PDA

View Full Version : Bag Limit Question

Carrollizer
09-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Hi All,
I was having a small discussion with my hunting partner, and I was hoping for some clarification on the matter:
We're planning a Thanksgiving long weekend in MU 3-19/3-20 and then another for the Remembrance Day long weekend in MU 3-31/3-32.

My question is, if I happen to bag a muley on the Thanksgiving weekend, am I allowed to harvest another one on the Remembrance Day long weekend?
The regs say bag limit of 1 - is this limit on the entirety of MU 3 or is it each sub region?

If the answer is No, can I harvest more than 1 deer in different MU's? such as MU8 and MU3?

Thanks
Carrollizer

adriaticum
09-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Did you check page 17?

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/docs/Provincial_2014.pdf

Carrollizer
09-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks Adriaticum, must have overlooked that one.

Do I assume that means yes to my question?

All the best,

Buckmeister
09-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Bag limit for BC is 3 deer total, with the exception of the Queen C's.

Each Region has it's own bag limits that must fall within the provincial quota. This is what the Regs say for region 3:

REGION 3
Thompson
ReGiONal BaG liMitS
Deer
: The aggregate bag limit for deer
is 3. The bag limit for mule (black-tailed)
deer is 2, but only one may be a buck.
Antlerless mule (black-tailed) deer are
under Limited Entry Hunting only.
The bag limit for white-tailed deer
is two. either sex.

So if your hunting Mule deer in Region 3, you are allowed 1 Buck in the specified MU's of region 3.

Carrollizer
09-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the clarification
All the best,

Salty
09-25-2015, 04:27 PM
The bag limit for mule deer in region 3 is one. So as soon as you harvest a mule deer anywhere in the region you are done mule deer hunting in that region for the year. If you wanted to take another mule deer you'd need to go to another region. But if you're planning on harvesting more than one deer you need to understand the provincial regulations as well where you're allowed 3 total province wide with restrictions on how many of each species are taken.

edit- all that for nuttin buckmeister beat me to it. ha ha

nazarow
09-25-2015, 04:28 PM
You are allowed 1 Muley buck out of all region 3. Your provincial bag limit is a total of 3 deer total but you can't go over any of the regional antlered/antlerless limits posted on page 17 as adriaticum stated. You would be able to get another Muley muley buck from a different region. (like region 8 as you're asking).

Carrollizer
09-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks Guys, I was just a bit hung up on the Regional/Provincial limits and the MU specific bag limits

Good luck and good Hunting to all

Foxtail
09-25-2015, 05:16 PM
I got a good one. What if you go the "Haida Guai" and get oh say 10 deer... Can you go to another region and get another deer? I mean you are already over the provincial limit???!

ajr5406
09-25-2015, 06:01 PM
I wish I had to worry about bag limits... ��

Dirty Steve
09-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Grabbed my regs pretty quick there as I have a doe draw in 3:20. Just as I thought, 1 mulie in region 3. Ill dump a buck in 8 and drive the 30 kms to 3:20 for my doe late season.
Hunt 3:20 and 8:21 if you want another buck. 8:11 isnt too far either and has lots of white tails down low.

Grizzloonly
09-26-2015, 06:10 AM
Did you check page 17?

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/docs/Provincial_2014.pdf

DS, the GOS has a bag limit of one in region 3. Read page 17 as adriaticum posted, the regional bag limit for region 3 is one antlered, one anterless for a total two..

finngun
09-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Grabbed my regs pretty quick there as I have a doe draw in 3:20. Just as I thought, 1 mulie in region 3. Ill dump a buck in 8 and drive the 30 kms to 3:20 for my doe late season.
Hunt 3:20 and 8:21 if you want another buck. 8:11 isnt too far either and has lots of white tails down low.

is that reality,,or just dream?my deers are not that tame or stupid..cheers f g:shock:

Downwind
09-26-2015, 04:57 PM
I got a good one. What if you go the "Haida Guai" and get oh say 10 deer... Can you go to another region and get another deer? I mean you are already over the provincial limit???!

Yes you are still allowed your 3 deer limit. The Queen Charlottes have their own bag limit and tags that do not count against the provincial bag limit.

sakohunter
09-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Why are we worried about shooting are limits. We should be worried about habitat conservation and issues that effect Hunters across BC. You all sound like Vedder river fishermen. It is terrible to read this, How much can I kill in a region. then drive to the next region and kill some more. Greed is not good.

Fisher-Dude
09-26-2015, 06:47 PM
Why are we worried about shooting are limits. We should be worried about habitat conservation and issues that effect Hunters across BC. You all sound like Vedder river fishermen. It is terrible to read this, How much can I kill in a region. then drive to the next region and kill some more. Greed is not good.

Is it greedy to hunt within the legal limits that are set to conserve wildlife?

sakohunter
09-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah I do, when it comes across as how do I kill the most in the shortest amount of time. What ever happened to going out and appreciating nature and the wildlife that abounds within it. Maximum kill rate seams like a video game mentality to me.

Foxtail
09-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Yeah I do, when it comes across as how do I kill the most in the shortest amount of time. What ever happened to going out and appreciating nature and the wildlife that abounds within it. Maximum kill rate seams like a video game mentality to me.

So... What you're trying to say is... The Charlottes are a bonus round? :P

All kidding aside I appreciate and respect wildlife and nature more than most. Last year I got skunked and had a book fill of tags. I didn't care though because I had a few awesome trips. Now go kill some wolves.

sakohunter
09-26-2015, 07:40 PM
People will do what they want to do. If a person chooses to kill their limit then power to them. If you get skunked and eat tag soup better luck next year. I feel that hunters are becoming to competitive and killing the most or the biggest rack is getting in the way of seeing nature. I killed two deer last year in two different regions and I was horrified at the habitat loss and the destructive hunting camps set all over the areas that I hunt in. We are in a high ungulate cycle right now so we should appreciate it, but it will end. So the balance is that we as hunters should be continuing to press the government to establish better habitat protection for wildlife. We should be working together to do more for wildlife rather than taking more or find more efficient ways to kill our limit. Rant over

Salty
09-26-2015, 07:46 PM
WTF dude its OK for you to bag two deer in a season but someone else asks how to go about it and its all the sudden unethical or some deal? There are provincial limits set and if someone has use for more than one animal's worth of meat the game population isn't all of the sudden being threatened. Calling someone down for hunting within the regs doesn't sit well with me.

sakohunter
09-26-2015, 08:04 PM
It is not running anyone down, but maybe just asking hunters to think about what we have. Instead of how much we can take and how quickly. It would be pretty low of me not to explain my own circumstance. I don't really care if I get anything or not, some years things fall into place other they don't. I enjoy the outdoors period, and when I see garbage left in Hunting camps and massive clear cuts under the guise of salvage harvest it becomes clear that we are not doing enough to balance things out.

SWD
09-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Buy a Queen charlottes licence it is separate ,deer tags $10 each.
Then you are not included in mainland limit.

Read deer bag limits explained page 17.
Also read page 10.

Jelvis
09-26-2015, 08:28 PM
I'm not 100 % sure for non status but I think you can hunt in Kamloops area for two mules if, one you shoot is a valid buck deer mule in gos and can apply for an antlerless mule in the same MU, so if you get Lucky LEH Antlerless Mule in that area too on LEH, BANGO!
So that is what I think a hunter can do under the BC HUNTING REGULATIOS --
-- Core Ract me if I'm wrong -- A person who hunts should know this to gain opportunity
-- Liberal general open seasons and leh opportunity for mule deer hunting in 3
Mule Deer Hunting at it's Best .. worldclassmules.dotseehay
-- Always study both LEH papers and GOS in BC Hunting Synopsis -- for the year your hunting in, up to date information that you need to read and understand to make hunting a safe and legal outdoor classic adventure we are all proud of. Study and show yourself approved
Jel

Downwind
09-26-2015, 09:14 PM
It is not running anyone down, but maybe just asking hunters to think about what we have. Instead of how much we can take and how quickly. It would be pretty low of me not to explain my own circumstance. I don't really care if I get anything or not, some years things fall into place other they don't. I enjoy the outdoors period, and when I see garbage left in Hunting camps and massive clear cuts under the guise of salvage harvest it becomes clear that we are not doing enough to balance things out.

So someone checking to ensure they are not overhunting in a region turns into 'what happened to hunters? Why is this about killing as much as you can as fast you?' From you. People hunt for different reason and for some might just be a full freezer and your reasons could be different. Your comments are messy camps and clear cuts have nothing to do with this topic. Maybe start your own thread instead of trolling someone else's thread.