PDA

View Full Version : Deer question and lodging

Heffernan89
08-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone

Hope everyone is ready for the season about to start, I have been doing a lot of scouting but with only one trail camera I have run into a problem I haven't had yet. First I have Tons of video of white tail and moose (no moose tag so it just nice to see) it looks like the same 3 female deer that keep coming back to my site. at the beginning of scouting season (7 week ago) i also had one Mule deer Doe with a fawn but she hasn't came back yet. Now my question is I haven't seen any buck on my camera yet but I saw a few with my own eye in other cut block a little lower in elevation then where i am setup(Private land of course). Would you say keep the station going and maybe a buck will come in during the later month, or should I move with 2 weeks left of the season. Usually I have found bucks by now.

Also this year My buddy has invited me to go up north for a hunt. we are looking at staying in a cabin and have found http://www.fingerlakeresort.com/. anyone have any reviews with this site or maybe can recommend any in around this area. we would love to be in a elk area but realize it take time to scout witch we couldn't do this year (everyone living so far away) it mostly a vacation time for us so we will be happy with anything. looking to go oct 3-oct 7.

Please if you have nothing nice to say don't comment!

moosinaround
08-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Tag up for moose mule deer,black bear and grouse. Finger lake resort is awesome! You will see moose, many a spike fork has come out of there. There is an any bull season down the road too in reg 6-?! Go have fun and remember to bring your trout rod and tackle finger is a fun lake to fish. Moosin

Heffernan89
08-17-2015, 06:08 PM
thanks, anyone have any suggestion on a better elk location where theirs cabin for rent. Been looking online and am having a hard time finding any.