PDA

View Full Version : Past Tuchodi Second Lake

Jerlynn
08-18-2015, 10:58 PM
I'm planning on going past the second Tuchodi Lake this fall jetboating and haven't been able to find concrete word of how far past the lake you can make it. I've seen video of a set of falls some vague distance past the lake, but scouring google earth seems to indicate that the falls may be a tributary creek coming out of a high valley?? Anyone have any advice on distance and ability to jet in that direction?

We do have several 14ft custom built jetboats that do fairly well when it comes to running shallow, but the falls concern me.

Thanks!

BlacktailStalker
08-18-2015, 11:29 PM
Can't help you but love to see the pics ! Never been past the lake.

Buck
08-19-2015, 06:46 AM
Rockdoctor has been past he has some video on youtube of it.

2chodi
08-19-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm planning on going past the second Tuchodi Lake this fall jetboating and haven't been able to find concrete word of how far past the lake you can make it.

The Norther Rocky Mountains Park plan includes a boat closure about Tuchodi Lakes. I know that the closure was in place at one time, but it may have been lifted after consultation with the BC River Rats. You might want to check it out.

Jerlynn
08-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Rockdoctor has been past he has some video on youtube of it. Yeah I just can't quite get all the info I'm looking for. Maybe I can send Rockdoctor a PM though.

The Norther Rocky Mountains Park plan includes a boat closure about Tuchodi Lakes. I know that the closure was in place at one time, but it may have been lifted after consultation with the BC River Rats. You might want to check it out.

Had no idea about a boat closure, thanks for pointing out the possibility. I'll do some research and/or phoning around to investigate that part. Thanks!

ryanb
08-19-2015, 04:53 PM
I have never been above the second lake personally but I understand the top end of the second lake is one big sand bar. With the silty water coming out of the top end it can be hard to find your way without experience. This is all the advice I can offer, for what its worth, second hand. I have talked to people that have been well above though, exactly how far I can't recall.

CHEAM
08-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Try Bing maps and click on birds eye or aerial. This normally has way better resolution than G.E. for the north. With the YouTube videos and this you can usually get some Idea. Hope this help at least a little.

REMINGTON JIM
08-19-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm planning on going past the second Tuchodi Lake this fall jetboating and haven't been able to find concrete word of how far past the lake you can make it. I've seen video of a set of falls some vague distance past the lake, but scouring google earth seems to indicate that the falls may be a tributary creek coming out of a high valley?? Anyone have any advice on distance and ability to jet in that direction?

We do have several 14ft custom built jetboats that do fairly well when it comes to running shallow, but the falls concern me.

Thanks!

PM tuchodi (alton) hes being there many times ! :wink: RJ

Jerlynn
08-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Try Bing maps and click on birds eye or aerial. This normally has way better resolution than G.E. for the north. With the YouTube videos and this you can usually get some Idea. Hope this help at least a little.

That's really interesting. I even work in a technology job and would never have thought to look at Bing as an alternative.

Sitkaspruce
08-20-2015, 06:49 PM
That's really interesting. I even work in a technology job and would never have thought to look at Bing as an alternative.

You can also use Flash Earth, which uses Bing and adds labels and coordinates.

Bing is usually better up here in the north, but sometimes it is outdated, black and white photos. Switching between the two (or three) is the best way to have an overhead look.

I have walked past the 2nd lake, but not far enough to notice any difference in the river, not that I was paying much attention.

Cheers

SS

KBR
08-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Have been up way past second lake many times. Pm me and I can give ya some info

David Heitsman
08-21-2015, 10:30 AM
The signs are there indicating no powered access beyond the second lake. They are laid over, wonder by whom? When I was in there by horse a few years ago we talked to some jetters about them being in the river beyond the long sand bars and mud. The comment was, 'every body else is doing it'. Reminded me of the ATV'rs comments beyond the signs on Crater and past the signs on the Sikanni.

I'm not a jetter but you could clearly see grooves in the mud where the jet boats had run out of water and had to get out and push several hundred yards back to water. Didn't look like fun to me.

Jerlynn
08-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the info everyone and best of luck to all the rest of you in hunting this fall; love to read those success stories!

gathto
08-21-2015, 12:07 PM
I was up past second lake last year for last two weeks of Sept. Check last year water levels and compare to this year then PM me.

browningboy
08-21-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm thinking of taking my wake setter up there and BBQing on that beach, be nice!