PDA

View Full Version : Your Hunting Mules on your fave ridge and look up and right there you see it!

Jelvis
10-02-2015, 02:41 PM
:shock: a drone -- with a camera hooked on zee bottom taking pix and vids of my ridge in hunting season? Flying around like a dragon fly on steroids. Believe it or Not? ------ what wood you do?
-- Then right there -- -- whoomp thar it tiz :x You got tah be kiddin me!
What course of action should one take if this happened to me or you:?:
Jell Shocked ( a Hornet ) or a Drone it so dang it -- WOOOOOMP thar it tiz -- :mad:
What iz the law now concerning drones and mule deer hunting in BC?

Wile E
10-02-2015, 02:58 PM
But honestly, I thought it was a clay pigeon.

Thar it t'wuz....

island_dmax
10-02-2015, 02:59 PM
A drone is a rotary aircraft which makes it a helicopter. So it's illegal to use for anything hunting related.
Call the CO.

Cheers Mike

mcmullmar
10-02-2015, 03:00 PM
They are illegal to use for hunting.
Shoot it out of the air, If I had one and it got shoot down, I wouldn't go and make trouble with the person who shot it, they have a gun!

Jelvis
10-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Thank our wild life service in BC folks for this crafty idea, a drone is not to be used for hunting purposes.
It's a heli coptor and rotary so it's a no go.
I really appreciate this info hunters you've shared because drones are becoming very popular in this day and age.
I don't want to see any drones during hunting season on my ridges.
Jel -- Thanks BC Wildlife managers for this awesome rule, we appreciate your discretion --

pieter
10-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Did any one say it was being used for hunting some people use them to take pictures they otherwise would never get so don't and I repeat don't shoot my drone its worth more then your gun that much I know

Jelvis
10-02-2015, 03:09 PM
They kinda look like a crow or a magpie when above and like big blue grouse in full flight near the forest floor. I turned and right there!

dakoda62
10-02-2015, 03:12 PM
00 buck should remove it.

Jelvis
10-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Why am I smiling 62 ?
Jelly whoa!

caddisguy
10-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Call CO if it is being run by a poacher, otherwise stop to BS with the operator... "nifty drone you got there" and what not... maybe chat about their flight plans and my hunting plans to avoid overlap.

Big Lew
10-02-2015, 04:06 PM
I happened to be at a marina resort this summer that has both private and
rental cottages as well as the normal mooring and other commercial facilities.
A drone appeared and was hovering above the place for quite sometime.
It finally landed on one of the wharves and the owner carried it up past us
as we were sitting on our patio. After a pleasant chat we learned it was being
used commercially for mapping and plotting out future Marina development.
I can't imagine the legal consequences if someone were to shoot a drone down
that wasn't being used illegally....just saying...

Jelvis
10-02-2015, 04:11 PM
You couldn't hit a drone anyways with a rifle hunting deer, so that ain't going to happen.
-- a drone is a device that could be controlled across a small valley or ahhhhhhh?
-- How far away can someone be from the drone itself to operate the drone without losing contact?
Jelly -- any sounds A tall or quieter than an a Horny Owl?

Wentrot
10-02-2015, 05:24 PM
You couldn't hit a drone anyways with a rifle hunting deer, so that ain't going to happen.
-- a drone is a device
Jel -- how far away can someone be to operate the drone without losing contact?

Some of em can go a good distance. I talked to a guy flying one in Harrison. He was on the walkway and was flying the thing way out over the lake to the point I could barely see it. His control pad had a viewing screen. Pretty cool

Jelvis
10-02-2015, 05:43 PM
A person can buy drones now for dirt cheap apparently on line etc. For cheaper ones.
Amazon just offered a tablet computer combined as one, brand new for fifty bucks. :shock:
Was on tv. So drones might be next for demand and supply mode for all the young and middle aged people therefore suppliers will be competitive pricing to get ca$h flow moving quick like and in the river of financial suck sess. lol.
Jelly droning and moaning

M.Dean
10-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Let's pretend I shot a drone out of the air with my hunting rifle, jumped on my quad and slowly drove away. I'm pretty sure "Ballistics" couldn't be used against me in a Court of Law, unless of course someone in a neighboring City caught my bullet and some how connected it to the "Drone Shooting"? There be no witness's cuz were in the brush, so, in theory, if a "Drone" was flying above me well I was out hunt, Jack Shi* could be "Pinned" on me! So,If anyone with a "Drone" is up this way on the weekend, I'll be hunt'in the Hyas lake area!!!

Xenomorph
10-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Hunting area flying drones. Highly suspicious to me. If I was alone I'd duck and see what's happening and if something's shot call the CO. If not, then I'd probably stop and chat with the buddy flying that thing over me as I'm trying to hunt.

One could show them the .375 H&H cartridge and talk to them about the damage it can do on meat ...and how dangerous it is for them to be in an area with people actively hunting.

Just saying.

Salty
10-02-2015, 09:01 PM
I'd swat it down with a spruce bow and sell it on ebay

Sofa King
10-02-2015, 09:08 PM
don't just assume it's a hunter using it, just because you see a drone in the hills.
it's public land, anyone can be up there.
someone shoots my drone down, they'd be getting their truck destroyed.

Gateholio
10-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Lots of stupid, dangerous and illegal discussion on this thread. If you have suspicion that something illegal is occuring, call the CO.

Thread Closed.