PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Gun Dog Supply

Superdeuce
09-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Anybody know if they are still in business? Website is still up but can't complete online order, no reply to email or phone message. Last update to their Facebook and Twitter pages was Feb 1st.

labguy
09-13-2015, 07:37 AM
Not sure but these people are out of Ontario and provide a good selection of products. Their service is good too.

http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com

lorneparker1
09-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Canadian gun dog supply is worst company ever> take forever to ship things and the communication is brutal.

OrganicThoughts
09-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Canadian gun dog supply is worst company ever> take forever to ship things and the communication is brutal.

I second lorneparker1's statement.

The American version gundogsupply.com is awesome though

kinderdoggin
09-14-2015, 10:21 AM
x2 on the suggestion for Dakota Creek. Great service.

BRvalley
09-14-2015, 11:12 AM

x2

and x2 on the gundogsupply.com, was happy with my purchases and shipping time

labguy
09-14-2015, 01:53 PM
x2

and x2 on the gundogsupply.com, was happy with my purchases and shipping time

Remember that Gun Dog Supply purchases are paid for in US dollars. Add 30% to your purchase right off the top in foreign exchange plus UPS shipping charges.

UPS ( United Parcel Service) , in addition to regular shipping charges, stick Canadian buyers with a little thing called.....wait for it......." Brokerage Fees" which is a euphemism for robbing you blind for doing sweet nothing. In many cases the Brokerage Fee amounts to an additional 20 to 40 percent of the value of your purchase.

Dakota Creek will have most of what you can buy at Gundog Supply at a lower final cost.

BRvalley
09-14-2015, 02:51 PM
they shipped USPS and avoided the brokerage fees if I remember right...I know the exchange rate and sometimes brokerage sucks, but on smaller ticket items, sometimes it's just nice to have it in your hands fast, worth a few extra bucks for me

but I will check out the Dakota website next time I need stuff...you'd think it'd be easier to find dog supplies in Canada...WSS, Cabelas and most other local stores only carry a small crappy selection

LabBoy
12-28-2015, 05:53 PM
I had a terrible experience with Cdn Gun Dog Supply out of Ontario. Eventually had to go thru MasterCard to recover the funds debited to my credit card for goods that were never shipped. Communication, telephone and e-mail, with the company ranged from poor to nonexistant.

Dog_River
12-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Thanks for this I know I wont be doing any business with them

Dog_River

I had a terrible experience with Cdn Gun Dog Supply out of Ontario. Eventually had to go thru MasterCard to recover the funds debited to my credit card for goods that were never shipped. Communication, telephone and e-mail, with the company ranged from poor to nonexistant.