PDA

View Full Version : Quadra Island Doe Draw

tightlips
08-25-2015, 09:03 PM
Hi All,

I recently won a Quadra Island doe draw as an LEH. I'm simply looking to add some meat to the freezer. If anyone has any experience hunting on the island, knows where access to crown land is, or could help me by sharing some experiences I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks.

quadrakid
08-25-2015, 09:09 PM
There is lots of room for you to hunt,access is good. Hunt the woodlots on the north end. You will be doing the foresters a favor.

markomoose
08-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Me's thinks quadrakid may be in the know??

huff
08-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Give me pm and I will give you some spots where your chances will be very good.

thunderheart
09-02-2015, 01:57 PM
living on quadra island ..you wont have to look hard .. 5 on the driveway this morning

NorthernIsland
06-25-2019, 03:13 AM
Hi All,

I recently won a Quadra Island doe draw as an LEH. I'm simply looking to add some meat to the freezer. If anyone has any experience hunting on the island, knows where access to crown land is, or could help me by sharing some experiences I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks.

I got a doe tag for this fall i would like all or any tips i have a rifle so also need to know what part of the island i can use it

walks with deer
06-25-2019, 08:39 AM
tightlips.. welcome to the site...you need to tell a joke on first post...

sounds like your in for adventure.

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 10:16 AM
Is this your first post on the sight? Asking for help? Hmmm

IronNoggin
06-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Is this your first post on the sight? Asking for help? Hmmm

Seems you too did EXACTLY that same thing when you first joined, and have yet to initiate a hunting report in the years since that you have been here.
Rather than being a hypocrite, why don't you consider offering some real advice as was accorded yourself way back when?? :roll:

Sheesh!
Nog

Hank Hunter
06-25-2019, 12:04 PM
Good call Nog.

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Seems you too did EXACTLY that same thing when you first joined, and have yet to initiate a hunting report in the years since that you have been here.
Rather than being a hypocrite, why don't you consider offering some real advice as was accorded yourself way back when?? :roll:

Sheesh!
Nog

I actually joined before asking for any help. Also, do you have access to all of my private emails? Know your facts before you open that one up. What hunting reports should I have posted? My prime hunting spots? Not a chance. One of my ex partners did that already and that's why I have new spots.

IronNoggin
06-25-2019, 12:48 PM
I actually joined before asking for any help.

First recorded thread: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?71901-7-11-moose-draw-help-please

A hell of a lot of us post tales and pictures about our hunts. You don't have to give away your honey hole by doing so.
It is a hunting site after all, and folks rather appreciate some hunting story content.
Guess with your attitude, that ain't too likely to be forthcoming.

Again: Pot meet Kettle...

Cheers,
Nog

dmaxtech
06-25-2019, 12:54 PM
No one noticed this thread started in 2015?

IronNoggin
06-25-2019, 01:20 PM
No one noticed this thread started in 2015?

https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ROFLMAO.gif

Perfect!

Nog

Wild one
06-25-2019, 01:28 PM
In all fairness a new member bump this old thread looking for advice on the same draw

quadrakid
06-25-2019, 03:13 PM
There is lots of access in the rifle zone of Quadra. Map is in the regs. Get out of truck and hunt the second growth timber and the alder bottoms. Getting your doe should not be a problem. If all you do is look in slashes you will not do so well. Running into wolves is a real possibility .
Most islanders do not mind hunters but expect some looks if you go in the local coffee shop in camo with a bowie knife on your belt.

walks with deer
06-25-2019, 06:32 PM
i cant offer much advice on quadra...but with effort you shoud get yourself some steak..

nog probably knows his way around quadra he knows his stuff hes just a cranky old goat.

walks with deer
06-25-2019, 07:07 PM
i cant offer much advice on quadra...but with effort you shoud get yourself some steak..

nog probably knows his way around quadra he knows his stuff hes just a cranky old goat.

Pioneerman
06-25-2019, 07:36 PM

Sheesh!
Nog

We need like buttons like on FB :p

He also stated he would not help any one other than to tell them to find a dirt road. A lot of people are just get the LEH and starting to hunt, not everyone knows there is a community of fellow hunters that want to see others succeed and still they do not have to give away their favorite spots. Never hurts to be helpful.

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 08:28 PM
So giving them a mediocre spot is being generous? They could find that by going down any dirt road. This isn't rocket science to find somewhere to hunt. Put your money where your mouth is and tell everyone your good spots. I had a good spot and all of hunt bc found out about it from someone posting it. Every corner I turned had someone from the lower mainland. Started turning into a social outing rather than hunting. I have no issue helping certain people out on many things but not my good spots. Show hunt bc your good spots, make sure to bring the coffee. I had a fun day with this and stand by it. Cheers! And safe hunting.

walks with deer
06-26-2019, 03:53 AM
i thought tightlips was still looking for a doe?

vincentcui
06-26-2023, 11:59 PM
A friend of mine who lives in Lady Smith got this draw. He is wondering if he should head out in September (when doe are less alert) or in November (when rut may bring opportunities for buck hunting)? Let me know your thought folks, thanks.

Brett202
06-27-2023, 10:20 AM
Nothing is ever guaranteed, but a Quadra Doe draw would be about as close as it gets for bc hunting. Lots of crown land on the north of the island. Deer in every cut block. The iHunter app is a good tool to check your boundaries for private land. There are some beautiful camp grounds/rec sites on the island and travel times are short so you can camp by the beach and hunt the hills if you like. Good Luck.

vincentcui
06-27-2023, 11:03 AM
Nothing is ever guaranteed, but a Quadra Doe draw would be about as close as it gets for bc hunting. Lots of crown land on the north of the island. Deer in every cut block. The iHunter app is a good tool to check your boundaries for private land. There are some beautiful camp grounds/rec sites on the island and travel times are short so you can camp by the beach and hunt the hills if you like. Good Luck.
Thanks Brett