PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Elk in Peace Country

Tenacious Billy
10-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Worth bringing the bugle/calls or is it getting a little late by then?

Cheers,

palmer
10-04-2015, 09:52 AM
I've called in Bulls as late as mid November...just got to be saying what they want to hear

moosinaround
10-04-2015, 07:41 PM
second estrus cycle ought to be kickin in right about now?!!!! Bulls will be breeding cows missed!! I'm gonna call!! Moosin

Salix
10-04-2015, 08:00 PM
I'd bring the calls up. Moosin is correct about the second estrus and the mid sized satellite bulls will be interested. Might be harder the bring in the herd bull this time of year but you never know.
From what I've heard the elk are harder to find up there this year though.
J

Tenacious Billy
10-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Fair enough - I've heard the same as well. Have some time away from the everyday grind....getting into some animals will be a bonus. Thx.

rides bike to work
10-04-2015, 08:36 PM
I just got home from the kootneys and the bulls bugles every day and night got into an argument with a bull at 11:00 am across a ravine the other day. None came into calls though usually moved off once we started talking probably pushing his cows with him. Did work to locate one that stuck around long enough for my dad to move in an drop him though.i got mine two years ago on oct 12 came right into calls

Backwoods
10-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Yah I've been hunting elk hard in the peace, got a few bugles, haven't had one come in, sure has been quite season, the guys I know that have shot bulls just happen to cross their paths