PDA

View Full Version : Peachland Scales Shooting Pit getting dirtier.

Junorr500
09-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Was up there shooting this evening. Took a industrial garbage bag full of shells and garbage out of there in 15 minutes of raking with a garden rake. If everyone did that it would clean up quick.

Anyone interested in a organized cleanup? Could probably take a couple truck loads of garbage out of there no problem.

May be to late this year as we are all busy with hunting season but this spring say April or May would work.

Only would take a couple hours with 10 or so people to do it.

If enough people are interested we can set a solid date for it.

adamgarbett
09-03-2015, 04:12 AM
I'm in. Me and some buddy's have done some lite cleanup while we were there in the past but a full scale get r done clean up wouldn't hurt for the "image" of us terrible gun shooting hunters!! ��������

Mishka
09-03-2015, 06:13 AM
I'll help out for sure.

HarryToolips
09-03-2015, 06:36 AM
That's a great idea there JunOrr....I even talked to a CO this summer who said they're starting to get pissed with all the garbage being left up there..

Junorr500
09-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Great response so far. How bout first weekend in April for a proper cleanup. Before Turkey and bear season starts. In the meantime we can all try and take out of there a bit more than we bring in. If we get enough people on board we can get local media involved and prepare a bit of letter explaining that it's generally not the hunters who are making the mess out there. The responsible hunters are the ones acting as custodians and caretakers of our outdoors.

wideopenthrottle
09-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Great response so far. How bout first weekend in April for a proper cleanup. Before Turkey and bear season starts. In the meantime we can all try and take out of there a bit more than we bring in. If we get enough people on board we can get local media involved and prepare a bit of letter explaining that it's generally not the hunters who are making the mess out there. The responsible hunters are the ones acting as custodians and caretakers of our outdoors.

good to have a bit of organized PR work on our (hunters) behalf...I like where you are going with this

Junorr500
09-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Anyone interested in starting a outline for the letter on this thread. I'm thinking short and sweet and to the point. Not a soap box political statement but more of a public awareness letter.

adamgarbett
09-03-2015, 04:45 PM
id have no problem with filling the box of my truck with crap every time i drive past if the dump would wave the charges to get rid of the stuff

Sofa King
09-03-2015, 06:03 PM

it's not?
are there that many shotgun owners out there that don't hunt?
pretty sure it is indeed hunters, or we wouldn't also find shells all over the bush roads where they've got a grouse or three.
it's also hunters who are shooting the signage in the bush.
like anything, there's bad as well as good.
i know i see timmys cups, etc tossed out onto the trails all through the hunting season and it's most surely hunters heading in hunting.
i don't think it will ever stop, some people are just that way.
all we can do is just what you are doing and try to balance the difference by being a responsible one and cleaning up after those that aren't.

i filled a whole garbage bag up during the season last year.
another group of hunters had gotten the spot i try to camp in.
after the weekend, passing by it on the way out, i pulled in and there was crap all over.
i did a clean-up and carried on.
I'm sure i'll be doing it again this year more than once.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-03-2015, 06:57 PM
They are turning Jackpine road into a pig pen as well.

HarryToolips
09-03-2015, 07:09 PM
They are turning Jackpine road into a pig pen as well.
yup its gross...there's gotta be a way we can nail people...

M.Dean
09-03-2015, 07:12 PM
"SOME" Hunters are PIG"S!!! And Yep, it's Hunters leaving "Some" of that mess of empty shells, beer cans all shot to hell, old TV's, I seen that one my self, and the list is endless of other types of junk that become targets! For Christ sakes man, I don't care if you take out plastic water bottles filled with water, or frozen milk jugs which blow up real good, or what ever, But pick up your mess before you leave!!! And we can scream and yell till were blue in the face, Again, on this subject, and some idiots will still leave there crap all over the place! Off with there trigger fingers I say!

Junorr500
09-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Ya..........There have been many of these threads that just end up being endless rants and debates. How bout some one start a rant thread and leave this one to a specific theme and goal. Someone else could spearhead a jack pine cleanup for example with its own thread.

fireguy
09-04-2015, 10:19 PM
The spot you are talking about is actually private property I do believe. Cleaning it up is a very good idea as it wouldn't take much to get the owner of the property upset enough to make sure nobody uses it. Earlier in the year there was a few small fires on that property which also brings negative attention to users. Not just campfires when people are there but fires burning in the grass and bark mulch with nobody there. There has been some illegal dumping of old furniture and you are right the mess left behind by some shooters is disgusting.