PDA

View Full Version : So, ATV use closed 7-7 to 7-15 05:30-09:00am Sept1-30

emerson
09-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Page 73 of the regs. A reminder to those from other areas (Okanogan) who don't bother to read for themselves(their explanation). A lot of quad traffic in 7-7 this morning during closed time. Oct1 closed time goes to 06:30-10:00am. You may not think it's a big deal, but to me walking, it's the same as you shooting a cow without a draw. You may not agree with the rules, but they exist until you lobby to change them, just like all the other rules we hunt under.

monasheemountainman
09-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Page 73 of the regs. A reminder to those from other areas (Okanogan) who don't bother to read for themselves(their explanation). A lot of quad traffic in 7-7 this morning during closed time. Oct1 closed time goes to 06:30-10:00am. You may not think it's a big deal, but to me walking, it's the same as you shooting a cow without a draw. You may not agree with the rules, but they exist until you lobby to change them, just like all the other rules we hunt under.

Hey I resemble that remark!!! by the way you spelled Okanagan wrong dumb dumb

emerson
09-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Hey I resemble that remark!!! by the way you spelled Okanagan wrong dumb dumb

I know, but if I get too good at writing someone may expect too much.... Besides I knew someone would correct me; HBC is helpful that way.

Zedbra
09-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Doesn't stop the truck crawlers from driving through I have found.

ruger#1
09-26-2015, 03:35 PM
I was hunting Baldy Hues one year. People would drive by the main road during restricted hours. With a quad on the other side of them. The was a lady CO working that area. She said there was a lot of poaching going on. Seen some nice elk there no moose. Sucks. We had an LEH for a cow.

markomoose
09-26-2015, 11:59 PM
When I purchased a quad 8 years ago I was ripping around for 2 months in the a.m.in 7-09 before this nice gentleman informed me it was illegal to ride in the morning.Felt like a tool but was happy to be informed.Read the regs!

Drillbit
09-27-2015, 02:04 AM
Thanks GOABC, for the ATV regulations!!

Foxtail
09-27-2015, 07:30 AM
It is only illegal to hunt from a quad during the restricted times. If they are just riding, ie. No weapon, they are ok. Unless it is a no motorized vehicle land closure.

emerson
09-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks GOABC, for the ATV regulations!!
I'm a resident hunter who is ok with the restrictions. If I had one I would get to my spot before the cutoff time like anyone who can get up on time. Start a GOBC bashing thread of your own.

Daybreak
09-27-2015, 09:34 AM
It is only illegal to hunt from a quad during the restricted times. If they are just riding, ie. No weapon, they are ok. Unless it is a no motorized vehicle land closure.

The regulations regarding ATV's are more detailed than what you have described.

Zone 7-07 details are found on page 73 of the synopsis and stipulate operation of ATV's are not allowed between 5:30 am - 9:00 am for any reason pertaining to hunting. This includes transporting people, equipment, and or supplies that will support hunting in any manner. Just because a person does not have a firearm in their possession does not exempt them from the closure.

By your interpretation, a person could leave a gun where he plans to hunt and use an ATV to get to it during the closure hours. This is not the case.

Foxtail
09-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Sorry Daybreak, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I was just saying it is not entirely illegal to ride ATV's at those times. Just so we are clear, I agree with the time restrictions.

Daybreak
09-27-2015, 12:04 PM
I understand your point and sentiment. You are right in the respect that you can ride them any hour you wish in 7-07 provided you are not connected to or supporting any hunting activities in any way while doing so. It's all good Mr. Foxtail.

Foxtail
09-27-2015, 01:16 PM
It is the same in a lot of region 5. 5-13 is no ATV's at all for hunting and in 5-14 it is the 10am restriction so you have to pay close attention to the regs reguarding ATV use.

Ubertuber
09-27-2015, 01:18 PM
I used to hunt an are that had hours of use quad restrictions. At first I didn't like the rule, but after a couple of days i realized how nice it was not to have all the quaders putting around all morning. Made for a more enjoyable hunt.
I hope more areas impose hours of use restrictions.

Drillbit
09-27-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm a resident hunter who is ok with the restrictions. If I had one I would get to my spot before the cutoff time like anyone who can get up on time. Start a GOBC bashing thread of your own.

Lol. Have a good season!

eric
09-27-2015, 02:13 PM
There used to be the same ATV time regulation in 7b, we used to quad in before the time restriction kicked in, just had to get up a little earlier, no big deal.

magnumjeff
09-27-2015, 03:36 PM
It's always been like that

goatdancer
09-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Doesn't make any sense. If you're going to restrict ATVs, you should restrict all motor vehicles.