PDA

View Full Version : Thurston FSR

eatmeathuntmoose
09-19-2015, 09:29 AM
To you 2 asshats that drove past my Sierra parked at the front of the trail on Thurston:
that means I got here early to beat Dumass road hunters like you. I hiked the hour down that trail to turn around at the end and see your 2 headlights pointing straight at me. When you see a truck parked like that at the front of a trail it means someone's already hunting down there and they don't need you driving down there in your piece of sh@t truck scaring everything away. You should of stuck around so I could've told you to go f$&!k yourselves in person. A$$holes.

ElectricDyck
09-19-2015, 09:39 AM
You don't own the roads..hunt near roads, see people, lots of non hunting outdoor enthusiasts in that area..

itsy bitsy xj
09-19-2015, 09:44 AM
So tell us how you really feel

Is this a FSR you where parked on? Did the other hunters know which direction you went? Could you of gone into the bush and not down the road? I'm just wondering if it was an honest mistake perhaps by a new hunter who didn't know any better

eatmeathuntmoose
09-19-2015, 09:46 AM
I didn't say I owned the roads. That's quite obvious. I was talking about hunter etiquette. These were also hunters wearing camo and blaze orange. I was just stating I was pissed off that I spent the time to hike down there only to have 2 other hunters ignore that fact and road hunt wear I was already hunting on foot.

rides bike to work
09-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Oh sorry that was me how'd you do we got a nice little spikes on our way out.

eatmeathuntmoose
09-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Maybe they were new hunters. Oh well. It's a busy area, I know that, that's why I got there early. It was just a little frustrating that's all.

honeyman76
09-19-2015, 09:59 AM
I have seen something like this posted before. Who is to say that they thought you saw a deer right there and didn't wander off in the bush from your truck? People are not mind readers. I see a lot of vehicles parked on roads and assume that they saw something and went on after it. I have seen a lot of deer give a crap about my truck. They generally could care less. Sometimes they do bolt. But so they also bolt if they hear or see somebody walking on a road. It freaks them out too. Why does nobody make a sign or something and leave it at your vehicle? It would prevent this from happening. Just a thought.

Wentrot
09-19-2015, 10:05 AM
It's just the way she goes unfortunately. Don't let it get to ya

GoatGuy
09-19-2015, 10:10 AM
If you are walking, driving, ATVing, riding, mountain biking, or crawling down a road you are road hunting.

If you are road hunting expect to see other people.

If you don't want to see other people get off the road.

Gr8 white hunter
09-19-2015, 10:14 AM
It doesn't matter where you go there will always be some ignorant assholes around people are all about me me me and piss on the next guy .

goatdancer
09-19-2015, 10:15 AM
I've seen vehicles go by and the deer will scoot off the road just far enough to be out of sight and then come back out a few minute after the vehicle is gone. Time to cool down and stick to hunting, never mind the " I was here first " crap.

MichelD
09-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Opening day in Region 2 there were two trucks that turned around when they saw us.

First one came up behind me as I was walking on a road at sunrise. Turned around.

My buddy came up behind me in the truck (late riser) passed me and shot a deer around the corner from me.

Another truck came up and turned around when they saw us gutting the deer.

curt
09-20-2015, 09:25 AM
unfortunately goat guy is bang on if you are on any type of drivable trail you are rd hunting whether you are in a vehicle or not and seeing other vehicles would be the norm sad but true

.330 Dakota
09-20-2015, 09:28 AM
I see a truck and I presume the guy has hiked "left or right" up off the road,,,if its a little quad trail thats different and I would agree,,,but a road?? not so much

ryanb
09-20-2015, 10:13 AM
If you don't want to see a truck, don't hunt on a road. What an ignorant post.

Good2bCanadian
09-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Good luck hunting up there with the quads, hikers, 4x4s, dirtbikers, nature lovers, other hunters etc etc etc

Goose
09-20-2015, 10:59 AM
The nerve of people driving fsr's. I really hate it when Im driving down the middle of the road on my quad and a logging truck comes along and wants to use my road. I shake my fist vigorously, sometimes throw my hat very hard on the ground and kick dirt. Its helps

honeyman76
09-20-2015, 11:13 AM
The nerve of people driving fsr's. I really hate it when Im driving down the middle of the road on my quad and a logging truck comes along and wants to use my road. I shake my fist vigorously, sometimes throw my hat very hard on the ground and kick dirt. Its helps

hahahahahahha. I got a good laugh on that one. I have an island friend that would probably word it exactly lol

Fella
09-20-2015, 11:54 AM
To you 2 asshats that drove past my Sierra parked at the front of the trail on Thurston:
that means I got here early to beat Dumass road hunters like you. I hiked the hour down that trail to turn around at the end and see your 2 headlights pointing straight at me. When you see a truck parked like that at the front of a trail it means someone's already hunting down there and they don't need you driving down there in your piece of sh@t truck scaring everything away. You should of stuck around so I could've told you to go f$&!k yourselves in person. A$$holes.
I don't get it. You hiked a trail but were mad that people were driving up the road nearby?

Whonnock Boy
09-20-2015, 12:02 PM
As others have said, if you don't want to see vehicles, time to hit the trees.

scoutlt1
09-20-2015, 12:16 PM
I don't get it. You hiked a trail but were mad that people were driving up the road nearby?

I don't really understand either.
You parked at a "trailhead"? or at the start of a road/trail? They drove down "your" road?

Regardless....yes it can be frustrating....but as many have stated. If you walk a road or trail, know that there's a good chance you'll get passed by a truck or quad. Just the way it is.

If ya don't want that to happen, take a hard right or left away from that road or trail.

BushBuck
09-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Avoidable situation..... Get some HILL under your boots, hunt animals others aren't.

270ruger
09-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Why does everyone think they own the road?How much distance would you walk in a day 5km,so if a logging road is 60km long it's yours exclusively to hunt?You see hunters in region 8"claiming hundreds of square kms as their hunting area" and blocking access to all other fsr so no one spooks "their" game.If I see a truck on a shorter fsr will turn around same with a trail but a main fsr which gives me access to other fsr I'm going down it,that's why it's called a public road.

Salty
09-20-2015, 06:37 PM
http://www.gianteagle.com/ProductImages/PRODUCT_NODE_917/36000030501.jpg

ryanonthevedder
09-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Got passed up that way by a red crew cab f150 heading out, and 15 minutes later he came roaring back the other way in full pit lamp regalia. Road hunt level: extreme! This is what the Chwk River valley has become, a 24h gongshow. Oh and its salmon season now so that will bring some gems out of the woodwork too..... I heard the hunting is way better .... uh... in Merritt! ya Merritt is a good spot, go there.

Marlowethelazydog
09-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Why does everyone think they own the road?How much distance would you walk in a day 5km,so if a logging road is 60km long it's yours exclusively to hunt?You see hunters in region 8"claiming hundreds of square kms as their hunting area" and blocking access to all other fsr so no one spooks "their" game.If I see a truck on a shorter fsr will turn around same with a trail but a main fsr which gives me access to other fsr I'm going down it,that's why it's called a public road.

Region 8 is bad for this, just ask a certain S. Okanagan guide who thinks he owns crown land.

Any how, parking on a road doesn't make it yours.

solo
09-20-2015, 11:36 PM
That road sees more traffic during hunting season weekends than a lot of this province's paved roads. Hunters, hikers, fishermen, mushroom pickers, bird watchers, 4x4 clubs, you name it.

Jelvis
09-21-2015, 12:34 AM
" Stay Off MY Mountain!"
Jelly ( Sure Shot) Billings

BiG Boar
09-21-2015, 06:43 AM
To you guys that drove past this asshats Sierra parked across the front of the trail on Thurston:
that means I got here early and like a dumbass, walked down a public road expecting to see no one. Like an idiot I hiked the hour down that trail to turn around at the end and see your 2 headlights pointing straight at me. When you see a truck parked like that (blocking the road like a jackass) at the front of a trail it means someone's already hunting down there that thinks they own the road. I wish you had slashed my tires and taught me a lesson. Listen, I already own a really high end vehicle, its a Sierra, no big deal, I don't need you driving down my road, (Its private land in my mind) in your smart choice of road hunting truck (I am afraid of getting scratches on my truck.) scaring everything away. You should of stuck around to give my sorry as a ride up that hill. Now I posted exactly where I hunt for 10,000 hunters to see, and I've ruined the spot for everyone, like an Assho13.

There, I've edited your post to how the rest of us are reading it.

rides bike to work
09-21-2015, 06:49 AM
"I like to park in handi cap places and watch handy cap people make handy cap faces.

im an a$$ hole "

Denis Leary

RackStar
09-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Maybe just stay away from chilliwack, every douche bag is up there shootin propane tanks and drinkin beer and riding dirtbikes

Stew
09-21-2015, 08:13 AM
What did u expect?
One of the closest spots to LML, where I would think 1/3 of the members on HBC reside.
Go to 7b, you'll likely see fewer people.

Rayne
09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
This is epic

honeyman76
09-21-2015, 12:39 PM
A great read.LMAO many times over now lol. :-P

270ruger
09-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Just wish he would post this with his elk hunting road instead!

J_T
09-21-2015, 01:53 PM
I do generally appreciate the hunter ethic of hunters in the EK. For the most part - not always, but most of the time - if a vehicle comes in on a road second, upon discovering the first user, they will turn around and find somewhere else to go.

I really don't find it reasonable to say, if you want to be alone, get off the road. On backcountry roads, wildlife use these roads as travel corridors. And hunters hunt, where game is. The two often coincide. Sure, we can all be alone under some tree a long ways from a road, but that's not the point, the point is -when we find game, or know of game's existence - to have the time to put a strategy together to overcome the odds against you harvesting an animal. It isn't about being alone. You hunt, where game is, not so you can be alone in the bush.

wideopenthrottle
09-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Just wish he would post this with his elk hunting road instead!

yes good idea...use google earth and facebook to post coordinates of your hunt so every one will stay away...heheheh

Barracuda
09-21-2015, 03:56 PM
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by eatmeathuntmoose http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1685745#post1685745) To you guys that drove past this asshats Sierra parked across the front of the trail on Thurston:
that means I got here early and like a dumbass, walked down a public road expecting to see no one. Like an idiot I hiked the hour down that trail to turn around at the end and see your 2 headlights pointing straight at me. When you see a truck parked like that (blocking the road like a jackass) at the front of a trail it means someone's already hunting down there that thinks they own the road. I wish you had slashed my tires and taught me a lesson. Listen, I already own a really high end vehicle, its a Sierra, no big deal, I don't need you driving down my road, (Its private land in my mind) in your smart choice of road hunting truck (I am afraid of getting scratches on my truck.) scaring everything away. You should of stuck around to give my sorry as a ride up that hill. Now I posted exactly where I hunt for 10,000 hunters to see, and I've ruined the spot for everyone, like an Assho13. .

There, I've edited your post to how the rest of us are reading it.

Pure Awesome :lol: