PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Mature hunting partner for Kootenay Elk, Moose, Deer

BgBlkDg
09-21-2015, 05:44 AM
My usual hunting partner just informed me that family issues will prevent him coming with me in October, as we had planned. My alternate is tied up with work until November.

I am looking for one, male, reasonably experienced, NON-DRINKER, non-smoker, who can backpack a short distance with 60ish lbs. has his own basic gear, frame pack, sleeping bag, pad(s) and solid mountain tent for several day hunts in the Kootenays and Boundary region.

Camping out, no frills, up long before dawn and hunt all day. Split game evenly, share all chores and someone comfortable with driving my newish Toyota 4x4 on the highway, I will drive in the bush.

Non-competitive, pleasant and well-educated Canadian, I have several decades of experience and am a very strict sportsman-conservationist. Middle-aged, reasonable condition, no super-jocks and flexible.

I have the truck, superb gear and can make a very comfortable camp for two guys for several days and I tend to prefer married guys with wives like mine who can act as safety contacts.

I have no issues with sharing a spare gun with a good partner, have lots and I live in Abby, so, a local guy would work well. I do not care about trophies, I hunt for fun and kill to eat.

Please contact only by e-mails to Riest46@outlook.com, we can talk on the phone, meet for coffee and go from there. I want to go again about Oct. 1.

Cheers!!!! :)

Kootenaykid85
09-21-2015, 06:06 AM
Try backpage.com

.264winmag
09-21-2015, 06:10 AM
I'm out, love drinking and very uneducated.
Good luck with the hunt.

RackStar
09-21-2015, 06:47 AM
sounds like somthing off match.com.
To many rules for me, I like to live and let live. Not a drinker but like to sip on a whiskey and stare at the stars.
Good luck with your hunt, solo hunts can be fun and relaxing, then you don't got to deal with people's sh*t for a week.

SR80
09-21-2015, 06:53 AM
What do you consider "well educated" does trade school count?? Damnit, I had a couple beers last night anyways.. Looks like I'm out too. Good luck on your hunt

adamgarbett
09-21-2015, 06:54 AM
WOW!!! who's sending their resume...............

ACE
09-21-2015, 07:02 AM
"Non-competitive, pleasant well educated Canadian ....... "

Show passport ...... ?

Good luck with your hunt ......... for suitable candidates.

bighornbob
09-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Middle aged???? I am in my early 40's and consider myself middle aged and you have at least 2 decades on me.
Why not post all your other handles from this site and all the other ones and why you have been kicked off multiple sites including this one so people can really get a feel for who they might be hunting with.

whognu
09-21-2015, 07:14 AM
that guy died in the fifties...........

.330 Dakota
09-21-2015, 07:26 AM
C'mon, Guys cut him some slack,,,Im all in except I have a busted leg right now,,,I like the odd whskey at night too, but if it were banned, I couldnt care less,,,never smoked anyways,,,nothin worse than huntin with a guy that gets pissed every night and rolls out holding his head around 9am,,,then bitches cause you have to hike

Krico
09-21-2015, 07:29 AM
Hahaha I would rather shave my nuts with a cheese grater!

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 07:31 AM
That is why I stopped hunting with Remington Jim.

Cookie1965
09-21-2015, 07:42 AM

Are these 2 posts somehow related?

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 07:45 AM
No.330s post. Is the one that I was referencing to.

hntcrazy
09-21-2015, 07:53 AM
hmmm hunter that doesnt drink ,isnt that like seeing a unicorn ??

.264winmag
09-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Well played bro, well played...

monasheemountainman
09-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Sounds awful.

.330 Dakota
09-21-2015, 08:48 AM

Jim made you shave your nuts??

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2015, 08:48 AM

Now thats FUNNY ! hA ! hA ! hA ! :smile: RJ

Fella
09-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Non-competitive, pleasant and well-educated Canadian, I have several decades of experience and am a very strict sportsman-conservationist. Middle-aged, reasonable condition, no super-jocks and flexible.

Cheers!!!! :)
How Canadian do you require someone to be? Do you require a family tree to make sure the persons family has been here for the sufficient amount of generations? What race do you require them to be? Do you accept people with brown eyes or blues only? Just asking for a friend...

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2015, 08:59 AM
How Canadian do you require someone to be? Do you require a family tree to make sure the persons family has been here for the sufficient amount of generations? What race do you require them to be? Do you accept people with brown eyes or blues only? Just asking for a friend...

You are not asking for a friend you want to be Deweys " BITCH " for a week for sure ! At least hes not NDP anymore so political chats will go OK ! ;) lol RJ

Cookie1965
09-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Jim made you shave your nuts??

Yeah, that's where I was trying not to go lol

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Yeah, that's where I was trying not to go lol He said they were itching his cheeks. And giving him a rash on his chin.

albravo2
I assume my American wife disqualified me on 'real Canadian' grounds but I decided to take up smoking just to be sure I missed on every other criteria.

Good luck though.

BiG Boar
Hey guys I'm also looking for a partner. Prefer brunette hair and blue eyes, top heavy with a badonkadonk of moderate proportion. No clothing or gear needed. Must know how to cook, and handle a big gun. I'd prefer a tall drink of water who likes a man who goes on long hunting trips with his buddies.

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Hey guys I'm also looking for a partner. Prefer brunette hair and blue eyes, top heavy with a badonkadonk of moderate proportion. No clothing or gear needed. Must know how to cook, and handle a big gun. I'd prefer a tall drink of water who likes a man who goes on long hunting trips with his buddies. Caitlin Genner. Might be what your looking for. Oh wait, She has extra gear, Sorry Dave

lip_ripper00
09-21-2015, 09:14 AM
I got as far as mature and started laughing.

finngun
09-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Hey i know exselent.. candinate take JEllo Bell,,allways ready for challence.. (sorry my mistakens...no canadian);-) cheers f-g

wideopenthrottle
09-21-2015, 09:31 AM
C'mon, Guys cut him some slack,,,Im all in except I have a busted leg right now,,,I like the odd whskey at night too, but if it were banned, I couldnt care less,,,never smoked anyways,,,nothin worse than huntin with a guy that gets pissed every night and rolls out holding his head around 9am,,,then bitches cause you have to hike

I always lived by the rule "if you're up all night howling with the hounds, you better not be whining with the pups in the morning"

Surrey Boy
09-21-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm surprised you don't abound with friends who'd jump at this chance to help you.

.264winmag
09-21-2015, 09:40 AM
I always lived by the rule "if you're up all night howling with the hounds, you better not be whining with the pups in the morning"
To quote my ole man, "if you wanna play with the boys you better be ready to work with the men". He also used to say "never trust a man who don't drink or has two first names"...

rides bike to work
09-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Huh .303 Dakotas picture is a

Big black dog

coinsidence

i think not

hntcrazy
09-21-2015, 09:55 AM
wow this thread is sure running away .............hope he finds a hunting partner......... :)

Surrey Boy
09-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Unrealistic expectations generally go unmet.

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Caitlin Genner. Might be what your looking for. Oh wait, She has extra gear, Sorry Dave

You would like "HER" for sure Ruger Buddy - she has a handle for you ! lol RJ

goatdancer
09-21-2015, 10:28 AM
You guys are really mean so early on a Monday morning. Give the guy a break. His post expressed his expectations. Better to know beforehand than find out somewhere in the bush 100s of kilometers from home.

.264winmag
09-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Unrealistic? Maybe not. Uncharacteristic in my experience definitely. Good way to weed out those that could ruin a trip however.

J_T
09-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Ya, I guess this site isn't what it proposes to be. Rather than criticize a guy for internet posts, and the relationship you don't have with him, leave this be and let him see if he in fact can find a hunting partner. It is precisely this bullshit that pushes the best people away from this site and leaves little more than the bottom feeders lurking.

Buck
09-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Ya, I guess this site isn't what it proposes to be. Rather than criticize a guy for internet posts, and the relationship you don't have with him, leave this be and let him see if he in fact can find a hunting partner. It is precisely this bullshit that pushes the best people away from this site and leaves little more than the bottom feeders lurking.

I agree his resume cuts to the chase fair enough.Happy hunting BGBLKDOg

Jagermeister
09-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Ya, I guess this site isn't what it proposes to be. Rather than criticize a guy for internet posts, and the relationship you don't have with him, leave this be and let him see if he in fact can find a hunting partner. It is precisely this bullshit that pushes the best people away from this site and leaves little more than the bottom feeders lurking.Funny J_T, that's the way I see it too. And I applied, maybe not for this time, but in the future. I don't mind a little dram of the good stuff to settle one off to sleep, but as someone mentioned, nothing worse that some piss tank that cracks the cap and cannot stop until the bottom of the bottle has been licked clean and then goes zombie on you. Been there and don't need that.

albravo2
09-21-2015, 11:42 AM

J_T, I usually agree with your posts but in this case I disagree. The guy paid for this abuse with countless posts that vascillate between cranky and bitter. I'd hate for someone to wander into a remote hunting situation with this guy without any sense of what he would be getting into.

I think the group is poking fun, at the very least to initiate a bit of research into this guys posting history before jumping in his truck.

srupp
09-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Had my hip..healed faster it would have been a pleasure to join you.Educated, non drinker, not only married..happily so..some moose , deer, elk experience..as well as spotless driving abstract.

Good luck
Steven

J_T
09-21-2015, 11:54 AM
J_T, I usually agree with your posts but in this case I disagree. The guy paid for this abuse with countless posts that vascillate between cranky and bitter. I'd hate for someone to wander into a remote hunting situation with this guy without any sense of what he would be getting into.

I think the group is poking fun, at the very least to initiate a bit of research into this guys posting history before jumping in his truck. I understand that. Most everyone is a blow-hard on here. It's easy when you aren't accountable. I hear Fischer-Dude is a nice guy in real life, so probably make a good hunting partner, but if I was to base a hunt on a person's internet history, well, it would be mis-leading at best. I hunt with guys that have strong opinions and we don't always see eye-to-eye. Doesn't make for bad hunting partners.

genockous
09-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Look in the YELLOW PAGES

huntcoop
09-21-2015, 12:04 PM
I think his perfect mate would be Rishu Pepper.

BgBlkDg
09-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Had my hip..healed faster it would have been a pleasure to join you.Educated, non drinker, not only married..happily so..some moose , deer, elk experience..as well as spotless driving abstract.

Good luck
Steven

Busy repacking from last weeks scouting-hunting trip to the area I am concentrating on this year, expect to hunt there and in the Boundary until Nov. 11, then wintercamp for wolves around the WK.

I would love to go with you, I think that we might even get some game and have a hoot, I have three contacts so far and they all sound just fine.

Maybe, next year, eh, I can/would drive up and give it the best I have left in my old bod, certainly would enjoy the time with you.

J-T, I actually thought of you last week as I took a few hours to visit the old mines around Ymir-Salmo, gawd, the feeling one gets when you sit in front of the old portals is just eerie, made me think of my late dad, into the "Yankee Girl" above Ymir in 1920, aged 16.........can you imagine some of todays kids or even 20somethings doing that.........

J_T
09-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Busy repacking from last weeks scouting-hunting trip to the area I am concentrating on this year, expect to hunt there and in the Boundary until Nov. 11, then wintercamp for wolves around the WK.

I would love to go with you, I think that we might even get some game and have a hoot, I have three contacts so far and they all sound just fine.

Maybe, next year, eh, I can/would drive up and give it the best I have left in my old bod, certainly would enjoy the time with you.

J-T, I actually thought of you last week as I took a few hours to visit the old mines around Ymir-Salmo, gawd, the feeling one gets when you sit in front of the old portals is just eerie, made me think of my late dad, into the "Yankee Girl" above Ymir in 1920, aged 16.........can you imagine some of todays kids or even 20somethings doing that......... Back in the late 80's I did a full underground survey of the Yankee Girl, Dundee, Good Enough and Ymir mines. It was very cool to be one of the first in there in such a long time.

Clint_S
09-21-2015, 02:26 PM
J_T You're a bit of buzz kill today. I was in tears till you went and got all serious :-(

ACE
09-21-2015, 03:00 PM
BgBlkDg ...... "I am 69, have had some serious injuries and now have a broken Fibula in my right leg which will not heal and the Femur is held together by a steel plate and screws. That leg is 1.5" shorter than my left, also badly fractured and both have arthritis. My right knee is deformed and my spine also, I have stenosis and arthritis and walk with a noticeable limp ............ "

Should the successful applicant be aware of your conditions, and possibly be medically trained/experienced ?
Perhaps hire a packer?

ACE
09-21-2015, 03:04 PM
J-T, I actually thought of you last week as I took a few hours to visit the old mines around Ymir-Salmo, gawd, the feeling one gets when you sit in front of the old portals is just eerie, made me think of my late dad, into the "Yankee Girl" above Ymir in 1920, aged 16.........can you imagine some of todays kids or even 20somethings doing that.........

You should petition for a name change of the 'Yankee Girl' mine .......

adriaticum
09-21-2015, 03:26 PM
I'd like to see BigBlkDog and jassmine go for a hunt together.

Lastcar
09-21-2015, 03:31 PM
someone comfortable with driving my newish Toyota 4x4 on the highway

Driving Miss Dewey. The long awaited sequel. But with more rules.

J_T
09-21-2015, 03:35 PM
J_T You're a bit of buzz kill today. I was in tears till you went and got all serious :-( aah, this site can be the buzz kill. I used to be pretty good at stand up comedy, until my kids told me I wasn't funny. So I stopped trying.

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 03:47 PM
aah, this site can be the buzz kill. I used to be pretty good at stand up comedy, until my kids told me I wasn't funny. So I stopped trying. Come on JT. You used to be fun. Did you get married.

J_T
09-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Come on JT. You used to be fun. Did you get married.
You get beat up on here enough and I think you lose your sense of humour... But that's ok, in the wake of some of the bullshit that goes on here, I've been thinking about shifting my online persona. No point in trying to be logical or informative. Better off to ruffle feathers and piss people off with misinformation.

But, it does go against my thesis. I need to monitor the site to conclude my study of the evolution of the hunter. From Newby, to opinionated, to troll, to competitive, holding on to opinionated, to relaxed, to bowhunter.

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 04:27 PM
I always get beat up on here. I do not care what other people think of me. They do not like me or think I am a goof. Oh well. You have a lot of good info.

J_T
09-21-2015, 04:29 PM
I always get beat up on here. I do not care what other people think of me. They do not like me or think I am a goof. Oh well. You have a lot of good info.Thanks. You mean like the fact most hunters eventually take up bowhunting because it's more in line with what they thought hunting was? Relaxing, not competitive, and effective.....

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Thanks. You mean like the fact most hunters eventually take up bowhunting because it's more in line with what they thought hunting was? Relaxing, not competitive, and effective..... I had two bows. A Ben Person And a PSE the Beast. The hills that I hunt are up and down. Very long shots. And yes I did enjoy it. I also enjoy getting out every weekend. Unless a bridge starts to fall apart and I can not get to the other side.

BgBlkDg
09-21-2015, 04:57 PM
That beam under the Dewdney Bridge was-is a freaky bloody deal and we are so lucky that some people were not killed or maimed. ....

Makes ya wonder if other bridges are in similar condition and how safe they might be.........

I remember the old Franklin Creek bridge, a wooden structure of the kind commonplace in the Kootenays and Boundary country when I was a kid in the 40s and 50s. When, I drove my 1984 Toyota LB 4x4 over it, in 1990, the whole structure just shook and I was a wee bit apprehensive.

The following year, when I went up, the BCFS had removed the historic old structure and access to some fine grouse hunting was more limited.....which was-is OK, IMO.

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Dewey. when you come from the east. The speed limit goes from 80k to 50k before the bridge. Those dumb asses in loaded dump trucks are hitting the breaks on the bridge. Not before it where the 50k sign is. I watched them one Saturday. Very dumb move on their part.

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Dewey. when you come from the east. The speed limit goes from 80k to 50k before the bridge. Those dumb asses in loaded dump trucks are hitting the breaks on the bridge. Not before it where the 50k sign is. I watched them one Saturday. Very dumb move on their part.

mark are you sayin truck drivers are DUMB ? lol RJ

lorneparker1
09-21-2015, 05:40 PM
If I was closer id be in, Good for you for laying it out. Spending a few nights in the bush with someone you hate is no fun.

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 05:41 PM
mark are you sayin truck drivers are DUMB ? lol RJ No, Some are dumb, And some are stupid. And some wear sandels in the winter time, When they chain up on the Coquahalla.

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2015, 06:06 PM
No, Some are dumb, And some are stupid. And some wear sandels in the winter time, When they chain up on the Coquahalla.

Now that would be dumb ! hunting with Dewey would prob be a experience everyone on here would enjoy :smile: the man is a wealth of knowledge for sure ! ;) RJ

rocksteady
09-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Don't smoke, but chew cope... Am I still a contender???

M.Dean
09-21-2015, 06:16 PM
I don't drink, but against my better judgement, quite a while back, I went hunting for 4 days with some of my olde buddy's that do. What a Mistake! Jeez, I never was that much of a "Ass-hol*" when I drank, was I??? It'll never happen again, believe me! Bg Blk Dg's thread here gives me a idea, before I go hunting with you,you or yes, even You! I want a Bloody Resume First!!!

BgBlkDg
09-21-2015, 06:17 PM
RJ, did you ever build that .416 Chatfield-Taylor, you asked me about, I am very interested in what performance levels you may have attained.

Would your estimable bro be referring to YOU, with the sandals-chain up comment.......hmmmm.... :)

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 06:19 PM
I don't drink, but against my better judgement, quite a while back, I went hunting for 4 days with some of my olde buddy's that do. What a Mistake! Jeez, I never was that much of a "Ass-hol*" when I drank, was I??? It'll never happen again, believe me! Bg Blk Dg's thread here gives me a idea, before I go hunting with you,you or yes, even You! I want a Bloody Resume First!!! And I want one from you. I have hunted with a few people that used to wine they had to be home at a certain time. And this was an hour into a trip. I most of the time hunt alone.

ruger#1
09-21-2015, 06:21 PM
RJ, did you ever build that .416 Chatfield-Taylor, you asked me about, I am very interested in what performance levels you may have attained.

Would your estimable bro be referring to YOU, with the sandals-chain up comment.......hmmmm.... :) No. he drives bare feet with gold toe rings. LOL

Whonnock Boy
09-21-2015, 06:25 PM
I might be the guy you are looking for!!!

I am a male, with experience. Might not be the experience you are looking for, but I have some! I am a non-drinker, and non-smoker, when I am not drinking or smoking. So that will work. Don't know your size, but I'm 6'2", 225 pounds. You wanna backpack me a short distance, I guess I will let you if that is one of the conditions. Basic gear, for sure! 7c bag, with a tent my kid is lending me. He uses it in the back yard all summer. It's sturdy!

It's no problem getting up before dawn. As a matter of fact, I usually don't go to sleep before that, so I'll wake you up! I agree with splitting the game. I get all the steaks and roasts, you can have the stew and burger. Not too keen on the "foreign" vehicle as they are a little cramped for my large frame, but comfort is of little concern to me as long as you don't mind fish tailing, bush wash's, and a guy that has on occasion fallen asleep at the wheel.

I have some education, probably more than you! But who's counting? I have 4 decades of experience. Again, with how you come across, I am certain I have experience in what you want. If you're wondering, I'm white, and proud of it!!! Super Jock? Not me. I'm just a jock. No nerds allowed. You a nerd??? If you are, I'll sniff it out the minute we meet, and I'll pummel you into the ground, ram your head in a toilet, and then stuff you in a locker for good measure.

I am glad you have superb gear, and can make a very comfortable camp. I'll leave that up to you, just like I leave those things up to my wife. Speaking of wives, I've had plenty, and I am sure any one of them will be our safety contact. One of them might even be interested in coming along, if you know what I'm sayin'..... Flexible? If I smell what you're cookin', take your pipe smokin' lips elsewhere.

I truly appreciate the offer of lending me a rifle. The RCMP took my arsenal. I think it was ex-wife #4 that did that, the dirty whore. Don't worry, she's not the one that I offered to bring along. The only trophies I care about, are my MMA ones. I love hunting for fun too! I kill to eat....

I get out next week, but I can make calls from 1-2 pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and 6-7 am on Sundays. Is that too early? I don't have an email. They don't trust me with computers any more.

Thanks again for the offer. We are going to have a blast!

Big Lew
09-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Well, many years ago I made the mistake of taking my best friend hunting.
He had no former hunting background but he and I were very close pals
for many years. He was like another son within our family. All he wanted to
do was hike and drive my little truck like a rally sports car on the gravel and
dirt backroads. He didn't like getting up in the cold before dawn, he had to
have lunch exactly at high noon, and he wanted our evening camp well setup
before the sun went down. I, on the other hand, once in hunting mode, didn't
care or worry about meal times, camp setup, or anything else that interferred
with my hunting from before dawn till dark. That friendship became very strained
for many years until he made the effort for reconciliation. We now have been
best of friends again for quite sometime and we have gone on good hunting trips.
We go over all the rules and concerns now though before heading out.

Phila
09-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a match!

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2015, 06:43 PM

Would your estimable bro be referring to YOU, with the sandals-chain up comment.......hmmmm.... :)

#1 The 416 Taylor is Waiting for a reamer and barrel to show up ! everything else is ready to go - Rem M700 action - B&C Alaskan TI stock - Leupold 1.75-6 VX111 Scope - Talley Rings-Bases - Hornady Die set - Horn 400 gr DGX bullets - Speer 350 gr Hot Core Bullets - 40 new Jamieson 416 Taylor head stamped brass - and A pile of reformed brass from Douglas in Whitehorse - that just showed up today in the mail ! So hopefully in a few months it will be Done ! Mitch ( Brno284 ) will be Doing the smithing ! :smile:

#2 NO ! :mad:

Cheers :-) RJ

Big Lew
09-21-2015, 07:42 PM
#1 The 416 Taylor is Waiting for a reamer and barrel to show up ! everything else is ready to go - Rem M700 action - B&C Alaskan TI stock - Leupold 1.75-6 VX111 Scope - Talley Rings-Bases - Hornady Die set - Horn 400 gr DGX bullets - Speer 350 gr Hot Core Bullets - 40 new Jamieson 416 Taylor head stamped brass - and A pile of reformed brass from Douglas in Whitehorse - that just showed up today in the mail ! So hopefully in a few months it will be Done ! Mitch ( Brno284 ) will be Doing the smithing ! :smile:

#2 NO ! :mad:

Cheers :-) RJ

Jim, I stopped by the Dealership last week looking for a coffee but
they said you had taken the week off (or maybe you recognized my
truck and were hiding, lol!) Continued on and enjoyed that coffee
and a great chat with Steven.

albravo2
09-21-2015, 08:00 PM
I need to monitor the site to conclude my study of the evolution of the hunter. From Newby, to opinionated, to troll, to competitive, holding on to opinionated, to relaxed, to bowhunter.

LOL! That right there is funny, no matter where you're from.

markomoose
09-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Wow ,saw this post first thing this morning and thought to myself there won't be much interest .Man was I WRONG!

ACE
09-21-2015, 08:28 PM
I need to monitor the site to conclude my study of the evolution of the hunter. From Newby, to opinionated, to troll, to competitive, holding on to opinionated, to relaxed, to bowhunter.

You've forgotten to include the final stage of your line of evolution .............. the Kool-Aid drinking 'Canuck fan' :mrgreen:

andrewscag
09-21-2015, 08:30 PM
You've forgotten to include the final stage of your line of evolution .............. the Kool-Aid drinking 'Canuck fan' :mrgreen:

Trophy hunters.

Salty
09-21-2015, 08:32 PM
ACE don't be a hole this is serious man BBD needs a hunting partner let's keep it on track. :mrgreen:

ACE
09-21-2015, 09:19 PM
ACE don't be a hole this is serious man BBD needs a hunting partner let's keep it on track. :mrgreen:

Has he started the interviews yet .... ?
Is it Trump that yells .... 'You're fired' ...... :lol:

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Jim, I stopped by the Dealership last week looking for a coffee but
they said you had taken the week off (or maybe you recognized my
truck and were hiding, lol!) Continued on and enjoyed that coffee
and a great chat with Steven.

Ah Shit Lew Sorry i missed ya next time my friend ! :smile: cheers RJ

Salty
09-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Has he started the interviews yet .... ?
Is it Trump that yells .... 'You're fired' ...... :lol:

Interviews. .. with standard questions that's the ticket! I got a candidate

- if you see a truck with American hunters and a first nations guide do you

a) shoot their tires out
b) fall a tree and block them in
c) observe, record and report

??

Salty
09-21-2015, 09:45 PM
ha ha. just havin a lil fun. good luck with your quest BBD

IslandBC
09-21-2015, 09:55 PM
D) all the above?

Asco
09-21-2015, 10:06 PM
It hink the OP onto something. Some sort of matchmaking profiling on here. I would like to have the kind of hunt he's into. I've ended up with smokers/ drunks / idiots with guns before. I posted for a hunting partner on Friday and got bailed on due to chance of wind.... Had a great time alone in the alpine anyway. Maybe we can set up a forum for hunting partners. Guys bail all the time due to family, health, work or whatever. It would be nice to have a place to match up with a hunting partner that will work out.

im pretty sure half the stuff Blkdog said was in reference to himself ie. Educated, canadian, etc. otherwise he is a bit of a d*ck.

Lastcar
09-21-2015, 10:38 PM
im pretty sure half the stuff Blkdog said was in reference to himself ie. Educated, canadian, etc. otherwise he is a bit of a d*ck.

Oh man...give it a few weeks. You'll look back on this and laugh.

Islanderr
09-21-2015, 10:57 PM
To be honest I'd be all over this if near by. My hunting buddy that takes me is always drinking. The night before and after, waking up late and just over all not really taking it seriously. Smokes and hell I do too when I'm with him. I don't mind some whiskey for the end of the night and if a guy wants to have a puff of the green stuff fly at er, just don't drink to the point of hangover/dehydration and no smoking herb during the hunt in the morning/day. Go hard till its to dark to legally hunt - head back to camp have din couple shots of whisky a puff if you feel so inclined and sleep like a log and wake up early. Funny when waking up for work you hit snooze 10 times, and when you wake up for hunting it's usually before the alarm!!! That is if you truly love hunting....islander

Ohwildwon
09-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Caitlin Genner. Might be what your looking for. Oh wait, She has extra gear, Sorry Dave

Guess you haven't seen C J on the latest box of Wheaties :wink:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/mikemcclement/Jenner_zpshdqdsyek.jpg (http://s284.photobucket.com/user/mikemcclement/media/Jenner_zpshdqdsyek.jpg.html)

ruger#1
09-22-2015, 12:45 AM
To be honest. I do not go looking for that stuff.

Drillbit
09-22-2015, 01:34 AM
I just want a mature wife.

Not one that's into selfies on facebook...........

hntcrazy
09-22-2015, 08:11 AM
I applied for this hunt and failed miserably ,my background has some Ukrainian and Italian!!!! Maybe next time.....................

Lastcar
09-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Did Dewey find a partner before being banned? ;)

.330 Dakota
09-25-2015, 09:09 PM
What about Hunter1947 ? He's down that way, and he is an older fella, I believe

Salty
09-25-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm thinking H 47 has his season figured out by now ;)

Poor BBD banned again eh? what'd he do now

Mulehahn
09-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Guess it was a long time coming (Banned Camp), but I think I would of actually liked to hunt with the Big Black Dog. Seemed like he would of been a solid hunting partner that I could learn a lot from. As a bonus, the campfire talk would of legendary. Didn't agree with everything he said, but so what. Life is boring if you always agree. Oh well. Have my own plans in Region 7 for October anyways.

toad
09-25-2015, 09:29 PM
I would the opportunity to hunt with you as I live in east Kootenays, but I only hunt elk on mountain bike and with your credentials I doubt you could keep up....

.330 Dakota
09-25-2015, 09:33 PM

Probably spoke the truth in his own tactfull way

Lastcar
09-26-2015, 09:48 AM

I missed it but put two and two together from another thread about a moose being abandoned. I saw posts from his normal sparring partners replying to him but not his.

Looked at his profile and sure enough. Not sure if it permanent or just another timeout.

Like someone else said here, wasn't always his content but more often his delivery.

No doubt he would be a guy you could learn a ton from. Some legendary stories to be told. Experience out the ying yang.

Seemed to just love the conflict. Which is too bad.

Most common phrase I heard about him was "pompous ass". Which seems pretty accurate.

kevan
09-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Probably spoke the truth in his own tactfull way

Seriously, I feel sorry for him in spite of the fact that he is a master of his own disaster.
He has suffered with a personality affliction all of his adult life and will do nothing about it.
Him and I have a long conflicting history on many other forums...

gutpile
09-26-2015, 02:24 PM
I don't think he would make a good hunting partner !

adriaticum
09-26-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't think he would make a good hunting partner !

Come on don't be such a spaz he is 69, he can still do the dishes.

kevan
09-26-2015, 03:52 PM
I would be very surprised if there is anyone on this fine Forum with a better knowledge of backpacking, making a camp and just plain surviving than BgBlkDg ( Dewey ).
I'm a few months older than him, but having met him I'm quite certain that I could not no way keep up with him, health issues aside.
When he spoke of living alone for months he was not BSing...
Having said that.... as for sharing a camp / hunting trip.... no friggin' way...

ruger#1
09-26-2015, 04:10 PM
He might be different at camp. I myself would hunt with him. I am going to be 53. And I have hunted with people 20,25 years older then me. They help around camp and have awsome stories. I have hunted with people in their 20s and 30s. They seem to think the older guys should do all the camp chores. We asked one to help with the firewood. He didn't get the hint until one of the guys asked if he needed a ride to the bus stop. He clued in after that. Chores first ,Sitting around campfire last.

Panic
09-26-2015, 04:22 PM
So explain like I'm 5....what's the deal here? Someone unpleasant was banned and re subbed under an alias and got banned again?

I'm a Canadian now - non smoking, non drinking, healthy, fit white male and I'd have gone out on a hunt (my first in Canada) with an experienced hunter...would it have been unpleasant?

kevan
09-26-2015, 04:26 PM
I fully agree with you concerning camp chores, but my reason for not wanting to camp with him is my own senility.
I am simply a grumpy old *******...

ruger#1
09-26-2015, 04:33 PM
I fully agree with you concerning camp chores, but my reason for not wanting to camp with him is my own senility.
I am simply a grumpy old *******...I hunt alone a lot. I am grumpy also. My buddies ask me why. I have no answer.

ruger#1
09-26-2015, 04:38 PM
So explain like I'm 5....what's the deal here? Someone unpleasant was banned and re subbed under an alias and got banned again?

I'm a Canadian now - non smoking, non drinking, healthy, fit white male and I'd have gone out on a hunt (my first in Canada) with an experienced hunter...would it have been unpleasant?I find people are more relaxed at camp. I have always been a loner. Love the solitude. Welcome to the old man's club. And congrats on getting you citizen ship.

.330 Dakota
09-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Seriously, I feel sorry for him in spite of the fact that he is a master of his own disaster.
He has suffered with a personality affliction all of his adult life and will do nothing about it.
Him and I have a long conflicting history on many other forums...

Ya, thats sad,,and I wasnt being sarcastic with my comment,,,he may not deliver things in a politically correct way, and he may even be wrong at times, however he seems to have the balls to say what some wont,,

Salty
09-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Come on don't be such a spaz he is 69, he can still do the dishes.

Stupid comment. I've known men in their 70s and 80s that would hunt circles around you and even experienced guys a lot younger than them.

ACE
09-26-2015, 06:12 PM
There's a reason he's been banned, re-banned, re-re-banned ......
Crude and ignorant in message and manner .....
Outright wrong most times.
Junior Kudu ?

adriaticum
09-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Stupid comment. I've known men in their 70s and 80s that would hunt circles around you and even experienced guys a lot younger than them.

Try http://justforlaughs.com if that's insufficient.

adriaticum
09-26-2015, 06:14 PM
There's a reason he's been banned, re-banned, re-re-banned ......
Crude and ignorant in message and manner .....
Outright wrong most times.
Junior Kudu ?

NO, Junior Kudu was gone long ago.
Ranger95 was his handle.

Ketchika
09-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Changing a bedshitters Depends is a shitty way to gain the wisdom of a self confessed "expert"
;)

Surrey Boy
09-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Ya, thats sad,,and I wasnt being sarcastic with my comment,,,he may not deliver things in a politically correct way, and he may even be wrong at times, however he seems to have the balls to say what some wont,,

He had all the opportunity in the world to do the things he says we ought to do, but he didn't, just held on to his toys.

Gateholio
09-26-2015, 07:08 PM
He's not perma banned, he got a timeout for a racial slur. He'll be back in about a week if he wants to.

If you want to be his hunting partner, he posted his email in the first post, or you could PM him, he should still be able to see his PM's. Unless he wants this thread reopened when he returns, it's locked for now.