PDA

View Full Version : Can I target practice my crossbow on my property in Kelowna?

ScottyDoesIt
09-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Hey all, so I picked up a crossbow and I've been wanting to do some target shooting on my property. Is this legal to do in Kelowna? I'm in a yard with a 5 foot high fence and I'm shooting towards the backside of my property at a target on the hill, and the hill goes up a fair ways. No houses, anything or anyone that could get harmed.

Big Lew
09-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Go to your municipal hall and ask for their bylaws regarding
the shooting and target practicing of crossbows etc. They
will print out a copy for you. If it's similar to my municipality
it's illegal unless it meets certain criteria such as 2.2 acres,
not near buildings, and toward roads. The fines PER INCIDENT
can be very high.

Fred1
09-07-2015, 11:21 AM
I have done something like this. I used to shoot at a hill back drop. I once had a crossbow arrow deflect of my stand leg and wen sideways a real long way! Remember these things will go 500 yards! A misfired arrow can be a bad thing. I quit shooting arrows anywhere near houses. I use a big farmers field with a round bail. Sometimes you can ask a guy and he may let you shoot along his fence line.

ScottyDoesIt
09-07-2015, 11:34 AM
I probably won't bother then. Do some target shooting up in the bush and look what some local ranges are cost wise. Thanks for the replies!

goatdancer
09-07-2015, 05:58 PM
You can't even shoot a pellet gun in Kelowna.

itsy bitsy xj
09-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Where do you live Scotty?

HarryToolips
09-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Go to your municipal hall and ask for their bylaws regarding
the shooting and target practicing of crossbows etc. They
will print out a copy for you. If it's similar to my municipality
it's illegal unless it meets certain criteria such as 2.2 acres,
not near buildings, and toward roads. The fines PER INCIDENT
can be very high.
Exactly....

300H&H
09-07-2015, 10:58 PM
The bush is not that far away and it is open for archery deer here in the Kelowna area.