PDA

View Full Version : So I didn't get my moose....

Drache
09-25-2015, 06:02 AM
So after 5 years I finally got a moose draw. I was so excited and knew the perfect spot to find one! First day out was just pouring rain but seen a cow and calf in the exact spot! Went back the next day and sat down at the end of the swamp and started calling. Perfect morning with frost on the ground.

About an hour and a half later I heard a bull coming in and answering at the other end of the swamp which is only 200 yards long. I can literally see his horns over top of the willows. Then I hear some twigs snapping about halfway along the swamp to my left. Thought it might be another moose. All of a sudden a guy in blue jeans and a long sleeved shirt with a rifle slung over his shoulder walks straight out into the swamp, right out into it by about 25 yards. The bull at the end of the swamp takes off. The guy fumbles with his gun and points it at the direction at the end of the swamp but the bull is long gone.

I hear the guy start to laugh and curse to himself that he almost had a moose. He then continues walking right through the middle of the swamp and out the other side without even noticing I am there.

Spent 6 more days at the swamp trying to call that moose back and never seen him again.

604ksmith
09-25-2015, 06:15 AM
Sorry to hear, it's definitely frustrating to have your play on an animal interrupted.

epicZERO74
09-25-2015, 06:20 AM
That sucks man, but thats hunting sometimes!

09-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Yep, Crap luck but it happens... think of it this way... Your Call worked

.330 Dakota
09-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Theres always one f-tard in the crowd Dude,,,you found yours,,sorry

09-25-2015, 08:32 AM
How is that guy a F tard?
he was just hunting..... he may not have heard the calling or maybe thought it was a moose... of course if he thought there was a moose there he might have had his rifle off the shoulder....

Drache
09-25-2015, 08:38 AM
he was just hunting..... he may not have heard the calling or maybe thought it was a moose... of course if he thought there was a moose there he might have had his rifle off the shoulder....

Walking out into the middle of the swamp does seem pretty stupid though. And there is no way he didn't hear my calls. Either he knew someone was hunting there or he would have thought there was a moose there. Either way walking into the middle of the swamp with your rifle shouldered is pretty stupid.

The only reason I didn't call out to him was the way he was jumpy when the moose crashed off. Worried he might have turned and pointed his rifle in my direction. :p

09-25-2015, 08:49 AM
i totally aggree it was a stupid move hunting wise... alls im saying is you can bet he didnt know you were calling ..... he most likely thought there was moose.... I have seen guys do some relly poorly thought out "manuvers" thinking they were hunting,,, up on a mountain i used to hunt you would see guys out in the middle all the time..... they just dont know.... The fact the guy had his rifle slung means he did not "know" there was a moose out there... unless he is really really slow to the uptake...

hunting is hunting.. there are old def guys out there and newbies.... ignorant to how its done or just dont care anymore..... my dad is half def and killed more moose then most ever will.... he just loves being out there and looking. He could have easily dont that... but is he a F Tard? as for being jumpy...... Fack ya anyone would be jumpy when they unexpectadly bust a moose!

you just had shit luck....

Ltbullken
09-25-2015, 09:24 AM

Walking into the middle of the swamp, the heart of moose habitat where all the moose can see him, makes it fairly f_ktardish. Doesn't even have the rifle at the ready... defs f_ktard. Move on, Loser!

Ltbullken
09-25-2015, 09:25 AM
Walking out into the middle of the swamp does seem pretty stupid though. And there is no way he didn't hear my calls. Either he knew someone was hunting there or he would have thought there was a moose there. Either way walking into the middle of the swamp with your rifle shouldered is pretty stupid.

The only reason I didn't call out to him was the way he was jumpy when the moose crashed off. Worried he might have turned and pointed his rifle in my direction. :p

Probably would've used his scope to see where you were standidng...

09-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Walking into the middle of the swamp, the heart of moose habitat where all the moose can see him, makes it fairly f_ktardish. Doesn't even have the rifle at the ready... defs f_ktard. Move on, Loser!

lol i forgot ... hunting is a Pro sport..... definatly not for the weak or slow.....

Ltbullken
09-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Reminds me of when my hunting partner and I watched 3 guys 2 days before opening walk up and down the ridgeline bumping and pushing sheep all over the place. On opening day, there wasn't a single sheep on that mountain!

emerson
09-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Shit happens, hunter walking around didn't wrong the OP.

The Hermit
09-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Yep love it in the last couple of days in the bow only season when rifle hunters start "scouting", driving around, and sighting in their rifles! Whether they are just ignorant or genuine f'tards is irrelevant... it SUCKS!

Feelin ya Drache but have a question for you... why didn't you move onto another spot? This year the f'tard wolves moved into the drainage we usually hunt sending the elk into silent running mode. Once we moved into another drainage things got better!

goatdancer
09-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Some people just don't know any better. Got a license and a gun and went hunting. Actual knowledge and experience would really help. Without a mentor, he has to learn on his own.

Ltbullken
09-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Some people just don't know any better. Got a license and a gun and went hunting. Actual knowledge and experience would really help. Without a mentor, he has to learn on his own.

Yep. It can be frustrating but that it is hunting on Crown lands so got to be flexible.

ACB
09-25-2015, 11:24 AM
So after 5 years I finally got a moose draw. I was so excited and knew the perfect spot to find one! First day out was just pouring rain but seen a cow and calf in the exact spot! Went back the next day and sat down at the end of the swamp and started calling. Perfect morning with frost on the ground.

About an hour and a half later I heard a bull coming in and answering at the other end of the swamp which is only 200 yards long. I can literally see his horns over top of the willows. Then I hear some twigs snapping about halfway along the swamp to my left. Thought it might be another moose. All of a sudden a guy in blue jeans and a long sleeved shirt with a rifle slung over his shoulder walks straight out into the swamp, right out into it by about 25 yards. The bull at the end of the swamp takes off. The guy fumbles with his gun and points it at the direction at the end of the swamp but the bull is long gone.

I hear the guy start to laugh and curse to himself that he almost had a moose. He then continues walking right through the middle of the swamp and out the other side without even noticing I am there.

Spent 6 more days at the swamp trying to call that moose back and never seen him again.
That bull would have recognized you call and not come to it again after what happened the first time. Maybe you should have moved but thats shoulda woulda coulda. Tough luck, sorry to hear it.

itsy bitsy xj
09-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Could have been worst the guy could shot the moose you called in

Foxtail
09-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck Drache. You put in hard work and hopefully had a good time reguardless. Better than being at work. There is still a lot of hunting season left, smack a deer if you can find the time.

.330 Dakota
09-25-2015, 03:33 PM

Thats the point I was making exactly,,,thank you