PDA

View Full Version : Firewood Permit?

Daybreak
09-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Just curious if anyone is printing off and carrying the provincial Free Firewood Cutting Permit while on extended stays in the bush? It can be found and printed here;

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dpg/

There are quite a few rules and guidelines in terms of cutting wood for personal use, most of which are common sense. Has anyone ever been queried by enforcement agents on this subject? Do you even require the permit if you are burning the wood on site and not hauling it home?

MichelD
09-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks. Printing now.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-19-2015, 01:38 PM
I cut my wood in the spring and always have a permit in my truck so I would be covered even when camping. Not 100% sure about burning on site....but I would certainly have the requirements to put out a fire(shovel and extinguisher). Never been asked but erring on the side of caution is a smart thing to do.

Grizzloonly
09-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Interesting, thanks. Never thought about it, but good info. All the trees I have cleared from ATV trails would be a lot of firewood. How many cubic meter in 1 cord [firewood]? The answer is 3.62 so 50 cubic meters is 13.79 cords. For personal use that is a lot of firewood.

Daybreak
09-19-2015, 02:00 PM
I cut my wood in the spring and always have a permit in my truck so I would be covered even when camping. Not 100% sure about burning on site....but I would certainly have the requirements to put out a fire(shovel and extinguisher). Never been asked but erring on the side of caution is a smart thing to do.

Good call. I'll put one in my truck too.

bighornbob
09-19-2015, 02:16 PM
I download and print the okanagan, kamloops and boundary regions and throw them in the truck. Then they are there in case I need one.

Daybreak
09-19-2015, 02:18 PM
I download and print the okanagan, kamloops and boundary regions and throw them in the truck. Then they are there in case I need one.

Interesting. So are you telling us that each district requires its own permit? One doesn't cover all?

J_T
09-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Yes sir. Print off a new one every year.

ruger#1
09-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Link Bob, Please do not be cheap.

rocksteady
09-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately it is a legal requirement and some NRO dudes are just looking to toss a coupon for $X dollars at you to increase their stats and job preservation.

get one, carry it, show it, be on your way...,

ruger#1
09-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately it is a legal requirement and some NRO dudes are just looking to toss a coupon for $X dollars at you to increase their stats and job preservation.

get one, carry it, show it, be on your way...,

My wood is private land. So they can stuff the coupons.

ruger#1
09-19-2015, 03:17 PM
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/search?id=2E4C7D6BCAA4470AAAD2DCADF662E6A0&q=AUTHORIZATION+TO+CUT+FIREWOOD+FOR+PERSONAL

rocksteady
09-19-2015, 03:40 PM
My wood is private land. So they can stuff the coupons.

Bur they may hassle you to prove that it came from private land...

ruger#1
09-19-2015, 03:41 PM
You might be right. I will have to take them there.

rocksteady
09-19-2015, 03:49 PM
You might be right. I will have to take them there.

Why go thru that hassle? Get a free permit and you won't have a problem... Sort of like a get-out-of-jail card without them being any wiser....

btw... I like Wiser's :)

ruger#1
09-19-2015, 03:53 PM
What, Not a Crown Royal Black. I will see if I can get a permit for here. I can not find one for the okanogan
Once I hit the Rock creek canyon bridge. I think it turns into the boundary district.

ruger#1
09-19-2015, 03:56 PM
I forgot. The Rock Creek fair is this weekend. I will get a firefighters tee when I hit Oliver in October.

bighornbob
09-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Interesting. So are you telling us that each district requires its own permit? One doesn't cover all?

Each district has its own permit. I live in the Thompson one and take wood to the folks in Kelowna which is in the penticton one or I think they changed it. I then get a boundary one as some clear its we may hunt are south of big white and not in the penticton district. Each one is slightly differnt like the boundary one you used to be able to cut cedar trees but not in the penticton one. I will provide links when I get to a desktop and off my phone.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Why go thru that hassle? Get a free permit and you won't have a problem... Sort of like a get-out-of-jail card without them being any wiser....

btw... I like Wiser's :)

i will send you some wisers if you promise to stop putting out fires. Deal?

ruger#1
09-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Each district has its own permit. I live in the Thompson one and take wood to the folks in Kelowna which is in the penticton one or I think they changed it. I then get a boundary one as some clear its we may hunt are south of big white and not in the penticton district. Each one is slightly differnt like the boundary one you used to be able to cut cedar trees but not in the penticton one. I will provide links when I get to a desktop and off my phone.
Thank You Bob. I need one for Boundry. I can not find one for the Fraser Valley north.

Everett
09-19-2015, 06:37 PM
A forestry officer stupid enough to ask for one will get beaten stupid in my neck of the woods.

gutpile
09-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Funny , i have been cutting firewood for 23 years with no permits and have had no problems !
not cutting down trees just old logs laying in the forrest floor .

rocksteady
09-19-2015, 07:42 PM
i will send you some wisers if you promise to stop putting out fires. Deal?

I I only put out the ones deemed necessary. I also light a shitload for ecosystem restoration and habitat improvement.

good fire versus bad fire...

rocksteady
09-19-2015, 07:44 PM
A forestry officer stupid enough to ask for one will get beaten stupid in my neck of the woods.

They have been doing it all summer, when they are not fining people for unpermitted docks on Tie and Rosen.

HarryToolips
09-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Ya I carry it on me when goin to get firewood, it's great that it's free...

2stroked
09-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Used to print one out for Quesnel, but can't find it now. Lots of permits for everywhere else. Does anyone have a link for Quesnel. All I can find is a phone number.

Thanks, Ross