PDA

View Full Version : Heading off on solo elk adventure- tips/partners/info....

thepitchedlink
09-30-2015, 07:35 AM
Well, due to some health issues here at home, the falls a but buggered up. But looks like I'm going to be set loose for a few days next week. I want my first elk. I'm going to head to 4-34,26 areas and see what I can find. I hunted up around Jumbo/Toby area last year, so might head back there, but I'm keen to look around Steamboat/Redrock/Frances FSR areas as well. None of my hunting buddies from home here can go during the week, so I'm just leaving and see what I can find. I'll be using my pick-up with smaller camper trailer and my little CT 90 motor bike....probably have my mountain bike as well for any non-motorized areas I find. i'd been keen to team up with someone for a morning hunt or 2. Anyone from the Okanagan area that might want to team up can PM me, or someone closer to the hunting area that would like to have a partner for a half or full day can let me know as well. I'd be fine with just sharing camp with like minded folks and hunt on our own, but good to have some help around if an animal gets dumped. Of course any tips about the areas would be fine as well.

I'll be leaving on monday evening I think....hope to stay until sat, but this can all change due to issues at home

PM with any ideas

thanks
Pitched

Seeker
09-30-2015, 08:14 AM
PM sent...............

calvin L
09-30-2015, 10:02 AM
That country has a large bear population both grizz and B/B .Keep your guard up . It sound like a blast, wish I was tagging along .

tenrag
10-01-2015, 11:15 AM
I will send a PM.

gamehunter6o
10-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Any hunter that still runs a Honda CT90 has his head screwed on right. Good luck fellow hunter.

thepitchedlink
10-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Any hunter that still runs a Honda CT90 has his head screwed on right. Good luck fellow hunter.

HAha, thanks very much....I love that little bike. Is that a kiwi hunted deer in your avitar?

gamehunter6o
10-01-2015, 02:41 PM
HAha, thanks very much....I love that little bike. Is that a kiwi hunted deer in your avitar?
Yes and the reason I had my knees replaced.

thepitchedlink
10-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Yes and the reason I had my knees replaced.

Oh, sorry, I didn't look at your location, figured you where here in BC somewhere. My wife is from Whangarei, so I've been lucky enough to get down there a few times....

BC-Kiwi
10-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Interesting to see someone else from Whangarei on here and I have to approve gamehunter60 on the Swanni, its part of my hunting attire now I live in BC and I'd be surprised if there are many more wandering the hills over here.

thepitchedlink
10-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Interesting to see someone else from Whangarei on here and I have to approve gamehunter60 on the Swanni, its part of my hunting attire now I live in BC and I'd be surprised if there are many more wandering the hills over here.

Well, not a Swanni, but I do roll around in my Swazi Tahr when it's rotten out....

BC-Kiwi
10-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Well, not a Swanni, but I do roll around in my Swazi Tahr when it's rotten out....

There are definitely more modern and advanced options these days but I do love my swanni. It was always a staple item back home chasing deer, pigs or anything else but these days everyone is more into camo.