PDA

View Full Version : Rain September 1?

MichelD
08-24-2015, 09:54 AM
It is going to rain in Whistler on the weekend.

What's that mean for conditions in the alpine in Region 3 September 1?

Vladimir Poutine
08-24-2015, 09:56 AM

Not a thing unless we get 2 solid weeks of it.

palmer
08-24-2015, 09:57 AM

WET....maybe

MichelD
08-24-2015, 10:21 AM
I've woken to snow om my tent up there Sept. 1.

Coachman
08-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Probably means that you should take rain gear. Not much impact on anything unless it downpours for days; which is unlikely.

Stroodle
08-24-2015, 11:35 AM
What is the reason for mentioning it will be raining in Whistler and then talk about region 3? Many miles from each other. Perhaps I am just misinterpreting your post.

MichelD
08-24-2015, 11:50 AM
What is the reason for mentioning it will be raining in Whistler and then talk about region 3? Many miles from each other. Perhaps I am just misinterpreting your post.

Whistler is a the gateway to Region 3 via Pemberton and you can't get a weather forecast for Pemberton, the Hurley River road, Bralorne or Gold Bridge so looking at the Whistler forecast gives me an idea what to expect in the mountains beyond.

DMD
08-24-2015, 11:55 AM
https://spotwx.com/

Drag the spot anywhere and pick your weather model. Forecasts for everywhere!

Sofa King
08-24-2015, 12:06 PM
current gold bridge long term forecast is for rain from august 29 - September 2, then more rain on the 4th.
I'm thinking it will be wet and wet.

Stroodle
08-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Well I understand your thoughts on this, but I live in Pemberton and its weather is not always the same as Whistler let alone what is going on many miles to the north and in a very different climate. Not trying to be disrespectful, but going by this method, I would bet you'll only get lucky a handful of times....that being said, perhaps that is how the paid weathermen do it too as they aren't all that correct either��

Whistler is a the gateway to Region 3 via Pemberton and you can't get a weather forecast for Pemberton, the Hurley River road, Bralorne or Gold Bridge so looking at the Whistler forecast gives me an idea what to expect in the mountains beyond.

Jelvis
08-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Hey Meee shell don't worry about weather, but it's good your asking and seeking the future forecast.
Prepare for the worst and plan for the best, dig down and keep seeking, don't let yourself down.
Jelly Bean -- A good seed thrower throws he don't wait for the weather to cooperate -- it's t--i--m--e
Are you ready? And this corner ready? Let's git it on! -- come out and start throwin some lead!

Sofa King
08-24-2015, 12:24 PM
only accurate way to have an idea is to watch the radar.
that shows where the real precip is at the moment.
go to the maps and click "radar".
the big moving green blobs are rain systems.
yellow heavier precip, red even more.
blues mean hail, sleat, or snow.

M.Dean
08-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Whistler is a the gateway to Region 3 via Pemberton and you can't get a weather forecast for Pemberton, the Hurley River road, Bralorne or Gold Bridge so looking at the Whistler forecast gives me an idea what to expect in the mountains beyond. Holy Moly!!! Didn't know I lived that close to Whistler! Next quad ride I think I just might drop by GH's place for a good home cooked meal!!! I really like inch thick T-Bones, Bar Ba Que'd, of course!!!

MichelD
08-24-2015, 01:35 PM

Thank you for that.

Cordillera
08-25-2015, 06:25 AM

That is awesome!!!

BiG Boar
08-25-2015, 06:54 AM
I just looked up the forecast for a month from now. It looks like snow in my area up north. My forecast is for Prince George, but I'll be hunting around Fort St John. What should I do?

jessonml
08-25-2015, 07:52 AM
Just cancel the trip Dave, thats the smart thing...

B.C.Boy(100%)
08-25-2015, 08:50 AM

OH YA, sweet thanks DMD
I'll be comparing it with the Marine weather models I've been using all these years for checking the surf.

604redneck
08-25-2015, 09:02 AM
I was up in the alpine last friday and we got snowed on in region 4 near revelstoke

wideopenthrottle
08-25-2015, 09:08 AM
didn't go there last year but will be going there this year (no moose LEH boo hooo).. glad to hear it is cooling off there... 2 years in a row we had to leave early due to concerns with our meat...we took a small freezer last year on our moose trip and it worked out great.

Stainless
08-27-2015, 11:37 AM
I just looked up the forecast for a month from now. It looks like snow in my area up north. My forecast is for Prince George, but I'll be hunting around Fort St John. What should I do?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/56263744.jpg