PDA

View Full Version : Bears-5

Gateholio
04-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Saw 5 bears this morning, one a beauty chocolate coloured one that was just a shade too small to shoot (probably a 5'5" bear)

None of them were on the road, there isn't even much bear scat on the roads...TONNES of it in the swamps and river bottoms..

So, bears are definitely out and about in Pemberton!8-)

rollingrock
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Just curious if the big horn in this year's BCWF sticker....why it looks so familiar? :D

This morning should be good but I was working.

Gateholio
04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Just curious if the big horn in this year's BCWF sticker....why it looks so familiar? :D

The BCWF does indeed use a ram logo, but my avatar is a sketch I did of a ram...8-)

http://usera.imagecave.com/chef/Scan07-03-2211102.jpg

Mr. Dean
04-29-2007, 11:50 PM
We went out Sat. Still can't get into my secret spot due to snow. Hit a new area (mid day) that DEFINATELY needs some closer attention. Every third popular tree for the 3km that we hiked in, was all clawed up... Didn't have enough time to follow the trail to the bottom.

gary mok
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Saw 5 bears this morning, one a beauty chocolate coloured one that was just a shade too small to shoot (probably a 5'5" bear)

None of them were on the road, there isn't even much bear scat on the roads...TONNES of it in the swamps and river bottoms..

So, bears are definitely out and about in Pemberton!8-)hi gatehouse I am thinking to hunt bear on wed,any hints for me in pemberton if you can give me some detail,I will appreciate it,thanks a lot!!!:lol:

bruin
04-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Went out on saturday and ran into alot of people and one nice little chocolate bear, maybe a five footer. He let me get within 20 yards and never left, I even threw a rock at him and he didn't seem to care.? took a bit of video of him too

Gateholio
04-30-2007, 10:10 AM
hi gatehouse I am thinking to hunt bear on wed,any hints for me in pemberton if you can give me some detail,I will appreciate it,thanks a lot!!!:lol:

Any FSR around here should produce bears. Look for a food source (this time of year it means GREEN stuff, like grass or skunk cabbage. Drive a road until you see stuff like that, and then take a walk though the forest nearby, look for bear sign...

Edges of clear cuts may have bears in them during the day, and certainly the cuts will have bears in early morning and late afternoon.

If you can find an area that has good food source and good viewing area, sit down and glass it for 2-3 hours.

MB_Boy
04-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Clarke.....you could sip a cold beer and sit on the patio at the Gate and pop a blackie. Saw a little fella playing in the snow on Saturday right around "apres" time. He could not have been much more than a 200 yard shot from the patio.:lol: :lol: Just would have to thread the shot to avoid the tourists that were starting to crowd the little guy.

Gateholio
04-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Clarke.....you could sip a cold beer and sit on the patio at the Gate and pop a blackie. Saw a little fella playing in the snow on Saturday right around "apres" time. He could not have been much more than a 200 yard shot from the patio.:lol: :lol: Just would have to thread the shot to avoid the tourists that were starting to crowd the little guy.

So many times...I have been sitting on that patio, looked up and saw a bear..And the girls go "No, no, no...Stop even THINKING that!!":lol:

TPK
04-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I saw a nice cinnamon on Saturday while out doing a Deer count for MOE. Too small (maybe two - three year old) but a nice coat. Counted over 150 Deer bewteen 8:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M. by the way.

gary mok
04-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Any FSR around here should produce bears. Look for a food source (this time of year it means GREEN stuff, like grass or skunk cabbage. Drive a road until you see stuff like that, and then take a walk though the forest nearby, look for bear sign...

Edges of clear cuts may have bears in them during the day, and certainly the cuts will have bears in early morning and late afternoon.

If you can find an area that has good food source and good viewing area, sit down and glass it for 2-3 hours.Thanks Bud !!!I got it.:lol:

mr eagle
04-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I saw a small boar feeding at the bottom of a cut while fishing up past Squamish on Sunday, also saw what was either a bobcat or a lynx on the drive out.

One Shot
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Nice art work there Gatehouse it appears you have a talent. Let us see some more..