PDA

View Full Version : Season Starter For Me

hunter1947
08-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Well members its that time of the year again for many of us I am all packed up and loaded for the bow season opener this year I have a young friend in my camp to help out with all will make it lot easier this year if I or him get an elk..

In the bow season last year all still haunts me on how hard it was for me the old fart to get my bow kill elk out all by myself was a grueling 10 hours to get that elk of mine back to camp from the moment I had arrowed the bull .
I will be leaving at 5am tomorrow morning to hunt that gorgeous animal the elk I have not did a full trail cam check since the third week of July guess I am slipping somewhat on my checking the cams.

I will be checking all 7 of my trail cams and putting out one more trail cam this Sunday Monday to see what is on the cams the cam that has the most activity is where I will be in the early dark morning on Sept first for me this year its a laid back year I don't need any meat my freezer is still two thirds full of deer and elk so I will be very selective this 2015 year.

I would rather see my new friend arrow an elk than that of me I will try my best on helping him get his first elk and if he does it would mean so much to me I get so excited to see others get their animals then the likes of me I wish all members the best of luck this upcoming season and hope they get what they're after and be safe out there..

Just remember at all times its not getting your animal all the time that counts ,,,,, its being around your friends having some good hunts and good talks around the campfire in the evenings that are most important this to me is number one thing I look forward to in my latter years of hunting :wink:..

IronNoggin
08-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Best of Luck to both You and the Young Gun Wayne!

Straight Shootin'!! :D

Cheers,
Nog

Everett
08-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Good luck Wayne stay safe and remember to let the young guy do the heavy lifting. That is what young fellas are for after all.
Just set up my future hunting partner/pack mule up with his first rifle last week it was his 9th birthday another 6 or 7 years and he will be hauling my elk out.

Ferenc
08-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Latter years of hunting.. I don't think so... Best of luck to you and your comrade !!

nature girl
08-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Wayne you sound like you would be the perfect guy to help out your friend and he can help you out. Especially in grizz country you have to be carefull. Good luck to you this season and it is truly about enjoying yourself and getting a animal is a bonus.

Rattler
08-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Absolutely Wayne. It is all about the country, company and adventures. Have always said getting an animal is the icing on the cake. Good on you for taking a younger hunter out as well.

Good luck!

M.Dean
08-28-2015, 07:01 PM
I look forward to following your hunting adventures again this season H47, keep up the good work, take lots of pic's and video's of the animals and hunt'in and such, but don't forget to post pic's of a few of your "Camp Suppers"!!! My mouth's water'in just thinking about it! Have a great year!

Ferenc
08-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Any updates so far

Ourea
08-31-2015, 01:19 PM
Go get 'em Wayne!!

elkhunter1
09-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Good Luck Wane.
looking forward to the Story. and Pic,s Vid,s

gamehunter6o
09-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Good luck Wayne, from downunder. :mrgreen:

Jelvis
09-01-2015, 11:43 AM
47 -- The Best Darn Elk Hunter in BC folks, bar none, Roe Zee or Rocky he's got em covered.
Best a luck hunter, get a white tail 4 sure --
Jelly -- Hunter47 -- Knows Bo! -- Wayner -- luv yah brah

Seeker
09-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Good luck Wayne! Your new hunter has about a good a mentor as one can hope for. Its great to see you instil the importance of the comaraderie, it is overlooked too often these days. It seems everyone wants to out compete the next hunter. Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the updates.

hunter1947
10-20-2015, 04:57 AM
Now that the elk season is over with now not going out for the last day today,,it's time to try to find a big WT buck to try to better my biggest WT deer time will tell if he is not the one I want he will live to see the next year unless someone els takes him or the predators or winter months ??? like I said I don't need the game meat..

.264winmag
10-20-2015, 05:09 AM
Hmmm, did it close at 12am this morning or last shooting light this evening, for elk?...
Good luck on the monster WT Buckaroo!

boxhitch
10-20-2015, 05:14 AM
12 hours left + or -
Where are you heading .2 ?

.264winmag
10-20-2015, 04:30 PM
12 hours left + or -
Where are you heading .2 ?
thanks,T4-33

hunter1947
10-24-2015, 02:43 AM
Well its 3,30am mountain time here in Cranbrook I am headed in on a solo hunt to try and find a WT buck that I can better my biggest WT deer on the wall I find it lots of fun trying to better your biggest buck I find it a real challenge..

If I don't find the buck I want so be it I just love being out there in nature doing what I have been doing for 55 years there is no better place on this planet that I would like to be then that of being out in nature were the animals are.

I love filming animals more then taking them I have over 500 DVD movies from the past 8 years love watching the DVD moves after my season as came to a close hopefully I will have a few nature movies to share with HBC members later on.

Time to hit the lonely old road into my hunting camp ,,coffee is in the thermos and I am headed out my door ,,stay tuned..

kennyj
10-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Good luck Wayne! Looking forward to this years videos. I hope you get the BIG ONE.
kenny

hunter1947
11-09-2015, 06:56 AM
My season is over for me did get some elk meat in my freezer this year the good thing was that I had a great time with friends on hunts and this to me is as good as pulling the trigger myself.

I helped 2 friends this past weekend get there WT bucks to me this is what hunting is all about being with your friends on hunts one of them got a nice 5x5 the other a 4x4 now its time for me to get some things done around my home all my trail cams are at home now put away for the winter months now its a wait till next hunting season ,,can't wait for 3 more months till shed antler season starts.

Yes I was involved on some real great hunts one of them being that Vancouver Roosevelt hunt and yes I did get a portion of meat from this elk below is a pic of my friends Roosevelt elk..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/5_-_Copy5.JPG

The snow that fell yesterday..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/00933.JPG http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/01223.JPG

ElliotMoose
11-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Wayne was that bull taken on the Island or on the mainland? Have seen pics of some of the bulls that have been harvested in the newer region 2 draws this year. Impressive animals! I have yet to pull the trigger this year as well. Plenty of good times out in the bush and around the fire though. Looking forward to some videos

hunter1947
11-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Wayne was that bull taken on the Island or on the mainland? Have seen pics of some of the bulls that have been harvested in the newer region 2 draws this year. Impressive animals! I have yet to pull the trigger this year as well. Plenty of good times out in the bush and around the fire though. Looking forward to some videos

This bull was taken in a region on Vancouver island that has been open for many years