PDA

View Full Version : grizz vs hunter yesterday east of cranbrook

Elkchaser
09-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Heard at work this morning that hunter mauled around Community Fields area yesterday. Hunter sent to Calgary with non-life threatening injuries. Anybody know what happened? Hunters being asked to stay out of area.

Rackmastr
09-02-2015, 08:26 AM
http://b104.ca/blog/2015/09/02/grizzly-attack-in-cranbrook-cos-searching-for-bear/

Sofa King
09-02-2015, 08:29 AM
that report is pretty vague.

so, was he hunting it and wounded it with an arrow?
or somehow got a shot off while it was attacking?

wideopenthrottle
09-02-2015, 08:31 AM
the bear is injured...did he manage to get an arrow into the bear before it got him...did he stab it with a knife?
ya beat me to it sofa

Rackmastr
09-02-2015, 08:31 AM
No grizz season in the Kootenays in the fall, so he was not hunting grizz. Sow with cubs sounds like, so my best guess is the bear was injured during the attack.

Mikey Rafiki
09-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Second hand story: He managed to get an arrow off as it charged, then was fighting it off with another arrow as they wrassled, then it left him alone.

wideopenthrottle
09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
I ran into a sow with 2 cubs a few miles east of there 2 years ago....I whistled and she took off with one cub then hustled back for the other scolding it...I was glad to see she was very ware of people

russm
09-02-2015, 11:12 AM
If who I think he's a member on here, I was talking to a member on here a few seasons back about heading to cranbrook and ended up adding him to Facebook, I just checked Facebook and he popped up looking pretty chewed up in a hospital bed, i refrain from naming names for now in case he's not interested in having people know. It says he fought it hand to hand with arrows and shot it once and it took off.

The Dawg
09-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes hes a member on here.

Yes he was bow hunting at the "City Fields'

Yes he was attacked by a sow and cubs.

Yes he was able to get an arrow off at and into her during the attack.

wideopenthrottle
09-02-2015, 11:25 AM
wow....just wow...glad to hear he di what it took to survive...hope you heal fast and completely physically and mentally

09-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Able to say who Dawg?

monasheemountainman
09-02-2015, 12:38 PM
it was coach I think, haven't heard from him in a while so that is my rumour of the day

The Dawg
09-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Able to say who Dawg?

Not my place to say publicly- Itll be out soon.

Hes in Calgary at a hospital recovering.

Pretty beat up for sure.

russm86
09-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear he has survived. Yet again another argument for wilderness carry of pistols, especially when bow hunting...

Elkaholic
09-02-2015, 01:27 PM
If its the member I am thinking of his name on here is kind of ironic.

.300WSMImpact!
09-02-2015, 01:28 PM
it was coach I think, haven't heard from him in a while so that is my rumour of the day

not coach, there is a picture of the person on facebook, I wish him speedy recovery, scary stuff I am happy to here he is doing well

Ddog
09-02-2015, 01:32 PM
it is not coach, just seen pics of him and he is very lucky to have survived this attack,,crazy,,i cant believe he actually survived it,, the pics looks like he was and is in bad shape.

09-02-2015, 01:44 PM
well im glad he is ok.... can you imagine battling a grizz with an arrow!?!?

mGudmund
09-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the clarification @thedawg. Anyone see the hopeless article on the cbc's website? When I read it I was highly doubtful that he shot 5 arrows...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/grizzly-bear-attacks-hunter-near-cranbrook-b-c-1.3212881

BRvalley
09-02-2015, 01:52 PM
what's more hopeless is the comments...

hope buddy has a speedy recovery with enough time left to get his elk this season, looked pretty beat up in the pics, tough ******* for sure

russm
09-02-2015, 02:19 PM
If its the member I am thinking of his name on here is kind of ironic.

I thought the same thing actually.

wideopenthrottle
09-02-2015, 02:20 PM
the lack of real information and speculation in this article makes me shake my head but the comments leave me speechless how clueless some city slickers are...do vegans even realize how much wilderness has been destroyed to plant crops for them to eat..so they found his arrows...were they all even shot or were they dropped...was there blood on any of the arrows (pass through)...too much bs acting as click bait

REMINGTON JIM
09-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Glad to hear he has survived. Yet again another argument for wilderness carry of pistols, especially when bow hunting...

YUP Sorry to see it happen I HOPE he completely Heals ! and yup again Sidearms should be legal for some outdoor-hunting situations for sure ! RJ

Billy52
09-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Wish him the best. And a speedy recovery.

Daybreak
09-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Heard the CO on the news who was in charge of the investigation. Word is the mother bear became aware of him at about 50 yards and charged him. They say he got one arrow off when the bear was about 2 yards. The hunter thought he had hit the bear and then to continued to resist by beating her with his bow and quiver. She took off with her two cubs and he had the strength to get to his vehicle and phone for help.

CO's later investigated the scene and are quite confident the hunter, despite his brave effort, did not arrow the bear. The accounted for all his arrows and the one that was fired was located at some distance and had no blood on the shaft or broadhead. They feel an elk taken earlier that day within a few kilometres might have been the attractant that brought her in.

Just shaking my head at how that guy must have felt with her coming at him full bore with no bluff intended. Hope he is feeling better and gets well with no lasting troubles.

budismyhorse
09-02-2015, 09:28 PM
makes me think the dudes I know that carry a defender while bow hunting may be onto something.....

crazy story, glad he's "ok"

Sofa King
09-02-2015, 10:00 PM
saw the story on the news tonight.
what a lucky guy, apparently the mauling just missed his carotid by millimeters.
they said he was in a blind, and the sow and cubs came wandering by.
he got out to make his presence known and hopefully scare them off before they got real, real close.
but she attacked instead.
the way it was said on there, I thought he just was stabbing it with the arrows, but I guess he must have gotten one shot off.
might have been another situation where bearspray might have been handy.
but with a sow/cubs encounter, good ol' lead is usually the answer.

sure hope he recovers well.
very tough dude.

Brambles
09-02-2015, 10:48 PM
I seen a brief story on Facebook, sounds like the bear mauled him pretty good from the list of injuries. They may not be life threatening but they will be life changing.
i wish him a speedy recovery, and tip my hat to him. He fought one hell of a fight.

Monashee
09-03-2015, 12:14 AM
According to one news report Dueck was in a blind and when the bears were about 50m away he stood up and made noise to alert the bears to his presence ...... if this is accurate who here thinks this was clearly much too close to surprise a sow with cubs ?

50m is far too close , in fact why would you alert a sow with cubs at 50m distance especially if armed with only a bow and arrows and no pepper spray held at the ready . That was a goofy move on his part .

Busterpayton54
09-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Chad Dueck aka GRIZZLYDUECK on HBC(I think) martial arts expert from Cranbrook is the bow hunter.
Glad he survived-the best to his recovery!:-D

CO Joe Caravetta said the bow hunter was looking for elk east of Cranbrook on Tuesday evening when he came across a sow grizzly with two cubs. At about 50 metres he stood up and made a noise to alert the bear that he was there and the sow at that point charged him, ran right towards him.

Don’t understand! Without a backup gun I would have turned around & hightailed it like there’s no tomorrow.
Need proof?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsJLISMIPjg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsJLISMIPjg) not to be a beeeeotch but isn't that a cub running along the beach in the background? While that does seem a bit off to me, that's one hell of a big bear.

The Dawg
09-03-2015, 12:21 AM
not to be a beeeeotch but isn't that a cub running along the beach in the background? While that does seem a bit off to me, that's one hell of a big bear.

No- most likely a sow

HarryToolips
09-03-2015, 06:53 AM
Hope he's ok....

Rattler
09-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Wow, quite the story.Wish Chad a speedy recovery , both physically and mentally. I hope he gets some critical incident stress debriefing. That helped me and by the looks of him he is going to need it.

Impressive to beat a grizzly off, no doubt probably saved his life.

.300WSMImpact!
09-03-2015, 08:08 AM
According to one news report Dueck was in a blind and when the bears were about 50m away he stood up and made noise to alert the bears to his presence ...... if this is accurate who here thinks this was clearly much too close to surprise a sow with cubs ?

50m is far too close , in fact why would you alert a sow with cubs at 50m distance especially if armed with only a bow and arrows and no pepper spray held at the ready . That was a goofy move on his part .

honey is that you? ya lets criticize what he did after he got hurt, maybe the bear was on a straight line to him, you dont know what the full scenario was

Brambles
09-03-2015, 08:42 AM

Wow, for you to post anything criticizing what Chad did and went through is truely ignorant....there is not enough information out yet to make any assumptions, and as such you are making a complete ass of yourself...

this is incident could have unfolded a million different ways....how do you know his visability wasn't limited to 50 yards, 60 yards, 70 yards etc etc.
Betcha if his visibility was on the further side he was mumbling "holy**** holy****" and waiting to see if their path was going to change or lead them away with no conflict. 50 yards is completely reasonable and I've had grizz encounters half that distance due to close quarters and the bear did the right thing...now I've also had encounters that kinda went the other direction too.

I for one commend him on his performance, and for those hollier than thou members who think they could have done better.....step up to the plate...but for now how about just reserving judgment until you have a chance to hear his story, not some edited verision of hearsay that some green peace reporter cooked up..

Rackmastr
09-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Well said Brambles

Foxton Gundogs
09-03-2015, 09:57 AM
YUP Sorry to see it happen I HOPE he completely Heals ! and yup again Sidearms should be legal for some outdoor-hunting situations for sure ! RJ

Ditto, I hope he has a full and speedy recovery. Another prime case for wilderness carry.

wideopenthrottle
09-03-2015, 10:27 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America not the teddy bears that some think they are....

revarchery
09-03-2015, 10:57 AM
$hit happens sometimes and I'm glad he is alive. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. We live in bear country and there are a lot of us in the bush. Keep your heads up out there, $hit does happen.

elch jager
09-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Another strong case for legalizing a sidearm while hunting in bear country... Hope the permanent damage is not too severe. Lucky to be alive...

Tough call to make - when do you let the bear know you are there... if at all. Impossible to say without being there and seeing the whole situation unfold.

Seems Chad has been close before - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MMqy-9gPo but this one turned tail and ran (perhaps as was a boar and there were no cubs nearby)

Best wishes with the recovery. I'll definitely be even more cautious and aware this fall.

604ksmith
09-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Hopefully he can fully recover and get back outdoors!.

An unfortunate situation for sure, but I just don't understand why people head out into the bush without bear spray or a rifle/shotgun leaning up against a tree in the blind. But, maybe he just forgot his that day.

We're not all Cameron Hanes' where we can go out "solo" with a bow, knowing we have a crew of guys with big rifles standing just out of frame.

604ksmith
09-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Seems Chad has been close before - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MMqy-9gPo but this one turned tail and ran (perhaps as was a boar and there were no cubs nearby)

I'm hesitant to reply to this, but that video just shows a complete lack of respect for the danger of bears. Karma always has a way of catching up to people...

goatdancer
09-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Chad Dueck aka GRIZZLYDUECK on HBC(I think) martial arts expert from Cranbrook is the bow hunter.
Glad he survived-the best to his recovery!:-D

CO Joe Caravetta said the bow hunter was looking for elk east of Cranbrook on Tuesday evening when he came across a sow grizzly with two cubs. At about 50 metres he stood up and made a noise to alert the bear that he was there and the sow at that point charged him, ran right towards him.

Don’t understand! Without a backup gun I would have turned around & hightailed it like there’s no tomorrow.
Need proof?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsJLISMIPjg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsJLISMIPjg)

Do you think you can outrun a grizz?

Salty
09-03-2015, 03:34 PM
See the Dawg's thread below for a link to a 'go fund me' page to donate to help Chad out its quick and easy. He has a long road of healing ahead and is self employed. This will be a big financial hardship along with everything else for one for our fellow HBCers lets show our support.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?120599-Go-Fund-me-Chad-Dueck-Grizzly-attack-victim

rocksteady
09-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Chad, wishing you a speedy recovery. With your knack for telling stories, I can't wait to read the account of the event in your own words. I hope you will share that with us..

heal well buddy...

Sofa King
09-03-2015, 04:32 PM
I remember sitting in a cutblock with my bow one season.
I was at the back edge where I had been seeing deer come out of the treeline many times in the later part of the day.
I had gotten in there extra early and got set up.
I was all camo'd out in my 3D leafy camo suit and sitting facing the back of the cutblock, but with the treeline on the side also running along on my left side.
after quite awhile, I started to heard sounds behind and to the left of me.
I held still, not wanting to move and give away my location, thinking it was deer.
I could hear the sounds getting further out now, into the cutblock and out of the trees.
and they weren't sounding very far away either.
finally I started thinking "what if it's not deer?", so I decided I better slowly turn to get a look at what I was hearing.
I slowly turned, just enough so my eyes could see around, and there were two big black bears right out in the cut behind me, about 25 yards away or so.
the wind was blowing toward me, so my scent wasn't going to scare them.
and I figured with my camo they can't even see me, so even if I were to make my presence known, they may not even know what I am.
with just my bow, I decided to wait until they got out of sight in a low spot, then I booked it to the treeline and along the edge and got out of there.
that was when I decided I'd always carry a gun or bearspray also when out with the bow.

4x4
09-03-2015, 04:57 PM
First of all I'm glad that this guy is going to be alright.

Just so you people know I am new to hunting. Going to the EK for my first hunt in Oct for Whitetails.

What I don't get is why do they allow hunting for Grizzlies with a bow? From what I've read and heard it's hard to make a clean kill. My biggest fear is not making a clean quick kill and I will be using a rifle. Just asking a question here do not need the heros coming down on me.

Thx

Ron.C
09-03-2015, 05:15 PM
What I don't get is why do they allow hunting for Grizzlies with a bow? From what I've read and heard it's hard to make a clean kill. My biggest fear is not making a clean quick kill and I will be using a rifle. Just asking a question here do not need the heros coming down on me.

Thx

Good Question. Lots of folks and new hunters think rifles mean a quick kill and bows do not. Both rifle and bow are capable of quick, clean kills on all north American big game when shot placement is good and rifle/bow matches the game being hunted. Having said that, both are equally as capable of wounding and ultimately loosing game when nerves and or poor judgement come into play

4x4
09-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Thx for reply Ron.
I totally understand what your saying and I know many seasoned hunters that have wounded animals with rifles. Unfortunatley it happens but Grizzly with a bow to me just doesn't make sense. I also don't know enough about bow hunting to know that a bow can quickly kill a Grizz.

Salty
09-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Read the thread. He was bow hunting for elk in a blind.

4x4
09-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Read the thread. He was bow hunting for elk in a blind.

I know that, but people do hunt in BC for them with a bow. It was a general question not direct to the person that got mauled.

Salty
09-03-2015, 05:51 PM
People hunt Cape Buffalo with a bow in Africa too because its a legal and lethal means of getting the job done. I'm not a bow hunter myself but I don't have any twitch of a problem with this its been done many many times and for a long time. There's a lot of "what ifs" in hunting by its nature, using a bow doesn't really add any to the list to a skilled bow hunter IMO.

Sitkaspruce
09-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Speedy recovery Chad!!!

The mountains will be calling you back soon!!!

Cheers

SS

The Dawg
09-03-2015, 08:26 PM
I know a couple guys that hunt and kill grizzly with nothing but a bow.

Its just as fast as a gun.

With the right shot placement, and equipment, its very humane and fast.

elch jager
09-04-2015, 08:15 AM
I think the big attraction with bow hunting is that the primitive method provides a closer link to the animal and our ancestry. By its very nature you must get close... vewy vewy close. And you must be vewy vewy quiet... The adrenaline at this range is through the roof. Lots of hunters live for this. It takes the skill required to a whole other level. Knowing your game, stalking undetected and having the nerves of steel to pull of a humane shot. As well as balls of steel if pursuing anything dangerous...

But herein lies the rub - the likelihood of startling an animal into attack (such as this inconvenient Grizzly) is also much higher.

If I were to take up bow hunting (not likely) I would seriously consider packing my 40 cal SIG in a quick draw cross body under arm holster and damn the fines if I got caught with it. I'd rather be alive and in court than lying in a hospital bed or 6 ft underground. (but of course i would never, ever actually do this, nor am I recommending anyone actually beak the law in order to protect themselves...) One can only hope for a concealed carry permit to be extended to this kind of situation. Maybe I'll just ride shotgun for my son - not a week passes and he doesn't say something about preferring bow hunting over rifles... and he is only 10... that video of the 13yr old bleeding out the elk with a neck shot really got him thinking...

If you are working in a remote area and have your RPAL you can pack a sidearm, but not while hunting... that is just stupid.

Brambles
09-04-2015, 12:41 PM
The only appealing thing about archery hunting for me is the 9 extra days early in the season. I don't do it because I want to, I do it because I have to....

BRvalley
09-04-2015, 12:57 PM
I grew up with a buddy who shoots archery cause he lost his PAL via multiple assault charges...

myself, extra season was part of the reason, but mostly because it's just fun to shoot and I can do it at home, another skillset to master and drain the wallet

Edge
09-04-2015, 01:06 PM
We were about 70 kms from there bowhunting elk as well....I was packin 12gauge with slugs...but saw no Grizz...no elk either for that matter...and now bugling. 70 kms winds/torrential downpours/and single digit temp....that's hunting....glad to hear he got out.

chrismcd
09-04-2015, 02:00 PM
We're not all Cameron Hanes' where we can go out "solo" with a bow, knowing we have a crew of guys with big rifles standing just out of frame.
Ouch.. quite the jab . how do you know he's got guys wwith guns backing him up? Seems like he's alone quite often.
Don't want to take this forum to far from op. So hope this guy heels up nice and quick. Good wishes to him and his family . ��

Edit: haha I forgot about his grizzly hunt from this summer where his Alaskan guide clearly has a rifle . Although that may have been the guides idea . He was directly targeting grizzlys which is different then hunting elk and seeing a bear

Salty
09-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Some of you armchair quartbacks are pretty amazing to watch, how you can gather a few snippets of news and internet posts and decide that the situation was handled all wrong. Either that or you're talking out your ass because you don't really know what actually happened. Yeah come to think of it I'll go with the latter and add a hint of STFU about it its pretty poor taste.

Daybreak
09-04-2015, 08:22 PM
The man is alive so he must have done something right. Who are we to judge or criticize?

I spotted a large grizzly in NE BC at about 200 yards. Took about 2 seconds to realize it was moving directly towards me yet showed no signs of knowing I was there. I was out of there so fast and so quiet it would have made your head spin. Not something I want to mess with when moose or elk hunting, especially alone.

gamehunter6o
09-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I've never hunted bears, but here's an outsiders take on this.
I have no idea what I would do if sitting in a blind and a grizzly (especially with cubs) was due to cut my wind at 50m.:shock:
Would I jump up and try to scare her off before she smelt me, try to sneak away to get some distance or just stay down and hope she shies off.:?:
I'm glad we don't have bears down here.

Monashee
09-04-2015, 09:17 PM
I fully agree with you(with the exception of pepper spray ). Don’t deserve the criticism you got! Let it fall on deaf ears!

No problem . You can't cure stupid .

A female grizzly with cubs is like a bomb waiting to go off . Surprising her inside comfort zone a full on charge should be expected and that comfort zone should be understood to be hundreds of meters for interior grizzlies .

At the very least pepper spray should have been deployed instead of trying to hit a bear on the run with a flea bite of an arrow.

Glad to hear the fellow is getting better.

lovemywinchester
09-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Scary shit! Wishing Chad a speedy recovery.

http://www.e-know.ca/news/grizzly-attack-survivor-relates-story/

hunter1947
09-05-2015, 11:24 AM
I was informed by one of my friends that came into my hunting camp yesterday on this sow attack I know this man very well I was very upset on what had happened to Chad I did not sleep that night thinking about what had happened to him I will be helping Chad out with some funds because he is self employed I pray for a speedy recovery for him and my prayers go out to him I don't know the full story because I have been in my hunting camp ???..

Spy
09-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Glad to hear Chad is going to be all right. This does not surprise me to hear what happened to Chad. I have never met a person who pushes things over the limit like Chad does. I really question his ethics. This is the same guy who shoots 2 bull moose then goes and brags about at the outfitters camp. All this guy does is hunt hunt hunt this self employed crap and the the go fund me account. Please id this guy worked as hard as he hunts he would be well enough off where he doesn't need a gofund me.You are a ****ing idiot why dont you take your 6 HBC post and **** off! You sound like a useless selfless human ! I wish Chad a speedy recovery and will be donating $$$ when I get back from my archery elk hunt !

hunter1947
09-05-2015, 12:05 PM
You are a ****ing idiot why dont you take your 6 HBC post and **** off! You sound like a useless selfless human ! I wish Chad a speedy recovery and will be donating $$$ when I get back from my archery elk hunt !

I agree some people have no feelings for others its a cruel word we live in..

Big Lew
09-05-2015, 03:01 PM
The only appealing thing about archery hunting for me is the 9 extra days early in the season. I don't do it because I want to, I do it because I have to....

I've been a bowhunter now for 25+ years, and like you, took it up so that I had the 9
extra days, but more preciously, at the time the 9 days were for archery only. Not
only did I feel secure knowing I could stalk and crawl about without worrying someone
with a rifle might be targeting the same animal while not knowing I was there, but it
gave me an advantage of getting close to my quarry before the mainstream group of
hunters began scaring them out of bow range.
That latter advantage has been severely reduced since then because of the 'youth
hunter' inclusion, the trend toward crossbows which allows far more people out there
then would otherwise be, and the exploding ATV-quad usage.
It's getting harder and harder to find a place to hunt now-a-days where you're not
all competing for the same animals.
(before people chime in and say it's not that dangerous having rifle hunters out
there among the bow hunters....I just had a relative frantically wave off a youth
taking aim at the same buck he was getting ready to arrow while he was in direct
line of her fire. Fortunately her dad saw the waves and told her not to shoot.

Salty
09-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Got a nice thank you note through Go Fund Me Chad's spirits have been lifted he can't believe the support he's getting through this its helping him a lot more than just financially :)

Hunterguy
09-06-2015, 04:21 PM
I have to laugh all the Grizzlies attack now it alls. Was up at Butler Ridge a couple of years ago a rancher who lives locally was out on a trail, let out one bugle seconds later he was fighting for his life in 10 seconds from the side. Tore his face off, buried for dead all took ten minutes. Hiked to his jeep drove 40 minutes to a neighbours ranch 64 years old airlifted out, we were on scene and it wasn't pretty. Never got his rifle up the bear bit his stalk off so all this is what I would do is like I say Bulls--t! Glad to here the young man is recovering from his attack.

Salty
09-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Chad's being released from the hospital lots more medical stuff to deal with I guess but he's heading home great news.

grizzlydueck
11-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Elk hunter 74 you go all emotional for the Internet to see!
This is the reason I have not cared to be on here for probably a year!
Its bad enough dealing with the uneducated tree huggers but a fishing/ hunting guide?
If you think about it you will realize that I didn't come into the guide camp saying that I shot 2 moose!
And your opinion of a person you know Nothing about? Very sad!
Must have something to do with that a TV hunting film crew. Out there for a full mixed bag hunt and all they got was a bear.
And you guides and jack ass felt shitty because 2 dudes show up for the first time and get a cranker moose !
and one of them almost gets stomped into paste by a charging bull moose.
But that's right you were there.....pretty lame bud!
The politics of guides in bed with a bad co who together trie to run off local bc residents is so disgusting !
the only good thing is the outfitter and co have been under investigation for some time.
By the time we got home the co had been releaved of his duties.
Anyhow pretty sick what you said !
im alive and once again it wasn't my time!
I have way more important things to do than worry about more miss truths about the moose trip or my bear attack.
So elk hunter 74 I hope you have a great season and only ask that you speak the truth.
im moving on to hunting giant whitey bucks and have better things to focus on....
keep safe everyone and let's be positive !
cheers

grizzlydueck
11-02-2015, 12:11 AM
In response to:
Re: grizz vs hunter yesterday east of cranbrook

http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by elkhunter74 http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1678579#post1678579)
Glad to hear Chad is going to be all right. This does not surprise me to hear what happened to Chad. I have never met a person who pushes things over the limit like Chad does. I really question his ethics. This is the same guy who shoots 2 bull moose then goes and brags about at the outfitters camp. All this guy does is hunt hunt hunt this self employed crap and the the go fund me account. Please id this guy worked as hard as he hunts he would be well enough off where he doesn't need a gofund me.

You are a ****ing idiot why dont you take your 6 HBC post and **** off! You sound like a useless selfless human ! I wish Chad a speedy recovery and will be donating $$$ when I get back from my archery elk hunt !

Spy
11-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Glad to hear you are doing well and out hunting again Chad. :-)