PDA

View Full Version : Management unit 1 Bag Limit

NorthIslander
08-28-2015, 07:02 PM
Need some clarification here on antlerless bag limit in 1-4,1-5, 1-6.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Not sure but I was told that I could not take an antlerless deer out of these areas, look at the regs I would say no shooting only in the areas that are in grey, page 30 and 31 of the regs.
Myself I would say yes I could shoot an antlerless with my rifle as long as I was outside the grey boundary's shown in the maps.
Northislander

Ozone
08-28-2015, 07:13 PM
You can only shoot a antlerless with a bow or shotgun with multiple shot on the island GOS.

NorthIslander
08-28-2015, 07:43 PM
I am still trying to find something in the synopsis that shows that, any page numbers?

Shooter
08-28-2015, 07:51 PM
No rifle doe season in region 1 unless for youth. I'm not going to go through every MU and sub map but they all read like map a22 it outlines the bow and shot only AND SPECIAL ANTLERLESS MULE DEER SEASON. You are looking to hard for something you wish was there.

Ozone
08-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Lets use Map A15 for this example (P31)
In the striped area, you can not use rifles (so bow only) and its a antlerless area.
The grey area you can use shot only (or a bow) and its a antlerless area.
The white area is not a antlerless area.

NorthIslander
08-28-2015, 07:58 PM
If you look at Map A9 page 30 in the synopsis, if I head north into the hills out of the grey area the way I see it you can shoot an antlerless animal with my rifle.
Any one else, what am I missing here ha ha!

Ron.C
08-28-2015, 07:59 PM
I am still trying to find something in the synopsis that shows that, any page numbers?

Antlerless bag limit in MU 1-4, 1-5, 1-6 is two. Top of page 29, right hand column.

Also at the top of page 29. beside the antlerless portion, there is a + beside all MU's you can hunt in. At the bottom of that section, you'll see that the + indicates portions of those MU's and the maps that detail these portions. A13, A15, and A16 are the maps you need to be concerned with for antlerless in MU's 1-4, 1-5, 1-6 . These areas are bow or shotgun with shot only

Ron.C
08-28-2015, 08:03 PM
If you look at Map A9 page 30 in the synopsis, if I head north into the hills out of the grey area the way I see it you can shoot an antlerless animal with my rifle.

No, that portion of 1-5 is not open to antlerless

Ozone
08-28-2015, 08:03 PM
Map A9 doesn't have anything to do with antlerless deer. Go back to were it says the MUs and notice the + then look at which maps its talking about just below that.

NorthIslander
08-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Ok thank you for all your information I am reading it wrong and just wishing ha ha.