PDA

View Full Version : Mt Hope FSR

heatherdaddy
10-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Anybody know anything about Mt Hope FSR, is it passable or is it even worthwhile trying that road for hunting.
My hunting partner saw it on a map and asked about it, since I didnt know I thought I would ask about it.
What is the hunting like there, lots of pressure or is there even anything there worth hunting.
Any input would be nice.

Thanks

Iron Glove
10-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Funny, we were just sitting on the back deck looking up at Mt. Hope and Son ( just came down from Princeton so we can go fishing today ) asked the same question.
Never been up there but a buddy who does a lot of hiking says you can drive up so far in most vehicles then it gets really rough.
I'll ask around and let you know if I hear anything.
Most talk around here is Skagit or Coquihalla.

heatherdaddy
10-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Thanks Iron glove, I wouldn't recommend the Skagit right now as it was full of hunters and mushroom pickers yesterday.
I ran into about 12 hunters in there yesterday and about the same number of mushroom pickers.
I even hiked about 2-3 miles in the bush from the main road and ran into 2 hunters coming down and said there was another hunter up there right now.
All I saw was 2 does and a bunch of grouse that were wary of hunters as they left as soon as they saw me.