PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Shop Lord
05-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I can't get my broadheads to fly staight. My groups are perfect with field tips but the broadheads are all over the place. I've tried 125g. thunderheads and the 100g. that came with the bow and niether seem to work. I can see the arrow drift when I shoot. I'm shooting a bowtech mission with a whisker biscut and carbon arrows with staight fletching. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gateholio
05-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Try one of these.....

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/images/Products/321L.jpg

Elkhound
05-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Curliss...I ordered rage broadheads from Bass pro shops in Ontario rear deploying mechanical broadhead check out www.ragebroadheads.com they fly like a field tip. The videos are cool. And I checked out their performance on some US archery forums.....

But I do not know enough to help you tune your bow with the fixed blades.

Brambles
05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Have you paper tuned you bow, or been to a shop to have it set up properly?

Shop Lord
05-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't really know how to tune a bow and the nearest shop is a 3 hour drive each way.

Brambles
05-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you have an experianced friend that can give you a hand setting it up, this is likely your problem.

Your knock height might be wrong, your arrow rest might be set up wrong, your arrows might have the wrong spine.

There are articles on the computer about paper tuning, short and sweet is hang a piece of brown paper(good size) on a frame in front of your target, stand back so your at full draw your arrow with field points is about 3-4 feet away from the paper and shoot at your target.

The way your arrow tears through the paper will tell you what changes you need to make to your bow, descriptions of what tears means what is avaliable on the internet. Then make adjustments to your rest until your shooting bullet holes and all 3 fletch tears are the same length.

Then shoot your broadheads and see how they fly ( not through paper )

greybark
05-05-2007, 02:07 PM
:) Hey Curliss . Helical vanes are a must when shooting broadheads in order to eliminate planing . You may have problems with the wisker biscuit in this regards .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Bow Walker
05-05-2007, 08:09 PM
:) Hey Curliss . Helical vanes are a must when shooting broadheads in order to eliminate planing . You may have problems with the wisker biscuit in this regards .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
My thoughts exactly. Straight vanes will not do it. Try re-fletching with either a right helical or a right offset to the vane. I'm sure that you will see an immediate improvement.

Also - spin test the arrows to be sure that they are true before you shoot them. Could save you a lot of fiddlin'.

We just did some arrows for "The Hermit" - who also uses a Whisker Biscuit......with the right-hand helical he had no problems with his rest. He is now off to shoot a bear with a few "soon-to-be-buddies".

Shop Lord
05-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys. I talked to the people at Boormans and they suggested trying some montecs. Problem solved. A bear is going to die soon.

jessbennett
05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
i shoot straight blazers through a whisker bisquit and dont have a problem...:???: i dunno.....

i tried helical with the whisker and it just was a nightmare.... went to the blazers and never looked back......

just my two pennies though....:smile: