PDA

View Full Version : Clinton area Whities

Redneckpg
10-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Have yet to bag a whitey and was told around Clinton be a good (not to far) area to go try. Thinking of goin down next weekend (sat/sun) from PG with the girlfriend for a look. She wants to get into hunting so should be a good opportunity for her to do some hiking without the threat of running into grizz like around here.
Is there a decent population of whitetail there? Will have a mulie tag as well, but really want to get a whitetail or two.
Any info be greatly appreciated!

Just got back skunked from DC/Toms Lake area so would love to get some meat in the freezer. Probably last chance Im gonna be able to get away this fall :sad:

604ksmith
10-02-2015, 04:12 PM
I've seen a few white tails in the Clinton area, so they are definitely around.

However, there are much more Mulies. Either way, you should be able to cut a tag pretty easily.

bc traper
10-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Have not seen a white tail in this area this year

10-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Not enough to concentrate on, go with both tags your apt to get a Mulie though. Try around Kamloops to Kelowna areas. Far more whiteys in certain areas then your choice of Clinton

Husky7mm
10-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Why drive to clinton from PG for whitetails, are there none in PG? I would go to the peace over clinton anyday for WT. Whitetail are a newcomer around clinton.

digger dogger
10-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Why drive to clinton from PG for whitetails, are there none in PG? I would go to the peace over clinton anyday for WT. Whitetail are a newcomer around clinton.

What he said ^

Sofa King
10-02-2015, 07:09 PM
go east man.
chetwynd/hudsons hope/foreskin john/dawson

markomoose
10-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Why drive to clinton from PG for whitetails, are there none in PG? I would go to the peace over clinton anyday for WT. Whitetail are a newcomer around clinton.What he said x2

Weatherby Fan
10-02-2015, 08:10 PM

What he said X3

monasheemountainman
10-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Yes I agree don't go to Clinton for whitetail. It would be a bonus kill if you saw one not something to concentrate on.

Bear Chaser
10-02-2015, 09:59 PM
There's no whitetails in the Peace.
Don't come here; complete waste of your time.

honeyman76
10-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Its a longgg drive, but Golden area had white tails everywhere. I don't recall seeing any mulies.

Redneckpg
10-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Thanks!, last year a friend said saw lots of whiteys down there and with 2 doe limit though be worth it. Now thinkin of heading back to the peace.... maybe find an elk or bring my bow for a moose.
There is whitetail around PG but ive never really had much luck. And its gonna be a joke with how busy it is thanksgiving weekend. Eveyone comes for their draws, calf season, etc.

Leave tomorrow for a Grizz hunt and some coho fishing :)

markt308
10-03-2015, 10:37 AM
very few, if any in clinton like the others said. 70 mile apparently has been seeing more and more WT. but that's kind of hearsay

Glenny
10-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Or Harsefly

curt
10-03-2015, 11:12 AM
If you're going to drive all the way to Clinton from Prince George I would drive over the Pinecrost towards Chapman get down in there lots of Whitetail

Daka
10-03-2015, 09:50 PM
How about mule deer around Clinton,cache Creek and Ashcroft?

Looking_4_Jerky
10-03-2015, 10:18 PM
How about mule deer around Clinton,cache Creek and Ashcroft?

Yup, they're there.

Redneck, if you find the right pockets there are a few WT around Clinton. Only a few. If you lived in 100 mile, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to go poke around. But going to Clinton, which has very small WT population, from PG is not a wise move, IMO.

Sounds like there is some good guidance on where to go in the peace. I'd take their advice!!!

Daka
10-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Any starting points to look for a mulies...not really keen for trophies as long they are antlered it is good one at this point. 3 or 4 points would be good but even spike for a newbie hunter is good to get the thrill going....

plumberjustin
10-05-2015, 08:17 AM
Plenty of area to explore, Loon Lake, McLean Lake, Blue Earth, Hat Creek, Scottie Creek. I just got back from a week in Cache Creek area, tons of mules around, and plenty of blue grouse this year too. Was successful in putting down a large 2 point on Friday morning, but didn't see any whitetail. Maybe head further east for the whities.

digger dogger
10-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Plenty of area to explore, Loon Lake, McLean Lake, Blue Earth, Hat Creek, Scottie Creek. I just got back from a week in Cache Creek area, tons of mules around, and plenty of blue grouse this year too. Was successful in putting down a large 2 point on Friday morning, but didn't see any whitetail. Maybe head further east for the whities.

^^^
There ya go, theres more than you could ask for in this post.
But if your in PG, go north and east man, good mulies, and a whack of w/t
A ton of descent advice.
If you go to reg 3, pick a spot suggested, and hit some ridges, valleys, and drainages.
You'll do well, either way you go.
Good luck.