PDA

View Full Version : 7-23c

Hemi
10-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Got a cow draw there for October 10-25 have not been there by road in awhile how are the roads in. Is the tacheeda road open north of bear lake and has anyone seen many cows up there recently.. Thanks in advance and any tips for the area just doing day trips

moosecaller
10-04-2015, 09:58 AM
2000 Road is open bridge was fixed. Not many moose in there when I was there last a week ago? They may move lower for your time frame. Saw lots of grizzly sign and a couple of older cow/calf tracks. The lakes looked gorgeous as always.

Hemi
10-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Not many moose so there were some ��

moosecaller
10-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Not many moose so there were some ��

So I guess there were some to make the tracks,did not see any moose and we did some traveling around saw cow/calf tracks and one single set of track on the river bank. I my opinion not one of the best moose areas at least when I was in there.
We did not even see any piles of scat old or fresh,(just Grizzly poop) and we put on a fair amount of boots to ground scouting as well as the driving.

Hemi
10-04-2015, 11:43 AM
I have seen some traveling by rail maybe put my quad on the tracks and go towards table

moosinaround
10-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I have seen some traveling by rail maybe put my quad on the tracks and go towards table
yer taking yer life in yer hands there! Trains are running on those tracks now! Dont be a CBC news story! Moosin

moosecaller
10-04-2015, 09:31 PM
yer taking yer life in yer hands there! Trains are running on those tracks now! Dont be a CBC news story! Moosin

Agree you can't hear them coming until it's too late had them coming through at all hours of the day and night...yikes on the tracks!

Hemi
10-05-2015, 04:48 AM
Sub to tumbler is closed due to coal mines shutting down

Robson
10-05-2015, 08:12 AM
I was just flying a CN employee around the other day and he said they will be moving trains back and forth out of Tumbler for the unforeseeable future. It sounds like they are storing some cars over in the Tumbler area. He also mentioned to me after I said I was going to ride my mountain bike up the track that it is private property and as soon as the guy driving the train sees anything on the track he will throw the train into emergency mode to try and stop as fast as possible. Apparently it is very hard on their equipment. Just a heads up.