PDA

View Full Version : Eagle poaching charged dropped

Wentrot
09-19-2015, 06:50 AM
Might have been posted already. Not sure

http://www.agassizharrisonobserver.com/news/328151761.html?mobile=true

Coachman
09-19-2015, 07:10 AM
Its ok to kill 50 Eagles for their feathers, but FN want justice when an NHL player shoots Cheeky the bear?

mattmckay
09-19-2015, 07:33 AM
And it's illegal for us to possess a dropped feather...

adriaticum
09-19-2015, 07:50 AM
It's beautiful.
9 years the courts have spent money on this.
Then the officer was stealing
Then he will get money for ptsd.
And the case dropped
Just typical and.

Drillbit
09-19-2015, 09:01 AM
And it's illegal for us to possess a dropped feather...

Really? I've never heard of that one?

xandra
09-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Really? I've never heard of that one?

Yes. I volunteered at a wildlife rehab society and we were not allowed to keep any raptor feathers.

dougan
09-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Make matters worse the white native man"barf" wants compansatio and an apology.argo f$$$ yourself I say.

ACB
09-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Yes. I volunteered at a wildlife rehab society and we were not allowed to keep any raptor feathers.
O WRONGO O REHAB BREATH. You can get permits from Min. of ENV. for most raptors, the whole bird as long as they weren't shot and died from vehicle collisions, window impacts, power line mishaps, or of natural causes; ie starved to death, old age.But no bald eagles or golden, thats all for the FN's. To get a permit you have to make a application through the Min. Env. where it will be inspected to make sure it wasn't shot and what species and sex it is. After it's deemed that the nature of it's death is on the up an up you can get a temporary permit for possession while your permit application is processed. After your application has been excepted and you'v payed the permit fee, you get your permit and can take the bird to a taxidermist and have it mounted. As for as your Wildlife Rehab Society not allowing the keeping of feathers of raptors would maybe question the motive of volunteer's.

Fisher-Dude
09-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Of course. People who volunteer their own time and money for worthwhile causes always have ulterior motives. :roll:

The fact that this case was dropped is mostly indicative of the bullshit caused by PET's granting natives the right to be, largely, lawless. So many respect it, and a few are chronic abusers of it.

I'd like to see the band dole out justice, since there's little that the "white man's" court will do.

goatdancer
09-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Of course. People who volunteer their own time and money for worthwhile causes always have ulterior motives. :roll:

The fact that this case was dropped is mostly indicative of the bullshit caused by PET's granting natives the right to be, largely, lawless. So many respect it, and a few are chronic abusers of it.

I'd like to see the band dole out justice, since there's little that the "white man's" court will do.

It's time to live up to the "keepers of the land" motto.

finngun
09-19-2015, 11:02 AM
no suprises,,what about many years back 6 killed elk,,and left rotten on vanc island port alberni?no takers? :sad:
who are second class citicens? FN or white man?

huntcoop
09-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Could you imagine if a white guy shot an eagle and got caught! The few sober tribe stewards would want his balls for a ceremonial shaker.

Pathetic really.

Wentrot
09-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Could you imagine if a white guy shot an eagle and got caught! The few sober tribe stewards would want his balls for a ceremonial shaker.

Pathetic really.

Bingo. .........

Caribou_lou
09-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Got an eagle the other day... At 100 yards. Made it look easy. Ball rolled right in the hole. 2nd shot, par 4.

edgar11
10-08-2015, 03:50 PM
I guess very few of you read the whole article and missed the part where it reads "Perhaps the big story is really how the conservation service put out false publicity about First Nations trafficking and poaching eagles. It never happened."You were all too busy reading with your bigot glasses on I guess. You also missed the part where the actual person conducting "illegal activities" was the Conservation Officer. You guys are so obvious! :-D

Shooter
10-08-2015, 04:00 PM
That was his lawyer that said that. Of course he would.

IslandBC
10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
If I read that correctly . It took 9 years and 43 days too figure this out ?? I wouldn't mind practicing this ceremonial dance , can I get a permit to shoot an eagle??? Sarcasm

Ride Red
10-08-2015, 04:20 PM
It's time to live up to the "keepers of the land" motto.

They already do; they keep everything they can get their hands on!!!

caddisguy
10-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Sweet. I have a nice bull moose on one of my Region 2 cams. Sounds like it's fair game!!

Bugle M In
10-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Not surprised, yet sadly and angrily disappointed....yet again.
The system won't be fair until we all have to follow the same rules.....not special exceptions for certain users.
For Christ's sake, we are in the 21st century...aren't we???
All I know is...if I loose my right to hunt one day.....you can bet your ass, that I will be supporting the fight that no one can hunt...
First Nations included!!!!!.....and I hope there are a few "Chiefs" reading this....
Wanting the Grizz hunt to stop....for tourists dollars instead...BS!!!
And when no one is looking, they shoot the bears themselves....
People are people....all the same...
Throw money in the Equation, and the majority get greedy....
It doesn't matter what color you are, it just matters who you know, or how to find the loop holes.
Get rid of the ancestral rights, and now we are all the same...and all fall in the same laws....until than...
this S*** will be the norm, and will continue to get away with it.

I can't wait til the next time I catch some, hunting in their pickups, with bed mattresses on the their roof of the cab, guns loaded, 3 guys standing
in the box, and call it their Heritage!!...and I forgot the Spotlights.!!!

That will be on YouTube next time...count on it!!!

edgar11
10-08-2015, 08:22 PM
They already do; they keep everything they can get their hands on!!!

Haha too funny! Have you seen the movie lone ranger? Who has a hard on for Silver,Gold, Oil or whatever they can get their hands on? We have a word in our language which described the first settlers, which translates to "always hungry". You figure out why that is. :mrgreen:

edgar11
10-08-2015, 08:24 PM

Pathetic really.

Are you talkin bout those fellers who dance around an open fire with red skin and feathers stickin outa their heads? Bahaha!!!!! What are you two? :D

edgar11
10-08-2015, 08:28 PM
That was his lawyer that said that. Of course he would.

Even the more reason to believe his statement. He is not going to present false information. That would be detrimental to his reputation. What do you say about the idiot conservation officer who WAS charged for illegal activities. Did you forget about him? Wow.

huntcoop
10-08-2015, 10:14 PM
All the BS aside, those friggin indians got away with killing 50 eagles :roll: absolutely pathetic, stewards of the land my ass.

edgar11
10-13-2015, 08:02 PM
All the BS aside, those friggin indians got away with killing 50 eagles :roll: absolutely pathetic, stewards of the land my ass.

Yeah because the charges were dropped so YOU have convicted them anyway right? AND.... because a couple of these guys represent ALL of the FN's in Canada right? Such narrow minded people on this forum just boggles my mind. :shock: