PDA

View Full Version : Wolf bounty

JonSchaefer
09-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Hey does anyone know if the cattlemans association is paying a bounty for wolves in the Prince George area or if anyone is. If so who do we get ahold of thanks

The Dawg
09-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Not as far as I know- it was ruined by a few people falsely 'claiming' the same wolf from out of the areas.

tomcat
09-13-2015, 04:57 PM
As far as I am aware there is no formal bounty on wolves. There is an incentive program sponsored by a number of organizations, cattlemen included, encouraging trappers to harvest more wolves. You have to be a trapper and member of the trappers association to participated in the program.

Drillbit
09-13-2015, 08:17 PM
I get the odd wolf and have never been able to get any bounty $ once I have one dead on the ground.

Lots of talk about it, and there was the odd payout here and there in different times and areas, but I've never been able to cash in.

The Dawg
09-13-2015, 08:40 PM
There was one 2 years ago in the peace.

You had to be a trapper and take it on a cattlemans association members ranch

the rancher had to claim it for you

problems arose when "trappers" were getting wolves shot out of the area by their buddies, and falsely claiming them.

Few a-holes ruined it for all

steveo
09-14-2015, 09:29 AM
I get the odd wolf and have never been able to get any bounty $ once I have one dead on the ground.

Lots of talk about it, and there was the odd payout here and there in different times and areas, but I've never been able to cash in.
Did you shoot it with a rifle or trap it. I have heard even if you trap it people were getting the run around trying to get any funds.

weatherbyjunkie
09-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Bounty or not,shoot as many of the vermin as u can :cool:

Drillbit
09-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Did you shoot it with a rifle or trap it. I have heard even if you trap it people were getting the run around trying to get any funds.

All were shot. Never got the run around, just every lead I tried said no bounty. Region 5.

The Dawg
09-14-2015, 08:09 PM
All were shot. Never got the run around, just every lead I tried said no bounty. Region 5.

Hasnt been one in 5 that I know of- yet anyways

RackStar
09-19-2015, 07:46 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/miley-cyrus-against-b-c-wolf-cull-1.3221226

shake..my...head...