PDA

View Full Version : No bugles!

Shikari300WSM
09-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Hey everyone. Hope you are all having an awesome bow season (or gearing up the sleepless nights until rifle...)

I'm wondering if any of you members have heard bulges yet? I've been scouting since Sunday night and not a peep. Let some cow calls off and some bulges this am and got nothing. Is it too early for the bulls to be gathering cows?

Mikey Rafiki
09-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Bulls have been having relations with cows for a couple weeks now. They just don't always advertise it.

Sofa King
09-01-2015, 01:26 PM
I did not have relations with that girl.
we simply shared a cigar.

GoatGuy
09-01-2015, 02:24 PM
They will be bugling, always do at this time of year.

Ourea
09-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Hey everyone. Hope you are all having an awesome bow season (or gearing up the sleepless nights until rifle...)

I'm wondering if any of you members have heard bulges yet? I've been scouting since Sunday night and not a peep. Let some cow calls off and some bulges this am and got nothing. Is it too early for the bulls to be gathering cows?

Bulls can be quite vocal before the rut starts...(late Aug - early sept).
I would encourage you to keep at 'er right now.

Many an elk expert support the best chance/time to bugle in a big bull is before the real rut begins and they are establishing/confirming their pecking order.

OutWest
09-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Bulls can be quite vocal before the rut starts...(late Aug - early sept).
I would encourage you to keep at 'er right now.

Many an elk expert support the best chance/time to bugle in a big bull is before the real rut begins and they are establishing/confirming their pecking order.

x2. Many of our best action has been early season

Was in the WK last week and the bulls were talking. Keep at it and you'll find 'em. Best of luck.

rides bike to work
09-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Last year during the rut I was amongst a herd of elk with bulls for ten days saw them often an didn't hear a single bugle. It was frusterating because you though they weren't there then you would spot them then next day can find them again till late. I wish all game animals ran around screaming there heads off. Would be much easier

Ourea
09-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Have several contacts that have bugled in bulls that last couple days.
I had a groaner going Thursday evening.
Get out there!

Peter Pepper
09-05-2015, 07:01 PM
I heard one bugling last Wednesday on Nanaimo river, and another elk 'grunting' or something in reply. Was scouting for deer, saw deer little sign, but loads of elk and bear droppings

sparky300winmag
09-06-2015, 08:09 PM
I saw 2 bulls and got within a 4-5 hundred yards .. cow called and nothing , tried bugling and again nothing from either one, hard to locate them when they don't answer back

.300WSMImpact!
09-06-2015, 10:02 PM
its early, they will talk, but not as often, you might catch a good day but its more spot and stalk kind of time, good luck

ACB
09-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Cow calls lots of cow calls & calf, they'll talk or come in quite.