PDA

View Full Version : Found Back Pack - Hope BC Area

coyotejoe
09-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Hey - I did not find this. But a man posted it on the FACEBOOK page - B.C. Gun Trader site... thought i would share...

Found a camo back pack up Sowaqua forest service rd outside of hope. Being dropped off at Langley RCMP today.
" Very important" medical supplies and some knives, ammo and pills with in. Was in a slash at least from sept 9th to the 11th untouched. Pm me if it's yours and i will give you the rcmp file number to retrieve it. Thanks. Please share this.

fuzzy 63
09-14-2015, 07:33 PM
good for you yotejoe . karma will reward you . i have found wallets ,fishing skiing and under a wharf at the boat launch .The one skiing was in 81 when I worked for blackcomb mountain. will never forget it .was skiing the trees and fell over and put my hand right on it while retrieving my pole . there was 8 grand cash in it and some travelers checks worth around 12oo $ . never for a second did I think of keeping any of it . I turned it over to the manager of the mountain and they called the police to report the find . my name was involved in the report and two days later my boss asked me to come to the cash register at the restaurant . there was a middle aged Japanese tourist standing there and when I arrived he held out his hand to shake mine and thank me for my honesty and integrity . he bowed to me and said that I will carry my life with pride and honor . he thanked me again and continued on with his vacation . the feeling is still with me to this day . honesty is truly the best policy

Jagermeister
09-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Could it linked to this?

missing person/hunter

dave robinson
56 year old diabetic
5'11" tall
hefty build
he is driving a black 2004(I think) 3500 dodge quad single cab cab diesel long box.
he has his rottweiller with him probably in a white kennel dog answers to cash.
left surrey around 130 Friday to go to quesnel to my buddies place to go hunting has not arrived yet .
he didn't plan on stopping anywhere along the way and has done this trip often.
we spent 7hrs checking ditches and drop offs on the sides of the highway going up and down the canyon today.
would appreciate it if anybody travelling in the area(highway or service roads between hope and quesnel) could keep their eyes peeled and let me know if you see anything.
this is very out of character for dave as he is a point a to point b type of person.
any and all help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?120936-missing-person-hunter

The Dawg
09-14-2015, 08:11 PM
The backpack has already been returned to the owner. Thanks!

tuner
09-14-2015, 08:27 PM
good for you yotejoe . karma will reward you . i have found wallets ,fishing skiing and under a wharf at the boat launch .The one skiing was in 81 when I worked for blackcomb mountain. will never forget it .was skiing the trees and fell over and put my hand right on it while retrieving my pole . there was 8 grand cash in it and some travelers checks worth around 12oo $ . never for a second did I think of keeping any of it . I turned it over to the manager of the mountain and they called the police to report the find . my name was involved in the report and two days later my boss asked me to come to the cash register at the restaurant . there was a middle aged Japanese tourist standing there and when I arrived he held out his hand to shake mine and thank me for my honesty and integrity . he bowed to me and said that I will carry my life with pride and honor . he thanked me again and continued on with his vacation . the feeling is still with me to this day . honesty is truly the best policy
That's wonderful story on so many levels,glad to have read it.

sparkes3
09-14-2015, 09:28 PM
I thought the same as jager as soon as I saw the post but it has been returned to owner

itsy bitsy xj
09-14-2015, 09:35 PM
I"ve had to great road finds in the last year

1) I came on to hwy1 east bound at 1st ave Van. I look down and laying on the shoulder is a mans wallet. I pull over pick it and the cards that fell out up.I look at the address and it down near Queensbour bridge in NW. (long way out of my way heading to Langley in rush hour) but off I go. When I get to the house its got a big gate and I cant get in. So I left a note with my number and the guy called the next day and came to Langley to get it. He ask where I found it and if I found his credit cards (i didn't only id stuff) he open the wallet andsaw his $5 was still there thanked me and handed me a $100. I told him he didnt need to but said he wanted to . Ok thank you IO said.

2)I was heading to Richmond on Hwy 17 when I came across 2 kayaks at the sit of the road with a broken roof rack. I wasn't able to stop so I had to do a Uturn under the Port Mann then go all the way back to 176 and do another then back to the boats. I loaded them up and then that night I put a very vague craigslist add. a couple of days later the owner emailed me with the discription, road they where on, colour, time of day... enough to make me sure that it was her boats. When they came to pick them up they had the rest of the broken roof rack too.

Clint_S
09-15-2015, 07:19 AM
I really feel encouraged when I read and hear of things being found and returned.

It is easy to loose faith in humans when it seems anything that isn't nailed down and some that are grow a set of legs.