PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in Invermere?

Wildman
05-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm thinking of putting in for a LEH in/around Invermere this year or just heading up for open season. Any input? What do you hunt there? Moose, Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail and Sheep I'm guessing. What do you have for open season around Invermere and is it worth putting in for any LEH's?
My sister lives there but she knows nothing about hunting so shes no help.

model88
05-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Have hunted deer up that way, used to be pretty good for mulies and whitetails.

hunter1947
05-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I hunted up that way about 6 years ago , i took a 6x5 bull out of jumbo creek main line ,jumbo creek main line runs off of toby ,i hunted the right side of the draws off of jumbo about the 6klm mark ,there are some big bulls in that area. There are some good mulies as well ,i found that the whitetail aren't as numerous in that area ,but things could of changed in the past 6 years .hunter47.

bozzdrywall
10-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Iam a little late with this post but like buddy said there are lots of big mules plus some big bulls up there in jumbo if you know were to go i hunted that for the last year or two and i found the spots lots of walking though. i took a bull out of there with a friend that went 300+ HE SHOT IT BUT IT WAS A GOOD DAY.

10-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking of putting in for a LEH in/around Invermere this year or just heading up for open season. Any input? What do you hunt there? Moose, Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail and Sheep I'm guessing. What do you have for open season around Invermere and is it worth putting in for any LEH's?
My sister lives there but she knows nothing about hunting so shes no help.

You can't go wrong in the Windermere Valley, great hunting for all species LEH or GOS.

coho456
10-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Hunt up there every year ,lots of elk ,whitetail,and big mulies livin in and around town .Moose is leh ,get elk every year ,seems to be more elk every year.

10-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Don't limit your self to Toby/Jumbo either, Horsethief and many other areas are excellent.

boxhitch
10-25-2008, 09:16 PM
there are lots of big mules plus some big bulls up there in jumbo if you know were to go i hunted that for the last year or two and i found the spots lots of walking though. .
A great place for using horses, I hear. decent narrow trails, no quads ?