PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy these

Wagonmaster
09-18-2015, 07:09 PM
On my second pair of Bushnell Ultra HD binoculars. I had a problem with some damage to my first pair which I sent in to have repaired. The repair department was good to deal with and fairly prompt. I asked if they could look at the twist up/ twist down eyecups as they didn't stay up once turned. I ended up with a new pair and they have the same problem, so I can only assume that is the way they are. Very annoying to be walking through the woods and every time you bring the binos up to look through, an eyecup has turned back down on its own and is now out of focus. Probably touching my chest at some point, but they should twist up and then snap or click into position and stay there while they are in use. Just thought I'd pass this along. Their adds say that if one is not happy with their product they will buy it back. I may do that.

ACB
09-18-2015, 08:23 PM
On my second pair of Bushnell Ultra HD binoculars. I had a problem with some damage to my first pair which I sent in to have repaired. The repair department was good to deal with and fairly prompt. I asked if they could look at the twist up/ twist down eyecups as they didn't stay up once turned. I ended up with a new pair and they have the same problem, so I can only assume that is the way they are. Very annoying to be walking through the woods and every time you bring the binos up to look through, an eyecup has turned back down on its own and is now out of focus. Probably touching my chest at some point, but they should twist up and then snap or click into position and stay there while they are in use. Just thought I'd pass this along. Their adds say that if one is not happy with their product they will buy it back. I may do that.
Once bit twice shy?

Coachman
09-18-2015, 09:09 PM
I have NEVER had good luck with Bushnell products. Had two scopes and two binos over the years. My brother just had a fail with a new Bushnell AR scope that wouldn't hold zero.

If im on a budget, vortex gets my money.

Dre
09-18-2015, 10:02 PM
I had the eye cup problem after about a year of using my Ultra HD 8x42. Sent it in, they fixed, lubed and adjusted, all good. After another season, diopter adjustment broke. Sent them in, they fixed, lubed adjusted, all good. Service was good, but it cost $17 to send them and $10 to get them back, so it was adding up and in a couple of more years, the price would be up there with the better optics. I put them away as spares and bought some Vortex Viper HDs, so far I'm very happy with them.

Lozzie
09-18-2015, 10:09 PM
I've had the camo version of these for years now. I had an issue with the diopter breaking in the first few months. I had them sent back and I had new bios in my hands in less than a month. Never had an issue with the eye cups? All in all I must have been lucky binos are good for the money and service was also good.

Wagonmaster
09-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Interesting. The first time I sent mine in was because the diopter ring broke. I'm not optimistic that my present ones are going to last.

swampthing
09-19-2015, 02:07 PM
I have zeiss that do the same thing with the eye cups. Looks kinda funny having a set of zeiss around your neck with black tape on them looking like its holding them together. I had a pair of bushnell made browning binos and they had awesome solid click adjustments. Never moved on me.