PDA

View Full Version : Binocular covers

huntcoop
09-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Any of you guys using those bino covers that are incorporated into the straps. Badlands, Kuiu etc.. make some.

What are you using, likes and dislikes.

Shooter
09-19-2015, 09:24 PM
Ive got some S4 Gear Lockdown's. They work pretty good but I only use them if I am expecting rain because I prefer my normal harness if it isn't raining

5.56mm
09-19-2015, 11:46 PM
Just bought an alaska guide creations bino pouch. Haven't used it in the field yet but build quality is top notch.

Jon

Skull Hunter
09-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Have both the lockdown and the kuiu.. I much prefer the kuiu, more comfortable and seems to protect the binos better.

North
09-20-2015, 04:36 PM
I have the kuiu and really like them. They are handy and one of my favorite pieces of Kuiu gear.

todbartell
09-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Been using the S4 Lockdown for 4 years. So far the best system I have used

Rhyno
09-20-2015, 05:54 PM
I have the kuiu and really like them. They are handy and one of my favorite pieces of Kuiu gear.
X 2! Comfy, convenient, no more bindos bouncing around.....I would buy them again if I ever lost mine.

~T-BONE~
09-20-2015, 06:09 PM
I use the crooked horn system.. Good for snow, leaves, dust etc.. But not rain. What's a good waster proof system out there besides a shower cap

North
09-20-2015, 06:17 PM
I use the crooked horn system.. Good for snow, leaves, dust etc.. But not rain. What's a good waster proof system out there besides a shower cap

The Kuiu bino harness that comes with a rain cover

Islanderr
09-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Badlands magnetic case. 100% Water proof and dust proof and fits great I love it, only down side is that there is a hydration pouch attached to the back of the harness. It Adds bulk so it is not the most comfortable when worn with a pack. But only comes along after a loooong day of hiking/walking with a heavy pack on do you start noticing an uncomfortable feeling. If you have no pack on, it's not a problem at all. And if you wear your pack for a half hour - hr walk to the tree stand it's also a non issue. Only long hikes/walks with a heavy pack do you notice the little bulge that is the hydration pouch that folds out. I highly recommend the badlands bino case, lifetime warranty on that to!!!!!

BiG Boar
09-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Badlands bino case. Love it. Also own just the cabelas straps, and the lockdown piece of junk. Magnetic case is tough to beat. Plus it holds my bino wipes, TP and a lighter. Cut of the hydration pouch thing.

SR80
09-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Alaska guide creations for me too. Didn't like the Kuiu, fhf is nice but a little noisey taking the binos out. Was out in the rain all day yesterday and my glass stayed dry as a bone. AGC is definitely worth taking a look at, and great guys to deal with

donny.brooke
09-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Just ordered up an AGC reg with basement. Looks like a great bino pack.

BRvalley
09-21-2015, 02:34 PM
tried a few and prefer the kuiu bino harness...only thing I didn't like was the straps connect to the bino's, not the easiest for passing back and forth...but very easy to rig it up so the shoulder straps hook onto the actual pack itself

Islanderr
09-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Badlands bino case. Love it. Also own just the cabelas straps, and the lockdown piece of junk. Magnetic case is tough to beat. Plus it holds my bino wipes, TP and a lighter. Cut of the hydration pouch thing.

Yeah I plan to cut my pouch off, pretty much pointless and the size of bladder that is meant to fit in it is tiny. Barely a few sips. Half the time you have day pack that's bladder compatible anyways... Also the stretchy strings that are used for attaching to your binoculars to prevent falling with a key ring type attachment are to short, and the key ring is a poor choice of attachment. I plan to mod mine by attaching to the already existing strings more elastic string, (cheap,home hardware) and a small quick attach/detach clip to quickly take in and out if needed. I usually mod all my equipment just to my likeing if I find it to have a design flaw. Fun stuff to do in the garage during the weekdays...

RiverRunner
09-21-2015, 10:54 PM
another for Alaska Guide Creations. Run the compact model. I think they named it the C.U.B. now.
works awesome….
before that I was using a S4 lockdown… glass got wet and dusty.

huntcoop
09-22-2015, 09:53 PM
That's what I'm wanting to avoid, rain and dust while riding the quad. Liking the look of the AGC, the Badlands look a little big and bulky although I do like the magnetic closure. Do the FHF completely cover the binos from the elements?

RiverRunner
09-22-2015, 10:46 PM
That's what I'm wanting to avoid, rain and dust while riding the quad. Liking the look of the AGC, the Badlands look a little big and bulky although I do like the magnetic closure. Do the FHF completely cover the binos from the elements?

No the FHF do not...

SR80
09-23-2015, 06:54 AM
On the fhf the top corners are open. Which would let the dust in. The flap basically folds over top of your binos. I find the pockets are more usable in the AGC as well.

mike-juliet
09-23-2015, 08:46 AM
Glad I found this thread, I was going to order the FHF pouch, I will check out the Alaska Guide creations version. Anyone use the Sitka pouch? A friend of mine picked one up recently and he raves about it, not sure how it compares to others though.

ajr5406
09-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Checked out the Badlands ones the other day - look good, but $$$.

Any recommendations for cheaper options?

Islanderr
09-23-2015, 11:00 PM
It really depends on use, if your not gettin down an dirty then there are cheap 20$ harness' but if your trudging through thick bush it's pissing out sideways or dusty as hell, A closed case design is what you should be after.

Heres what a quick Google search yielded. http://www.advancedhunter.com/best-binocular-harness-for-hunting/

also kuiu - fhf gear bino case and bino hub optic carry system. Badlands is the most expensive but also the Best one imo. As the saying goes you get what you pay for....if they're shit binos you dont got much love for then a harness should suffice - if they're expensive high quality ones, invest in a closed case. Good luck on your gear hunt

http://www.amazon.ca/Horn-Hunter-Bino-Optic-Standard/dp/B005CW5H40 - bino hub optic carry system, 80$ and free shipping from Amazon. On an American site with better pictures after a closer examination it appears to be a pretty nice bino case - do yourself a Google search and see for yourself - built in range finder spot with lanyard as well.

donny.brooke
09-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Got my AGC bino pack today. Regular with basement model in green ballistic cloth. Hands down the nicest bino pack i have used.

prconnection
01-15-2016, 09:43 PM
I have been looking for a bino pack for a few years now. Nothing that I looked at really got me excited. After reading what seemed like hundreds of reviews I splurged for the Alaskan Guide Creations. I bought the cub no basement with the hook and loop closure in krytek pattern. I received the pack last week. Very well constructed. Fits my swaro 10x42 el perfectly. The two side pouches are quite small so they don't hold much. The front pouch is great and the rear flat pouch s perfect for your licence. Over all I am super happy with it. This seasons hunting in the field will be the real test. The company are excellent to deal with. Fairly expensive with our exchange rate but hey everything about hunting isn't cheap!��

At at this point I would certainly recommend this product

okas
01-15-2016, 11:51 PM
i sew a pocket on my coat that fits them no strap and no covers it is just to easy and works