PDA

View Full Version : Need a Lille help,with 7b peace region elk.

Bunner
09-27-2015, 11:19 PM
I need a little advice. Where to go hunt elk? New to the peace region. Moved up here 2 years ago. like to stay north to much private farm land south towards DC. I like to hike into areas not drive hunt. I have been told behind Inga lake, peejay area, miggiligan hills fontas area,
christna falls area, toms road just past wonon , and of course pink mountain? Maybe tumbler ridge area? Any thoughts on where I should begin? Some advice would be greatly appreciated and open to any areas. I just need to put meat in the freezer this year. Work has been really slow. Thanks in advance.

Wentrot
09-28-2015, 05:26 AM
I need a little advice. Where to go hunt elk? New to the peace region. Moved up here 2 years ago. like to stay north to much private farm land south towards DC. I like to hike into areas not drive hunt. I have been told behind Inga lake, peejay area, miggiligan hills fontas area,
christna falls area, toms road just past wonon , and of course pink mountain? Maybe tumbler ridge area? Any thoughts on where I should begin? Some advice would be greatly appreciated and open to any areas. I just need to put meat in the freezer this year. Work has been really slow. Thanks in advance.

You just listed areas people told you to try...did you try em?

Bear Chaser
09-28-2015, 06:30 AM
Elk all through those areas. Inga Lake will be a good place for you to start as it is close to town. Hike in along the creeks. Stay off the private land.

Bunner
09-28-2015, 07:29 AM
You just listed areas people told you to try...did you try em?
Haven't seen anything yet. Still trying to locate a heard. That a why I was asking for some hunters opinions on areas to try or are some better then others. Just looking for opinions on areas that might hold elk. These are area that where mentioned to me. I don't know if elk even are known to pass through. That's why I am asking
i really do appreciate any info. Thanks

J_T
09-28-2015, 08:54 AM
Are you looking for sign of elk? Or are you looking for elk? Elk are like ghosts. I recommend you put the time in, around the clock, until you find sign. Then slow down and analyze the area for logical bedding and feeding areas. And, then, put some time in to hunting them.

todbartell
09-28-2015, 05:41 PM
I was in the Tumbler area late August, beautiful country. I'd like to try it for elk one of these years

Thatguy
09-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Have you seen any sign around the PeeJay or Milligan? Lots of bison, seasonal caribou, and some moose, but I've never even seen an elk track up that way.

Sitkaspruce
09-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Milligan has elk, cameras are full of cows/calves and small bulls. Inga down towards Upper cache is a good place to start, but you need to get way off the road. I killed my bull down that way and he was 1.5k away from any access. Lots of sign as well, but you need to find them. Lots of boot power and expect to spend a lot of time listening to the wind, but they are in there. Get a couple cameras to do some scouting for you.

Lots of elk country in the Peace, just need to find your spot and learn it. Don't count out Farrell Creek/Kobes as well.

Cheers

SS

Bunner
09-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info all. will keep you posted.

Trigger Happy
10-01-2015, 01:48 PM
hunted Farrell and Kobes FN tried kicking me off the FSR at the 17km curve I was on crown land, lots of hunters in there now some even driving cars good luck I went elsewhere