PDA

View Full Version : Associated Wildlife Preserve - contact?

Andrewh
08-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Well after spending this past week asking permission for this coming season I have all but given up for the local farms out in Surrey/Langley. I asked a number of owners and they all said the same thing, "we are all tied up with A.W.P".

Can someone please give me the contact info for them? I have tried to look them up but they seem to be a pretty secret group.

thanks,
Andrew

Crazy_Farmer
08-28-2015, 08:13 PM
There's a few members of it on here. I guess if they're nice enough to pass info along.

ACB
08-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Well after spending this past week asking permission for this coming season I have all but given up for the local farms out in Surrey/Langley. I asked a number of owners and they all said the same thing, "we are all tied up with A.W.P".

Can someone please give me the contact info for them? I have tried to look them up but they seem to be a pretty secret group.

thanks,
Andrew
Paying fore sole hunting rights on private property. I didn't think that was legal. If it is it shouldn't be. It'll be just like Europe and Great Britain. If you got the money I guess you'll be able to go hunting waterfowl in the FV. I use to hunt on land that is owned buy the Dutch men that had some of their hired hands caught on film beating up some of their cows out of Chilliwack. Like I said I use to, now it's posted by AWP. I hunted that land ever since I was in high school, I collect CPP now, that will tell you how long I'd hunted out there. A couple years ago when I was trying to ask for permission I was told by one of the family not the normal guy that I was to talk to that they had sold the hunting rights to the AWP and no I couldn't get permission to hunt there. I asked him how much they had payed and he told me. IT WAS A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY, far more than I could afford. To me you shouldn't be allowed to do that at least not in this country. Last I looked there aren't any LORDSHIP ESTATES in this country,but mind you there are some that think they are, hey Mister ONWER of THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS. Apparently he's in on it. You can't compete with that kind of money, and you shouldn't have to, not in this country!

pnbrock
09-01-2015, 06:58 AM
yes it is true all members hold prestigious titles and come from fine stock.

lorneparker1
09-01-2015, 08:33 PM
I heard at least one member is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything

ACB
09-01-2015, 08:53 PM
I heard at least one member is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything
I think more than one is. Not that anything is wrong with that. Just a bunch of guys that are too lazy or too busy doing other things? Than going to ask the farmer for permission them self's.

slyfox
09-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Delta has some crown land you still can hunt.

lorneparker1
09-02-2015, 09:55 AM
I think more than one is. Not that anything is wrong with that. Just a bunch of guys that are too lazy or too busy doing other things? Than going to ask the farmer for permission them self's.

IM not sure if its to lazy. I don't know anything about this club other than I know a guy who is a member. Maybe they just want Exclusive rights and not have to deal with all the bullshit and drama that goes with public land or land that multiple people have permission on. Unfortunately its not like the old days where if multiple groups have permission and multiple people show up at the same spot you just join up and hunt together.

ACB
09-02-2015, 12:11 PM
IM not sure if its to lazy. I don't know anything about this club other than I know a guy who is a member. Maybe they just want Exclusive rights and not have to deal with all the bullshit and drama that goes with public land or land that multiple people have permission on. Unfortunately its not like the old days where if multiple groups have permission and multiple people show up at the same spot you just join up and hunt together.
The way it was in the "OLD DAYS" if you were the first one out of bed and the first one there the other guys realized they should have gotten out of bed earlier. What this is really about in my opinion is that everybody agrees that we here as older hunters and as outdoors people need to try to get more younger hunters and kids out in the field whether its hunting or fishing. You would have to agree the easiest and most inexpensive way of having the young hunter or kids to have success is water fowling. Because all's that they need is someone to take them,someplace to go! And a single barrel shot gun. Whether its a 20ga.,16ga,or a 12ga. if they can handle it. Thats how I got started, My dad wasn't a duck hunter he was a deer hunter and sure he took us deer hunting but not duck hunting. It was a old friend of the family that was a nuttzo duck hunter that took me duck hunting the first time out in east Chilliwack. All's I used was a Savage 22/20ga. over and under so really a 20ga. single shot and I got a couple of teal, I was hooked. Now if these young guys don't have anywhere to go there's going to be less and less young guys out there because of elitist groups like this.

lorneparker1
09-02-2015, 05:20 PM
The way it was in the "OLD DAYS" if you were the first one out of bed and the first one there the other guys realized they should have gotten out of bed earlier. .

You are 100% correct. Its funny I didn't even bring that up because its so NOT the normal now. As far as no where to go. Again I don't know how much this club has leased up, but I do know quite a few waterfowlers over there that are not members that don't seem to have much of an issue with finding places to hunt and killing birds.

Lorne

yamadirt 426
09-03-2015, 02:45 PM
I have met a few of these guys. They are nice, friendly. Even hunted with one. But as soon as u bring up the club its "no English "

Seriously though. I do get to hunt fields but there is no better place to be than in a marsh away from everyone with a boat and a dog.

Dutch
10-14-2015, 12:09 AM
Associated has been around for 5 decades and fills a gap for the average farmer preventing free for alls that have in the past taken up too much farmers time.WE have regulations that actually supersede the hunting regs, .The land we lease is not all perfect but it does assist the owners in policing it for they know who it is if something goes awry.Andrew PM me if you are interested I can assist you cheers to all,,,

limit time
10-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Last I tried, it was a two year waiting list...and they only have 1200 members if remember ?? Also it's about a grand a year to stay a member.
Start your own, the farmers I talk to say they get two buck an acre, for all the property not just the huntable land.
ill try to get the number for you. Also the farmers use to get free passes for friends.

Dutch
10-14-2015, 08:39 AM
There are 120 members not a 2 year waiting list it is $700.00 per year plus a one time $ 100 initiation fee.

limit time
10-14-2015, 09:29 AM
There are 120 members not a 2 year waiting list it is $700.00 per year plus a one time $ 100 initiation fee.
it was two year when I tried, sorry 700 a year...and even worse 120 members...
why don't you post the info for the club for everyone ?

bogman
10-15-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm wondering how 120 members is "even worse" than the 1200 members that you mistakenly quoted? I was a member of AWP for 10 years when I lived at the coast and it was excellent value for the money . I also had unlimited waterfowl hunting opportunities on other land but still supported AWP mostly for the pheasant opportunities. Good bunch of guys that they hold a certain number to give all that join the best opportunities they can. if they left the membership wide open it would be the gong show that public land can be. If your interested sign up, wait your time and it will be well worth the wait and the money. If you think its too expensive hunt the public land and don't complain about the guys that have put a lot of time and effort into making a great club. JMHO

limit time
11-09-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm wondering how 120 members is "even worse" than the 1200 members that you mistakenly quoted? I was a member of AWP for 10 years when I lived at the coast and it was excellent value for the money . I also had unlimited waterfowl hunting opportunities on other land but still supported AWP mostly for the pheasant opportunities. Good bunch of guys that they hold a certain number to give all that join the best opportunities they can. if they left the membership wide open it would be the gong show that public land can be. If your interested sign up, wait your time and it will be well worth the wait and the money. If you think its too expensive hunt the public land and don't complain about the guys that have put a lot of time and effort into making a great club. JMHO
When I say worse, I meant les members means harder to get into, hence the two year waiting list... I also know a person in it and hunt with him with out the cost ��
you think with a higher membership number it would be a " gong show" ? How many archers did you guys have at the time ?

bogman
11-16-2015, 08:21 AM
When I say worse, I meant les members means harder to get into, hence the two year waiting list... I also know a person in it and hunt with him with out the cost ��
you think with a higher membership number it would be a " gong show" ? How many archers did you guys have at the time ?

When you can hunt waterfowl with another member, that's great (for you). I think the bulk of the members are interested in the pheasant opportunities and that would cost you a day fee to go with a member as they pay big money to buy pheasants every year. Not sure why your asking about archers but to my knowledge there were no birds shot by bow and arrow while I was there. If your truly interested in getting the inside scoop on AWP take Dutch up on his offer and give him a PM, he is THE guy to get info from and while it sometimes pains me to say it , he's a pretty good guy to boot.

Weatherby Fan
11-16-2015, 08:59 AM
I hear that Dutch and Bogman have several thousand acres in the Oliver area for there own little hunt club also........its BS I tell ya :confused::mrgreen:

I hear rumours of a fishing club in the Charlottes also........any truth to that Bogman ?

bogman
11-24-2015, 09:33 AM
WF , I told you in the beginning, Work Hard- Play Harder and life will all work out. The Oliver area club is intact but the Charlotttes fishing club is going to move to the island next summer and hopefully every summer till the end of days. Maybe if you ever get any time off in the summer you and K##### will have to come and visit.

albravo2
11-24-2015, 10:08 AM
I love the sound of this club. I've always loathed the idea of going hat in hand to a farmhouse to ask for permission. I don't always like it when people come to my door asking for things and I'm sure they don't either.

I'm still learning the ropes in the marsh but will definitely get in touch with Dutch when that wears thin. I'm glad such a club exists.