PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bear

FortBoy
08-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Two new deer hunters decided to separate to increases their chances. “What if we get lost?” says one of them. “Fire three shots up in the air, every hour on the hour” says the other. “I saw it on TV.” Sure enough, one of the hunters gets lost, so he fires three shots up into the air every hour on the hour. The next day the other hunter finds his friend with the help of the Forest Ranger. “Did you do what I said?” asked the hunter. “Yes, I fired three shots up into the air every hour on the hour, until I ran out of arrows.” as i understand i am required to post a joke, forgive me. but any ways, thought id share a quick bear story from this spring. First trip, mid may, up in my regular spot close to home, spent a few days walking/driving around, finally get a nice big blackie in my sights, but wait, whos that coming around the corner with lights blazin........ ofcourse its a CO doing some regular checks. ( I understand he is doing his job and i thank him for it, but couldnt of waited 2 minutes?!?!?! lol) so i head home in defeat and bounce back up the next weekend, but this time its not a co, but a whitey doe that creeps over the hill and busts me as im staring down a medium sized cinnamon, and busts right past the bear, losing my chance once again. third trip up, got to the grounds late and figured i would try out a new camping spot to see if a buddies trailer would be able to fit in the next day. wake up at about 5am, and not 15 minutes into my drive towards where i usually see some bears, this big ol fella is lazily walking down the road away from me at about 200yds showing nothing but rear end. sat and watched him for about 5 minutes, and he finally took a half step to the left giving me just enough of an angle to make a comfortable shot. looks like i hit him a little fsar back in the pic (hope it uploaded) but the angle was right that day and it missed all the guts and blew part of the heart right out. gave him about 20 minutes and took a stroll down the road just to find him about 15 yards off to the side on a small hill. biggest bear ive shot so far, and he still tastes mighty fine. took him to johnstons meats in chilliwack and they did a pretty awsome job with him, ended up getting 108lbs of meat, fills the freezer just fine for me.

Happy to finally be a part of the community you all have on here.

Regards
Fortboy

monasheemountainman
08-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Nice! great looking bear! need a bigger pic, but looks like a beauty! welcome!

FortBoy
08-26-2015, 03:15 PM
Thanks mountain man. I tried many tims to upload my pics of this guy and this was the only one that i could get to a small enough size to be accepted by the uploader for the site unfortunately

rides bike to work
08-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Tinypic works well for me
nice bear
good joke
welcome

FortBoy
08-26-2015, 03:58 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/k4w5g6.jpg tried out tiny pic, lets see if it works out

metalface
08-26-2015, 04:03 PM
wow nice looking bear!

pg83
08-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Love those colour phase bears! Good job and welcome!

dodge
08-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Beauty bear. Congrats

warnniklz
08-26-2015, 05:47 PM
I rarely use this teem and reserve it for when called upin but... look at the colour on that thing. That's real nice!

Handle kind of looks like fartboy on the small screen...

FortBoy
09-18-2015, 01:25 PM
yea it had great consistent color right through. quite a few color phase bears in that area.

wideopenthrottle
09-18-2015, 01:36 PM
mind if I ask what fort....Francis, William, McLeod, St. John, Saskatchewan?

180grainer
09-18-2015, 03:49 PM
That's a nice looking bear. Hard to tell in a picture but it sure looks like it's a bit of a pumpkin head.