PDA

View Full Version : restricted transfer?

ian745
08-20-2015, 07:20 PM
so, i`m new to rpal just got it a week ago, and have found a pistol im going to buy, its from a private seller, anyone know how long i may be looking at for transfer and att and all that fun junk to get it home?, , i called the firearms center for some info and the lady i talked to told me to call back once i made the sale and go from there...any ideas what kinda time frame im in for?

dakoda62
08-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Probably no more than a week. Sept 2nd your Rpal is your ATT.

Glenny
08-20-2015, 10:05 PM
I sold my 9mm to a guy last week. We went to the Firearms office on 152nd street in Surrey. Did the paperwork and he came to my place and picked it up and took it home. Don't know where you live but this works here. To save a little time initiate the transfer (by phone) and get a Conf# number, tell them you are on your way there and they will forward the number to the office as they need conf first. That simple. G

lip_ripper00
08-21-2015, 09:11 AM
^^^^^^^ this, same day.

ian745
08-21-2015, 09:14 AM
thanks, its a 3 hour round trip for me to where i`m buying the pistol, so hopefully i can just hang out in nanaimo most of the day while we wait and i can take it home, would hate to need to make a second trip, well i wouldnt but would prefer not to!! lol

r106
08-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Sounds like the system is working a lot better than it was a few years ago.. my last transfer was a month++.. but that was over a year ago.

ian745
08-21-2015, 09:21 PM
well, update, purchased the pistol today at noon, 1 hour 13 minutes later, it was transfered and had my temp att and my long term one emailed to me, , was totally surprised at that, i called to get the email address to send a copy of my club membership and she said hold the line, 12 minutes later i had everything issued and ya, totally shocked by that specially on a friday!!!!, happy day!!

Glenny
08-22-2015, 01:50 PM
^^^^^^^ this, same day.

Same day. Took bout 30 minutes. Had to wait for the conf xfer number to come in. Or it would have taken 5 minutes. Where the problem lies is when its your first Short term ATT.