PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 40 Hinton to Cranbrook

Johnny G1
09-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Can anybody tell us what condition the Hwy 40 is in from Hinton to Cranbrook, friends leaving sat from Hinton and want to check out some hunting and fishing area's, travelling in trucks and camper's, any help would be apprieciated. Thanks.

Husky7mm
09-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Can anybody tell us what condition the Hwy 40 is in from Hinton to Cranbrook, friends leaving sat from Hinton and want to check out some hunting and fishing area's, travelling in trucks and camper's, any help would be apprieciated. Thanks.

Not really understanding the question. Hinton is in alberta and cranbrook is in BC a host is needed in advance of the hunt for either side. What side are they/you hunting on? The route is mostly through national parks.

Husky7mm
09-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Ah, now I see, the forestry trunk road is also called AB 40. It would be best to ask on the alberta forum as most of it is in Alberta.

Johnny G1
09-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Like I said they want to know what shape the road is, not likely going hunting this yr., Just traveling through.

riflebuilder
09-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Good in spots really rough in others. There are a couple of spots were the road is not marked well and they may take the wrong turn. Best to avoid it unless you have someone with knowledge of the road. Best to go to Jasper then down the ice field parkway and across to Radium and down to Cranbrook.

Johnny G1
09-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks but these old guys are set on going down hwy 40, they are old logger's and have seen some very nasty rds in their day's. They want to get all the way down to the crowsnest area and then home to Clearwater.

Husky7mm
09-09-2015, 08:52 PM
I say tell them to go for it, half the adventure is getting there, its a maintained road anyways. Always wanted to take that route.