PDA

View Full Version : fall bear

chrismcd
09-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Hey was hoping of getting my first bear this week , me and my brother saw a bunch in the spring but nothing big so passed on them .Will we see them In the same areas now? Any areas close to lower mainland you would try, so we don't gotta drive to far.

tigrr
09-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Unless they travel to spawning streams they will be close to the same area. A 3 to 5 year old mountain grass and berry eating bear will be good eating. I prefer bear over deer or moose!!

ElectricDyck
09-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Try alpine berry patches..anything above the treeline, don't know if you can hike, or find a higher elevation road with slopes but that's where I've seen them more concentrated and in the open come september..

kaptin
09-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Good luck on a bear. I had good expectations this spring of filling bear tags. I bought two tags. I saw two bears that's it. When I started hunting you used to see so many. I just haven't found a good bear area. I've got a good deer area. Just need to find one for bears. My fingers are crossed I find one this fall and fill a tag.

chrismcd
09-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Yeah hiking is what I was expecting and hoping for . I've heard good things about bears eating berries. Hopefully I willfind one .
any one have thoughts on shooting a bear and the effect of deer movement in an area? I would guess they flee the area for quite some time with all the predators and what not afterwards?