PDA

View Full Version : Redfern Lake Trail

albravo2
08-13-2015, 05:55 AM
Taking a family trip into Redfern next week. A few ATVs and a few motorcycles.

Anybody been in lately? Trail condition? I've heard the rancher near the lake rents out space in one of his bunkhouses, is that true? There will be 8 of us, I'd like to have some idea if we need to bring tents.

We went about half way last year, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

hunter1947
08-13-2015, 06:02 AM
If me I would take tents in with you you don't want any surprises do you..

bridger
08-13-2015, 06:08 AM
No rancher anywhere near red fern. Guide outfitter has a couple of cabins he rents out when hunting season is closed. Don't kmow about now with the season open. Can be some bad muskegs on the trail. May have trouble with motorcycles

albravo2
08-13-2015, 06:30 AM
Good point Wayne. I was thinking of siltarps for emergency shelter but for the sake of a few more pounds on the ATV I might just pack the big one.

Bridger, I will be sorely disappointed if most of our group doesn't end up muddy and stuck. Its probably going to be way too warm to hunt so we'll be enjoying the challenges and adventure the trail provides.

greybark
08-13-2015, 07:51 AM
Hey Albravo2 , a great idea for a family adventure . Several years ago Canadian National Geographic magazine described this area as ths "Serangeti"of the North . Caribou were readily visual on the bottom land on the way in but now the numbers have greatly declined . The lick on the otherside of 10 mi lake provides viewing from the trail of Moose , Caribou and Grizz. Just spend some time and be patient . LOL
The adventure of the trip in with its stunning visuals in is a bonus to the hunting . Winches and waders are a must . Take time to record all aspects of this adventure as it is truly special .
The tents are a good idea not only for accomodation but emergency shelter if required .
Packing game out , meals and lodging were available years ago but am unsure now .
Good luck on your adventure ...

hunter1947
08-13-2015, 08:07 AM
Take lots of pictures I have not been in there now for 30 plus years browns used to have the guiding rights 15 miles before you get to redfern don't know if they are still there there where a few cabins by the air strip near the Nevis creek

swampthing
08-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Nevis creek is where you can rent cabins if the outfitter is around

Jerlynn
08-13-2015, 10:34 PM
They were around at Nevis last year at this time and renting cabins. Can't help if the situation changed since then though.

bridger
08-13-2015, 10:43 PM
Good point Wayne. I was thinking of siltarps for emergency shelter but for the sake of a few more pounds on the ATV I might just pack the big one.

Bridger, I will be sorely disappointed if most of our group doesn't end up muddy and stuck. Its probably going to be way too warm to hunt so we'll be enjoying the challenges and adventure the trail provides.

If it keeps raining you won't be disappointed! Lol

bridger
08-13-2015, 10:52 PM
There are two outfitter camps on this trail. The main camp at Nevis Creek and the damp at redfern itself. Cabins at both camps but may be full of guides and hunters this time of year. Nevis camp is really to far from Redfern to base out of. Lots of places to camp along the way if you don't make it all the way to redfern the first day. One thing you should Consider is taking driniking water for the trail in. Lots of beavers in the water sources on way in. Have fun.

dhlodak
08-26-2015, 08:53 PM
How was your trip albravo2? Did you get little muddy on the trail? :) any pics to share with us? I will be heading there at the end of September and hoping trail would be ok!

big game chaser
09-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Isn't there weight restrictions on atv trails into muskwa Ketchika park ? How come there's so many side by sides up these trails ? There just ruining this awesome country !

flowmaster
09-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Whaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaa side x sides ain't ruinin nothing atv's have been going there for ever its a free world see u there in my side x side no need to reply

big game chaser
09-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Ya hope to see ya there in you side by side lol! We need to start reporting these assholes who are not following the rules!

leadpillproductions
09-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Yet another thread goes sideway seems like that's the way hbc has gone

flowmaster
09-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Sorry not breaking the rules and not tringing to go the wrong way just getting sick of whiners for those who are breaking the rules with weight throw them to the wolves