PDA

View Full Version : Old Hard Core Fowlers go BUSH !

09-28-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks to relatives connections and good friends ....... A bunch of us went back to Saskabush for some incredible water fowling. After some of us have hunted birds locally in the lower mainland for over 60 years, others 40 ....... We lined up a trip back east. Best words to describe it ........ Incredible ! Uncomparable ! Wow !

Canadas of various sizes from 4 to 14 pounds, Snows, Blues, Ross, Specklebellys and Ducks of various kinds.

And i I must say ........ They do not have the fishy kelp flavour our foreshore produces.

Do do it you won't regret it !

CT

Lozzie
09-28-2015, 08:05 AM
The wet conditions the last few years has definitely contributed to an explosion of waterfowl populations in southern Sask. My folks still live there so it would be a pretty cheap trip, the only problem is the loss of work. Plus my boss is a jerk, ps I'm self employed. Where were you hunting?

09-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Out Battleford way ........ Lots of birds scattered here there and EVERY WHERE !

Cdn-Redneck
09-28-2015, 10:01 AM
I have a cousin with a farm near Dauphin Manitoba and want to go back one of these years maybe next year. Also my daughter lives in North Dakota so I would also like to do a goose/pheasant trip there as well.

wideopenthrottle
09-28-2015, 10:10 AM
grew up on lake of the woods (edge of the major flyway south)...I have seen flocks of hundreds of mallards teals blue bills etc....crazy action shooting...I once hit a bluebill in a big flock fairly high up and as it fell, at least a hundred birds tried to alter course and follow it...as they realized it was not a lead duck that they should follow, they all flared at the same time and sounded like a screaming jet...it is amazing when those big flocks come in to land how much noise they can make..

Chessieguy
09-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Know what you mean, there is nothing like the shooting in the prairies... And the grain fed birds are incredible!!!

backyardhunter3006
09-29-2015, 10:26 AM
I do a trip to eastern Alberta every year and it is a blast! Amazing amount of birds and tons of fun! Sounds like you had a great trip, and I hope to have the same when I go. Next Thursday I leave, can't wait!!