PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Season is Here...

Gone_Fishin_
09-11-2015, 08:14 AM
Talking with a buddy last night who went out for opening rifle in region 2. His day;

Up around 3:45am, coffee in hand fire the truck up. After going through gear for hours the night before finally got it all loaded up and on the road.

First location at about 5:00. Fumble around for everything and 2 km hike into the dark headed to where we encountered numerous bucks only a month ago. With a spot already picked out he settled in for the morning sit. Come 9:45am nothing so far but a numb butt and needing a good stretch. Decided to go for a hike around and see if he could bump something or find some deer bedded down. After about a few good kms he decided to head back and hit up another location we've found some deer before in the timber.

Another 20 km up an FSR and hes at the spot. Load up once again and prepare for a good 4-5km hike just to reach some lower alpine with more open timber. After 5 hours of hiking around and only seeing a few grouse decided to head back to the truck and call it a day.

Heading home he realized he still had a good hour or 2 of light so went ripping up a local mountain and off for another hike through timber until dark. Come last light he was done, still an hour to get out, half hour back down and half hour home.

Spoke with him around 10:30 last night and he was just getting in the door, hasnt had dinner yet, needs a serious shower, legs are sore, back is sore, burnt right out and ready for bed.

As i was saying i cant wait for the weekend, yea season is here budday !! he lets out a sigh and says im having a shower and going to bed, burnt out and done didn't see a single thing today, yep.. hunting season is here alright... lol

caddisguy
09-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Sounds like an awesome day for him. I'm heading out tonight, hoping to catch a glimpse of our 5X5 BT. By Sunday, I'll be sore, bruised, scratched, mosquito bitten, stupid tired and in all likely hood, empty handed. Can't freakin wait!! :)