PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of heading to the Chilliwack Valley this weekend

heatherdaddy
09-20-2015, 03:34 PM
I am thinking of trying my luck i9n the Chilliwack Valley this weekend.
I am thinking of the Depot Creek area, can anyone tell me how the area in there is?
Is it think and overgrown or is still being logged in there?
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in that area yet.
Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Jelvis
09-20-2015, 06:50 PM
depot is Depot so it's good, the gate they put in might still be there but get behind it and walk the road in until you will see. Go into the valley and you will see the USA border from the Depot Creek in the far distance towards the Skagit.
Hunt either side of Depot valley and keep your eyes open for recent trail use.
I like the open side hill on the one side with no old logging roads to walk, just a slope with hybrid habitat for mules and blacktail. Look up any rocky drainage for a big buck
You have to go there first of all, it's easy, turn up river at the Vedder Bridge and go, thru awesome scenery, the Chilliwack river is beyond world class fishing for trout, huge steelhead and salmon, dogs, and coho by the hundreds. Pools of water you pop a lure and WHAM!
Keep driving a little past Chilliwack Lake and you see the Depot Creek road on the right, if gated, walk behind and down the road and it opens up only hundred yards past.
Check the gate status at the entrance, read it and consider your way in legally first.
If it says no vehicles, fine walk.
Deer hunting is good at Depot if you look at it from the bottom and make a small day plan.
Jel -- When your up Depot your in blacktail country folks.