PDA

View Full Version : Spooky Whitetails Question.....

HarryToolips
09-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Was out last night for a couple hours, saw a WT doe, watched it for awhile, waiting in hope that a buck would step out..then very last bit of light was leaving so I decided to go, she caught a glimpse of me, and proceeded to watch me for a while..I was hoping to leave without alarming her, but that didn't work...while heading out of my spot, which was about a 1 km hike from my vehicle, I spooked up two more, but it was too dark to see any signs of antler...but they were definitely spooked by my presence...wheeze snorting at me a few times as I hiked out..and I hiked through their fresh beds..

My question is, should I go back to that area tomorrow, or is that too soon after spookin em??? Seems like a good area (just found it two weeks ago hikin around), but I got other areas that have been productive the last couple years..havin a tough time making up my mind:D..

Jagermeister
09-11-2015, 03:01 PM
White tail are small territory deer. Their home range is approximately 1 sq. mile. If you bird dog white tail as I have done in earlier days, you would find that they circle the wagon better than injuns. So, if you spooked them, no big deal, they will be someplace close at hand. Pattern them is the key to success, but that is not guaranteed.
Mule deer on the other hand booked it for the next ridge over the next ridge.

358mag
09-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Harry
Just place a Thomas Mulcair election sign were you last seen her , don't think it would be classified baiting . Should be a easy target .:p:p:p

knighthunter
09-11-2015, 03:22 PM
They should be close by. They forget all about you shortly after being spooked like that.

goatdancer
09-11-2015, 04:30 PM
A few years ago I shot a WT doe (LEH back then), walked less than 100 yds back to my truck. Drove the truck to within 15 yds of the downed doe and a small 4 pt WT buck was there looking for his girlfriend. He hadn't hightailed into the next MU like some people expect.

AlexPdHJ
09-11-2015, 04:51 PM
I went back to the spot where I field dressed my first WT buck the next day after it snowed that night only to see fresh track all over the game trail right where I took him. The deer were clearly not spooked out of the area.

HarryToolips
09-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Wicked, thanks guys...

HarryToolips
09-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Harry
Just place a Thomas Mulcair election sign were you last seen her , don't think it would be classified baiting . Should be a easy target .:p:p:p
LOL with that ugly mug on the sign forget it, that would scare em all the way to the next M.U....

Glenny
09-11-2015, 05:19 PM
They will be there in the same spot tomorrow i'm sure.