PDA

View Full Version : Someone trying to hack my account???

brenden
08-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Hello,

havn't been active on this site for a few years now, however, just got an email at 9:03am that someone had tried five times to log into my account?? Whoever it is can quit..... admin??? What can be done here?

Brenden

Steeleco
08-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Many of us myself included have had this happen, fear not. As long as you have a strong password your OK. I'm told it's a fault of the software and happens to many site using the same program.

brenden
08-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Great,

Thank You!

Jagermeister
08-19-2015, 11:01 AM
They are locked out after 5 attempts and have to move on. The downside is that if you want to log in just after the lockout, you're going to have to wait about 15 or 20 minutes before you can gain access providing they did not try again.

shootsmcgee
08-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Yeah it happened to me too. Can't help but wonder if its a bunch of weenies trying to get in and start some $hit as it is a hunting site and not really world renown. You can look up the ip address and from previous threads mentioning the same incident but whoever is doing it has an ip scrambler. Mine said it was from spain and others from all over the world...

ryanb
08-19-2015, 08:31 PM
They hack accounts with weak passwords then pm people posing as you to try and get them to click on links or phishing for personal information.

M.Dean
08-20-2015, 06:38 AM
A strong "Password" is key! I use my name on all my account's, even my on line banking, who would think of that, eh? And for all my PIN numbers, I use my birthday! Nobody, but no body would think to try this combo to "Hack" my computer! But, the down side here is this, trying to remember these damn names and numbers when I go to use my Debit card, so now the Wife makes me write them down on my arm "Before" I go too town, she thinks of everything!

deerslayer01
08-20-2015, 07:50 AM
A strong "Password" is key! I use my name on all my account's, even my on line banking, who would think of that, eh? And for all my PIN numbers, I use my birthday! Nobody, but no body would think to try this combo to "Hack" my computer! But, the down side here is this, trying to remember these damn names and numbers when I go to use my Debit card, so now the Wife makes me write them down on my arm "Before" I go too town, she thinks of everything!

Protip: write the PIN numbers on your card with a marker and you wont need your wifes help

scott_karana
08-21-2015, 02:53 PM
It might have just been some ignoramous thinking he signed up using your name, "brenden", and kept trying to log in... :)

browningboy
08-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Must be thinking its Ashley Maddison