PDA

View Full Version : Cristian Valley hunting this year

adrianvip
08-20-2015, 07:57 PM
Hi Guys
Every year I take the kids to Cristian Valley near Rock Creek for the junior season opening but this year with all the Wild fire around Rock Creek I was wondering if it's anything left to hunt on September.
Not sure if the fire was burning on the Cristian Valley pass km 40 or most on the highway 33.

358mag
08-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Still lots of country to hunt just go a bit up river . Good luck get of the roads and you will find deer .

Kowabunga
08-20-2015, 10:48 PM
From the map on the BC wildfire website it appears to be mostly up the bottom and west side of the valley from RockCreek to Westbridge. It is just to the south end of Chritian Valley. The worst part is how dry and hot it is all over the Boundary area this year. Best of luck. Hwy-33 is supposed to be open again by the end of the weekend (tentative timing)

hunter1947
08-21-2015, 04:21 AM
My thoughts are is that the deer will still be there they just move from where the fire was still will be good hunting as long as it is not where the fire was where you have hunting in the past ??.

ruger#1
08-21-2015, 04:46 AM
It is a good sized valley. Deer like burns. They will be hanging around the fringes . It also gives you a chance to explore more territory. Hope for some lite rain, To keep the dust down. Good Luck.