PDA

View Full Version : Tree stands on crown land or cabins

jedimaster
09-02-2015, 10:08 AM
I did a quick search couldn't find the info I was looking for. Are you allowed to build perm or season long tree stands on crown land? What about cabins? I see references of the use of existing cabins but I couldn't see any info on if you can build a cabin?

The Dawg
09-02-2015, 11:19 AM
I did a quick search couldn't find the info I was looking for. Are you allowed to build perm or season long tree stands on crown land? What about cabins? I see references of the use of existing cabins but I couldn't see any info on if you can build a cabin?

Short answer- No permanent structures area allowed on Crown land

jedimaster
09-02-2015, 12:42 PM
okie dokey Thanks

FourOhs
09-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Short answer- No permanent structures area allowed on Crown land
And what's the definition of "permanent"? My dad was famous for making "temporary" repairs around the house. Many of those last ten years or more. He's going to fix them permanently some day, he swears!

Billyisgr8
09-04-2015, 08:09 AM
If you live in the cabin you built on crown land, and claim you are with no birth certificate and are people of the land, you will be able to stay for atleast 2 years. How do I know? Cause there is a squatters cabin approx 600 sqft big by bowers lake with people living in it for 2 years now on crown land. Police, and conservation officers know and have spoken to these people, who know what their legal rights are, and are using them to their advantage. As of now nothing has been done to these people to kick them out and take down the cabin and this will probably drag on for many more years before it is taken down. GPS cord are here 51°39'0.58"N 120°41'35.26"W Stop in and ask them how they are able to do this for free with no tax to pay, they are pleasant to talk too

Boner
09-04-2015, 09:26 AM
I've seen a few tree stands over the years. I'd build one on crown and keep it quiet. I wouldn't leave a nice ladder right beside it though.

dougal
09-04-2015, 02:55 PM
I know of some people who talked about building a cabin out the far back country. They talked to the foresty people and to several other government agencies before they invested there time and were told if they happened to possibly do something of that nature it would have to be left without locks or barriers from others using it "so as it could be an emergency shelter for lost hikers ect" They go way way far out past the usual point of hiking and camping into thick bush and were told very specifically not to cut any trees in its construction and to have it in such a way as to not interfere with any water ways or public access areas. I have no idea the actual legalitys on building a permanent or semi permenent structure out on crown land but as long as it's not damaging anything or putting possible loggers in danger of being spiked tree attacked would be my only thoughts. Nails in a tree out past regular foot traffic could be a nasty surprise in 15 years when the stand has rotted away.

Billyisgr8
09-23-2015, 10:45 AM
If you live in the cabin you built on crown land, and claim you are with no birth certificate and are people of the land, you will be able to stay for atleast 2 years. How do I know? Cause there is a squatters cabin approx 600 sqft big by bowers lake with people living in it for 2 years now on crown land. Police, and conservation officers know and have spoken to these people, who know what their legal rights are, and are using them to their advantage. As of now nothing has been done to these people to kick them out and take down the cabin and this will probably drag on for many more years before it is taken down. GPS cord are here 51°39'0.58"N 120°41'35.26"W Stop in and ask them how they are able to do this for free with no tax to pay, they are pleasant to talk too

Cabin has been removed, and is no longer there as of Sept long weekend.

Coachman
09-23-2015, 11:01 AM
We built a cabin way deep in the woods a LONG time ago in reg 8. Used it for year until someone came and stole everything good from it, shot out the windows and blew holes in the roof.

adriaticum
09-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Well now that you mention it, you can't.

Bugle M In
09-23-2015, 12:39 PM
never thought about using gps coordinates....
There is one shack I know of that shouldn't be up in the cache creek area...

ElliotMoose
09-23-2015, 02:21 PM
I know of that shack Bugle. My buddies found it on one of their tracker excursions. Pretty sweet little place if we're talking about the same one. Out of respect we leave it alone. Whoever built it has put some time into it

Busterpayton54
09-23-2015, 07:02 PM
I wouldt care less if I found a shack in the forest, so long as the place wasnt a mess of garbage. In fact it's usually a pleasure to find, especially in the cold or rain. It's always nice to know there's shelter nearby if needed. I couldn't care less if someone lived in it full time either. Sure they aren't paying taxes on it, but at the same time they are likely less of a burdon on our taxes and probably living a little greener as well.

tomcat
09-23-2015, 07:22 PM
Short answer- No permanent structures area allowed on Crown land, Wrong, trappers are allowed cabins on crown land with the approval of the government. Many you find in the bush may well trapper cabins. They should have a trapline decal fastened above the door.

Bugle M In
09-23-2015, 11:54 PM
nope ..no decal on it.
But I have many different guys explain that the boys from the shack actually harass out hunter.
Sit right on your tail, until you fell that you need to move over.
They drive at 110km/hr all over the place.
Seen than once talking to themselves enjoying a road fire and chat....1 min later, there they are , right on you bumper.
No need for that shit, and, it happens a lot...to many others out there...
I will report it to the CO, with gps co this fall.
CO might know if it is for a trapper, but we see the guys who uses, they are road hunters at high speed.
They even had a shoot out with another hunter, and cars were smashed, as they blocked the one guy in..
Appears there was very little effort put into common sense...just bad oversized ego's.

Backwoods
09-24-2015, 05:54 AM
, Wrong, trappers are allowed cabins on crown land with the approval of the government. Many you find in the bush may well trapper cabins. They should have a trapline decal fastened above the door.
Also gold claims I am told

MichelD
09-24-2015, 08:48 AM
I know of three that are open for public use. Two you can drive to, the third is a long hike in.

One has been in place since 1967, or at least there has been one on the site since then. There was a cabin diary that isn't there any more that stated that one spring folks came by and found that snowmobilers had ripped out one side wall to get into it.

They hadn't tried the front door. It was unlocked.

wideopenthrottle
09-24-2015, 09:01 AM
I wouldt care less if I found a shack in the forest, so long as the place wasnt a mess of garbage. In fact it's usually a pleasure to find, especially in the cold or rain. It's always nice to know there's shelter nearby if needed. I couldn't care less if someone lived in it full time either. Sure they aren't paying taxes on it, but at the same time they are likely less of a burdon on our taxes and probably living a little greener as well.

where I grew up many peeps had cabins (legal or not) out in the woods and way down the lake.....the usual thing was to have a book there where people could sign in and thank the owner...there was usually a sign saying "feel free to use/take something if you need it and leave something else if you can" like you might use the stove to make some tea that is there and leave a few tins of soup you had in your food box...cut a bit of firewood and move on...very much an honour system....hmmmm I guess there is no hope for that to work these days cuz eventually a dick head will wreck the place