PDA

View Full Version : Palliser Road Conditions??

Bugle M In
08-18-2015, 02:05 AM
Would like to ask what the condition of the Palliser Road is in the east Kootenays.
I know it was washed out in some places a few years back.
Is it totally passible again, meaning with a 4 wheel drive??, Or,
Are there still washouts, that are only with Quad possible to drive past etc.
If the Later is the case, What km signs appr. are these washouts at?
Thanks to anyone who posts in advance....
BMI

hunting2014
08-18-2015, 07:59 AM
As far as I know the main Palliser Rd is fine to drive on, the Albert River bridge washed out a few years ago but I'm not sure if they fixed it. There was some culverts washed out on the Palliser road but they fixed them right away.

tenrag
08-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Palliser road is fine all the way to the end. The bridge at the albert is not repaired. Don't worry about heading into that area because there are no animals anyway. :wink:

tenrag
08-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Check out this link http://www.janicestrong.com/htmlFiles/roads2.html It is a great resource for FSR roads in region 4.

Bugle M In
08-21-2015, 11:10 PM
thanks to both of you ....

hunter1947
08-22-2015, 04:49 AM
The palliser area holds some cranker bull elk don't let anyone tell you different..

Bugle M In
08-22-2015, 04:52 PM
The palliser area holds some cranker bull elk don't let anyone tell you different..

Oh I know....
But the wolves have definitely mad a dent in some of the watersheds for sure.
I just want to expand my hunting area.
Have a few extra guys possibly coming along this year, so need some new areas.
Its been really slow the last 2 years....not fun, but it is hunting.

smoothbor
08-28-2015, 07:14 PM
been in their the last 3 years now. great spots before the albert river for whitetail for the kids elk were few and far between but we did see them up high on a few slides up the albert. good numbers of moose and we were successful with our draws with archery equipment. but definitely not the same as it was 25 years ago lol. were heading in again this year as our camp is full of young kids as new hunters so hopefully a few deer hit the ground and put some smiles on the young ones faces. we do have a moose draw again so hopefully one of the kids connects on that. when are you going in we will be in early this year for opener till about the 20th good luck