PDA

View Full Version : Adams Lk hunting, is it worth trying to get around the indians gate?

Logan
09-30-2015, 03:46 PM
So, hey everybody here. Long time creeper, first time poster. I understand i'm supposed to start with a joke... so here it goes. "What's the name of the river that divides China from India?.... The Fraser" ha ha ha...

Anywhoooo. I was just wondering if anyone hunts on the south east end of Adams lk, I believe there is a snowmobile club or something up there. I saw it on google maps and drove in the day after an unsuccessful day of hiking around the alpine area of Sun Peaks, trying to find some of the bucks I saw when I was biking there in the summer. I went to cross the bridge I saw on maps, and it appears the indians had burned it down in the past over some dispute or something, then I took the ferry across and the indians had put a lock and a gate on the road to access it from here!

My question is! I am pretty sure I can find my way back into the area I want to go via different roads and my GPS, but is it worth the hassle? are there any deer up there or will my efforts be better spent somewhere else. I've lived in Kamloops for only 1 year now and i'm still getting to know the area. ANY advice helps, thanks a lot !

ryanonthevedder
09-30-2015, 06:41 PM
We've had a moose draw around that area a couple times and there have been a lot of wolves moving to those parts. In fact they ve really ruined our honey hole. Gates do keep out other hunters though.

Sofa King
09-30-2015, 06:45 PM
get up to the north end and into those areas between there and the top of Seymour arm.
beautiful land in there.

Logan
09-30-2015, 09:17 PM
OK thanks guys! maybe i'll head out that way this winter and see if I can pick off a few of those pesky forest rats then haha