PDA

View Full Version : This takes NERVES!

IronNoggin
08-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Really!!

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/bowhunter-captures-intense-point-blank-kill-moose-video/

No wonder his mitt is shaking after the shot!! I'd be shaking like a leaf All Over!!

Cheers,
Nog

Glenny
08-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Nerves o steel indeed. Wow that was some good footage.

madtrapper85
08-22-2015, 01:51 PM
That is insane. I think anyone would be shaking after that!

Riverbc
08-22-2015, 02:04 PM
I've seen this guy quiding on The Edge, on WildTV. I'd swear his grunts was a real bull moose.

604ksmith
08-22-2015, 02:14 PM
I was waiting for him to pet the damn thing...

Cool video, but that could have gone horribly wrong in an instant. Hope that guy realizes how dangerous that was.

monasheemountainman
08-22-2015, 02:34 PM
I was waiting for him to pet the damn thing...

Cool video, but that could have gone horribly wrong in an instant. Hope that guy realizes how dangerous that was.

dangerous for the moose!!! who cares, if he wants to hunt like that all power to him, hunting goats is more dangerous than that

Ambush
08-22-2015, 02:35 PM

That's Riel the "Rackman". He has likely had more close encounters with rutted up bulls then any other moose hunter or guide. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I watch that video about 30 times every season!

604ksmith
08-22-2015, 02:52 PM
I appreciate the video and the up-close look it provides, but I don't see any difference between this video and someone trying to swim with sharks, selfie with bears, or jump in zoo exhibits.

It's just a matter of time before WILD reality checks in, and experience runs short. That Moose could have killed him way before that arrow took affect.

Fella
08-22-2015, 03:09 PM
I appreciate the video and the up-close look it provides, but I don't see any difference between this video and someone trying to swim with sharks, selfie with bears, or jump in zoo exhibits.

It's just a matter of time before WILD reality checks in, and experience runs short. That Moose could have killed him way before that arrow took affect.
Ya but "wild reality" could kick in anytime you're in the bush. You could be walking on a log in a slash, slip and bust your leg for all you know. You take a risk every time you go into the bush, heck you take a risk every time you drive your car somewhere!

Ambush
08-22-2015, 03:28 PM
I don't think he planned on being that close. But he was fairly confident that it was a contender for the new archery world record and however it happened he was going to do his best to make a shot happen. And it just happened to be at three yards.

If you want to see close and dangerous, google "Dwight Schuh charged by bull moose". He very nearly gets it! But he also gets the bull with that one arrow.

click here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z6fMvD7gQ8

604ksmith
08-22-2015, 03:33 PM
I agree he couldn't have planned it like that.

I just wanted to post a bit of a warning. Recently it seems like hunting has been getting into these extreme cases where youtube hero's are made by close shots and near misses. As posted above, we all take risks to get out in the bush. Whether it's a twisted ankle, a forgotten beacon, ect...

Just make sure, if you're going to hype this video, respect the danger.

Ambush
08-22-2015, 03:38 PM

Yup, for sure the danger is real. Big, big animals!!

markomoose
08-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Yup, for sure the danger is real. Big, big animals!!
Picked up that video last fall it's pretty intense!

HarryToolips
08-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Wow insane, he's obviously got tonnes of experience to go along with ballzz of steal...

Fella
08-23-2015, 07:11 PM
I just wanted to post a bit of a warning. Recently it seems like hunting has been getting into these extreme cases where youtube hero's are made by close shots and near misses. As posted above, we all take risks to get out in the bush. Whether it's a twisted ankle, a forgotten beacon, ect...

Oh for sure, i've noticed the same. Seems like hunting has turned into a dick measuring contest, or maybe people have just gotten dumber, who knows!

The Hermit
08-25-2015, 11:44 AM
I am really surprised that he didn't get a pass though? Great footage!

Xenomorph
10-06-2015, 11:44 PM
I am really surprised that he didn't get a pass though? Great footage!

You'd need an 80# for that :)

Jokes aside, he's the reason why I got into how hunting. I stumbled onto his videos when I was living in Montreal and the rest is history. Started working out, practicing ...I have to say, that right there is the best office in the whole world. Good eating too :)