PDA

View Full Version : Headley

Liptugger
09-19-2015, 10:43 PM
Hi all, looks like I might get off the island again, thinking of Headley. Never been there, know a non hunter living there, so any advice
would be much appreciated. 2 years ago reached out for help in Lumby area and was amazed with all the help, so hope some maybe able to help out.

Thanks,
Randy

Liptugger
09-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Come on guys/gals, 292 views and nobody can help a guy out?
Just some general info would be helpfull, shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Randy

Ohwildwon
09-21-2015, 11:57 PM
HHmmm, might be a blessing in disguise? Not many people live thero

Ohwildwon
09-22-2015, 12:22 AM
Oops, hit the send button.. The valley is all farm land, Not much access to the top of either side.. once up top, still very steep terrain, very difficult to hunt.. Probably have to put a lot of time in to figure it out...

ruger#1
09-22-2015, 01:39 AM
Islands down by the river should have some deer. Lots of farm land. Check the regs. It might be four points onley for mule deer. Not sure though.8.01 To 8.11.October is any buck. In September, it is four points only.

Liptugger
09-22-2015, 06:37 AM
Thanks guys :-)

bc_buckshot
09-22-2015, 06:43 AM
Lived and worked on a ranch in Hedley for couple of years. Yes Hedley is quiet, and its not because the mine is gone. There is still some golden spots there but you gotta find the lucky charm. You would think Hedley is a ranch stand. Deer like ranches, ranchers sometimes dont like deer. Especially when they are busting round bails in the field and you can't pick them up because they will fall apart. But anyways.... If that dont work you can always stick you poll in Bromleys hole and catch some mountian whitefish. Ping pang pong.... Everyone in Hedley gets along

Sterling Creek or Stemwinder fsr.... Bring a whitetail tag

Gr8 white hunter
09-22-2015, 07:08 AM
I was camping at Dewdney campsite in late June early July and got some pictures of a nice fork Buck and a couple of doe'sin and around the campsite.

ACE
09-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Before you cross the Similkameen at Stemwinder ........ Sterling Creek FSR. Lots of country up there, thick, maybe logging, look for yourself. It's spelled Hedley.

Brizz
09-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Good bear area if that's your thing.

sapper
09-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Hi all, looks like I might get off the island again, thinking of Headley. Never been there, know a non hunter living there, so any advice
would be much appreciated. 2 years ago reached out for help in Lumby area and was amazed with all the help, so hope some maybe able to help out.

Thanks,
Randy
Don't bring up the subject of Miley Cyrus. :wink: I'd love to offer better advice but don't know the area. Jelly?

buck400
09-23-2015, 11:14 AM
On my trail cam in the headly the area I have two cougars sightings did not see a lot of deer real open and spotty in seeing them

tachi
10-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Come on guys/gals, 292 views and nobody can help a guy out?
Just some general info would be helpfull, shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Randy

Hi, Randy:
I'm going deer hunting at Hedley this weekend. Would you please share with me if any good spots?
Regards,
David

bosch
10-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Go to the pub and ask for Lizard, he might point out to you where to go.