PDA

View Full Version : Rock Creek Fire

Faw
09-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Does anyone have any experience hunting the season after a wildfire? My understanding is that the Christian Valley is a hot bed for deer activity, but because the fire ripped through part of there my thinking is that some deer must have taken off and gone somewhere else. Maybe to Penticton lol.

GoatGuy
09-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Fire barely made it to westbridge christian valley will be fine

Faw
09-10-2015, 10:34 PM
oh ok. I probably read some glamorized report. Still though, I would think that would push the deer somewhere.

elkrub
09-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Hey guys, does anyone have a map of the fire area around Rock creek?

russm86
09-11-2015, 08:33 AM
Burned out areas can be great for hunting especially if there is enough time and rain to get the new lush green grass/plant shoots sprouting up. I have hunted in burn areas a fair bit when they start to green up again though I have seen many animals in even fresh burns that look completely barren.

sausage lover
09-11-2015, 09:40 AM
I drove through rock creek and lots of burned area near town but drive 10mins and there is lots of huntable area. Also saw white tails hangin around eating peoples lawns lol! I'm working in castlegar and the terrain is awsome,lots of places to hunt.

wideopenthrottle
09-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Burned out areas can be great for hunting especially if there is enough time and rain to get the new lush green grass/plant shoots sprouting up. I have hunted in burn areas a fair bit when they start to green up again though I have seen many animals in even fresh burns that look completely barren.

these will be awesome forage locations next spring

carnivore
09-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Avoid Christian valley! The smoke from the wildfire has driven out all of the game. You will be just wasting your time, all deer, elk and moose have migrated to region 3.;)

apieceofsky
10-08-2015, 10:57 AM
We were there last weekend and didn't see much

one-shot-wonder
10-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Still a bit early, another couple weeks and the heavy migration will be showing up. Lots of resident whitetails living year round in the valley. The tried, tested and true plan of getting of the roads and sitting needs to be exercised.